FamilyCorner.com Forums

FamilyCorner.com Forums (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/)
-   Master Mixes (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/master-mixes/)
-   -   Basic Cookie Mix (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/master-mixes/302-basic-cookie-mix.html)

kimmyo 02-01-2002 05:55 AM

Basic Cookie Mix

I have not tried this one yet...... but I have a bunch of chocolate chips in the fridge and plan to make a few batches of choc chip cookies this weekend!:heart:

Basic Cookie Mix

8 cups all-purpose flour
2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
2 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
3 cups vegetable shortening

In a large bowl, combine flour, granulated sugar, brown sugar, salt and baking soda until well blended. With a pastry blender, cut in shortening until evenly distributed. Put in a large airtight container. Label and store in a cool, dry place for up to 12 weeks. Makes aboout 16 cups of Basic Cookie Mix.

Chocolate Chip Cookies

3 cups Basic Cookie Mix
3 TBSP milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 egg
1 cup chocolate chips
1/2 nuts or coconut (optional)

Preheat oven to 375 F (190 C). Grease baking sheets. In large bowl combine cookie mix, milk, vanilla and egg. Blend well. Stir in chocolate chips, nuts and/or coconut (if desired). Drop by teaspoonfuls onto prepared baking sheets. Bake 10-15 minutes, until golden brown. Makes 2 dozen cookies.

kimmyo 02-01-2002 06:01 AM

Peanut Butter Cookies

3 cups Basic Cookie Mix
1/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
1/2 cup chunky-style peanut butter

Peheat oven to 375F (190C). Lightly grease baking sheets. Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. Blend well. Shape into 1 inch balls. Place on prepared baking sheets and flatten with fork tines. Bake 10-12 minutes, until edges are browned. Makes 30-36 cookies.

Variation:

Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookies: On baking sheets, press thumb into center of balls. Do not flatten. Fill with grape jelly.

kimmyo 02-01-2002 06:07 AM

Snickerdoodles

2 1/2 cups Basic Cookie Mix
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cream of tartar
1 egg
2 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp cinnamon

Preheat oven to 400F (205 C). In a medium bowl, combine cookie mix, baking soda, cream of tartaar and egg. Mix well. Combine sugar and cinnamon in a small dish. Shape dough into 1 1/2 inch balls. Roll in sugar-cinnamon mixture and place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten balls slightly. Bake 8-10 minutes, until lightly browned with cracked tops. Makes 2 dozen cookies.

Amanda 02-01-2002 06:53 AM

Oh bless your heart! I used to have this recipe (haven't tried it yet either) and lost it. Thank you so much for posting it! I am definitely going to try it, printing it now :)

Amanda 02-05-2002 01:30 PM

I made the chocolate chip cookies today and they are wonderful!! :)

kimmyo 02-06-2002 10:41 AM

Move over Toll House!^^ I made the chocolate chip cookies and they are awesome!:heart: I doubled the recipe and made 4 dozen cookies to take to school for my youngest ds's class! They are sure to be a hit!

Amanda 02-06-2002 12:23 PM

Yeah they are great, one BIG problem though......

I KEEP EATING THEM!!!

LOL

kimmyo 02-06-2002 03:21 PM

:eek: Oh I know what you mean Amanda! I had to hide them in the cupboard!ROFLMAO

Amanda 03-29-2002 06:15 AM

It's about time for me to make a new batch of this! ;-)

kimmyo 03-29-2002 12:21 PM

OMG Amanda I have been staying away from here cause I'm dieting and I can't eat this stuff! I really need to bake some cookies for my guys this weekend! Ugh!:-O