Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Master Mixes Recipes for homemade baking mixes, cake mizes, and everything in between!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 4.71 average.
Old 04-17-2002, 08:14 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

bisquik receipes

Thank-you soooo much. I have used some of these, but am looking (NOW) for an opportunity to use more---especially the coffecke and the Broccoli-cheese pie!!

thanks again...and I am sure that my fellas will thanks you too!!

HSma
Old 04-18-2002, 03:45 PM
Special Member of the Family
Honorary Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

I made the biscuit flour today.....wellllll.......all I had was wheat flour ( I don't know HOW that happened), so I used it. I think this will be my batch to use in main dish recipes and I'll have to make another batch to use for breads. I made some biscuits just to see how they would taste and my ds and I agreed they were "ok". Anyway, it's still a good deal, right?

May you have warm words on a cold evening ~ A full moon on a dark night ~ and the road downhill all the way to your door. Lisa~
Old 04-18-2002, 03:48 PM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Big difference with wheat! In fact, I think the measurements end up being different if you use wheat flour, but I don't know for sure.
Old 04-21-2002, 07:43 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Most recipes I have ever seen using wheat flour for biscuits and such only use about 1/3 to 2/3 or 1/2 to 1/2 ratios of wheat to white flour. Wheat flour has more fiber because it has not been processed as much...better for you, but not as fluffy and smooth.

When you get some white flour, make the bisquick master mix. Using a ratio of 1/3 wheat to 2/3 white, mix up your two mixes (1 cup wheat mix to 2 cups white mix). As least things you make will taste a little better. Hope this helps!

Charlene, mother to five

When God closes a door, somewhere he opens a window.

Last edited by sharlibird; 04-21-2002 at 07:46 PM.
Old 04-22-2002, 09:37 AM
Honorary Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Thanks. I'lll probably try that today. How did I ever get anything done without you guys? ;-)

May you have warm words on a cold evening ~ A full moon on a dark night ~ and the road downhill all the way to your door. Lisa~
Old 04-25-2002, 09:07 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

i have a few ? about this.can you use it in the regular bisquick recipes because i have ton of thier cookbooks.say you like cookbooks once and that is all anyone get you for your birthday.and the other ? is how long can you store it for?
thanks,emmalee
Old 04-25-2002, 09:31 AM
Honorary Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Hi Emmajean,

So far, I have used it in any recipe calling for Bisquick and it has worked. I think I read that it will keep for 12 weeks in an airtight container. I keep mine in the refrigerator. I think it will probably run out long before it gets "too old". I've even used the mix in a couple of recipes that called for flour.....if it called for 3 tsps, I put in 2 tsps flour, and one tsp mix....it gave it a nice fluffiness.

That's so funny and true about the cookbooks. I, personally, would never spend money on a cookbook again. It's too easy to get recipes online. My current project: I print out the recipes...one on the front, reinsert and print upside down on the back a different recipe. Then I'm putting them in a three-ring binder. When I get to the end in one direction, I simply turn the notebook upside down and start from the back. Two cookbooks in one. Plus, it is a cookbook of ONLY things my family liked, things that were "keepers" ...and things with normal ingredients that you don't have to go to gourmet delis or special markets to get, so I can always make any given one. It's really helping to organize my dinner routine. I'm soooo grateful for FamilyCorner.

Old 04-27-2002, 11:30 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Hi Emmajean,

Another point to note is where you store it in the fridge. I once stored mine on the door (had only a little left & no time to make more). I put it in another container and left it on the upper part of the door. Hubby bought me some of the regular mix when I was sick, so I didn't use it for several weeks. There was mold on it!

Lessons learned the hard way are the best learned, I guess. I also have used it in all my Bisquick recipes...Pioneer mix recipes also. It works just fine.

Charlene, mother to five

When God closes a door, somewhere he opens a window.
Old 05-23-2002, 08:07 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I mixed up a new batch of the bisquick mix (for Pancakes) and seperated it into ziploc bags. I wrote the directions on each bag. Now when I'm at the campground all I have to do is add the milk and eggs to the bag and mix it up and its ready to pour...straight from the bag. No fuss-no muss!
Old 04-19-2003, 11:34 PM
Assistant Moderator

When I made the impossible chocolate pie I only had some brownie master mix so I put that in instead and it turned out beautifully. A real chocolate fix