Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Master Mixes Recipes for homemade baking mixes, cake mizes, and everything in between!

Old 08-01-2004, 07:00 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Master spice packet for Roast Sticky Chicken

I like to make up a spice packet for my roast sticky chicken and I get two meals from this! As I measure out the dry ingredients, I measure them out into 6-10 baggies making up spice packets for future use! Very easy!

Meal 1:
ROAST STICKY CHICKEN
Dry ingredients:
4 tsp salt
2 tsp paprika
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp thyme
1 tsp white pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp black pepper

Thoroughly combine all the spices. Remove giblets from chicken, clean the cavity well and pat dry with paper towels. Rub the spice mxture into the chicken, both inside and out, making sure it is evenly distrbuted and down deep into the skin. Place in zipper food storage bag, seal and refrigerate overnight or freeze.

When ready to roast, stuff cafvity with onions, and place in a shallow baking pan. Roast uncoverd at 250 degrees for 5 hours. After the first hour, bast chicken every 30 minutes with juices. The pan juices will start to carmelize on the bottom of the pan dnd the chicken will turn golden brown. Let chicken rest 10 minutes before carving.

I just throw it all in a crockpot and cook it for 10 hours with great results, instead.

Meal 2: (Not finished yet

)

TOO DELICIOUS SPICY CHICKEN SOUP
Make gravy from the juices of the sticky chicken and place in your fridge for use after you've made a chicken stock.

Clean all the leftover chicken off the bones.
Toss the bones back into the crockpot along with whatever veggies are wilting in the fridge. Try to include a quartered onion. Cover this with water and cook for 10 hours. Drain using a cheese cloth reserving the yummy broth.

Now combine the left over chicken, chicken broth that you just made and the gravy from the night before in the crockpot. Ad desired veggies and simmer either all day or just until the gravy is no longer thick and clumpy.

Enjoy!

Last edited by Kris10; 08-01-2004 at 07:03 AM.
Old 01-15-2015, 07:44 AM
Head Moderator

Sounds like a mix I need to make up and keep some ready to go! Thanks for sharing Kris10!

When I was young we used to go "skinny dipping"; now we just "chunky dunk"

“The value of doing something does not lie in the ease or difficulty, the probability or improbability of its achievement, but in the vision, the plan, the determination and the perseverance, the effort and the struggle which go into the project. Life is enriched by aspiration and effort, rather than by acquisition and accumulation.”

― Helen Nearing, The Good Life