Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Master Mixes Recipes for homemade baking mixes, cake mizes, and everything in between!

Old 04-21-2002, 01:12 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Hey girlfriend! Last night I was going through some papers and found a xerox copy of recipes. I had make some copies for my mother-in-law and I had made a 3 copies of one page because the setting on the machine was not at 1. I just grabbed the copies and left - never did toss the extra copies when I got home Would you like me to mail it to you? On it are the recipes for a basic white, egg bread, honey banana whole wheat, and light whole wheat for both 1 1/2 and 2lb.loaves. Let me know
[email protected]

If a man says something and no woman hears it....is he still wrong?

Well, nobody's perfect - Osgood E. Fielding III
SOME LIKE IT HOT (1959)

My FC Member Awards!
<hr height=3 color=green width=95%>

Hey, I won!
Old 04-21-2002, 06:26 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Cinnamon Rolls

I love having my bread machine for when I run out of bread. But our favorite is the cinnamon rolls. They are always moist, even the next day. My sons 1st grade report had on it that his favorite food was Mom's homemade cinnamon rolls. Was I proud! While making your own bread may not be cheeper than the thrift stores day old bread, I know that these cinnamon rolls are a buy. They also make a great gift to give.
I also have one friend that makes up about 50 bags of bread mixes and stores them in her refidge. Sometimes, on Sunday, I'll make 4-6 bags of mixes. It helps keep down the mess when I do want to make bread.
For recipes you may want to check your local library or try a seach on the web. www.allrecipes.com may have some interesting recipes.

Sue
With one screaming 3 year old on my lap
Old 04-27-2002, 08:18 AM
Special Member of the Family
Honorary Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Thanks Sue! Checked out that site and there are so many recipes for vegetarian dishes (as well as bread machines). That will help my family so much. Trying to find a main dish that my vegetarian kids will eat and that will also satisfy my meat&potatoes dh is not always easy....but I have a feeling it's about to get easier.

May you have warm words on a cold evening ~ A full moon on a dark night ~ and the road downhill all the way to your door. Lisa~
Old 04-27-2002, 11:39 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

0 ,thanks,
for the master bread recipe
sure am going to try it, very soon ,, i also am in ORANGE CO,CA
[email protected]
Old 05-19-2002, 07:51 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Hello,
just a question!
is this the dry potatoes flakes?
going to make a loaf today,
thanks
grandmabee:
Old 05-19-2002, 12:57 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

now i see what recipe you are talking about and why you emailed me....lolol you are looking at the recipe above from mwnjw..yes that is the boxed instant mashed potato flakes.

If a man says something and no woman hears it....is he still wrong?

Well, nobody's perfect - Osgood E. Fielding III
SOME LIKE IT HOT (1959)

My FC Member Awards!
<hr height=3 color=green width=95%>

Hey, I won!
Old 06-03-2002, 09:19 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

bread machine

:p please share with me some of the bread machine recipes! Have a machine but havent found a good recipe. The white bread recipe that is shared and calls for potato flakes, are they dry flakes or premade mashed potatoes? thanks....Regina you can also email me at [email protected]
Old 06-03-2002, 11:32 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Cinnamom roll receipe???

Sue, et al,

Sue you mentioned,
"I love having my bread machine for when I run out of bread. But our favorite is the cinnamon rolls. They are always moist, even the next day. My sons 1st grade report had on it that his favorite food was Mom's homemade cinnamon rolls."
My question is WHAT cinnamon roll receipe? Did I miss it somewhere??? My boys have been asking, and I think I will make a "End of school year treat" but would like a really great receipe...

HSma
Old 06-04-2002, 10:54 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Hi everyone , I have a question about homemade bread makers..everytime I make bread its so tough..Is there something that I am doing wrong...
Thanks
Georgia

I even mess up the boxed mixes..lol
Old 06-04-2002, 07:40 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

My bread machine is *very* fussy about the ingredients. You actually have to spoon the flour lighltly into the measuring cup and level it with a knife! In some ways, making bread by hand was easier!

Tough bread, I think, comes from the dough being too stiff. My machine beeps when it is halfway through kneading. The book says to check the dough at that point. If it is too stiff, add a *little* water, if it is too sloppy, add a little flour. I actually start out with more liquid than the recipe calls for, then I add a little oatmeal if it needs it. Hope that helps!

Caroline