Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Relationships > Marriage & Divorce > Marriage

Marriage Marriage is a huge comittment, one that has many ups and downs. Get support and advice here.

Old 11-25-2002, 10:03 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Losing your mate and best friend

Friday morning at 5:11 AM I lost my very best friend and husband of 41 years, after 6 years of dating. He had notbeen sick at all, was on no medication, just went to bed about 2AM and came back in the room about 45 min later having trouble catching his breath. Called the ambulance, and on the way to the hospital (about 20 min on the road and 10 more to go), the medic in the back hollered up to hit the lights, and we jumped from 70 to 90. They worked on him for two hrs and managed to get him back two times, though on a ventilator, but..........

I have thought often that I well could be setting myself up for a hurtful time. Charles' Dad died after many years of heart trouble at age 63 - and women tend to live longer anyway. However, Charels had long passed the age of his Dad's original problems, and was so healthy (he was 62), so.........

Charles and I did everything together, and I would not trade that for anything in the world - especially now. However, it has meant that, while I know I have people who like me, I really don't have a friend to get together with or do things with. There is not even someone that I call and chat with. Since we moved here,and probably because of time constraints when I was working and raising 4 kids, I made my family my "friends"That is wonderful to have such a realtionship with them, but it makes it very difficult when you lose your very very best friend and companion - and while my 4 children will do anything for me, they have their lives to live - spouses, children,college, jobs. And I so do not want to become a burden to them.

I need a lot opf prayers, please. Linda
Old 11-26-2002, 04:04 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

My Prayers Are With You

Dear Linda, Sorry to hear about your DH. I feel your hurt. It is hard to lose your mate after so many years of being so close. Take the time when you are feeling better to go out with friends. Try and make new friends to help pass the time. Keep postsing on here we are all your friends & family.
Old 11-26-2002, 08:57 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Oh Linda! I am so sorry for your loss! I've been wondering about you and where you were! I just wish I had some words of comfort for you. I lost my grandmother in August and she has been around my whole life so I understand a little bit, but I just can't imagine losing my husband after 41 years. It must be so hard especially around this time of year. I'll definitely be praying for you. Please keep posting and talking with us - we are your family and friends, too.

Angela
(your NASCAR buddy!!)
Old 11-21-2003, 04:31 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Widowed

Is anyone here widowed? My husband passed away on 3/14/03 after a long battle with emphysema. He was 46 and I am 41. Our daughter is only seven years old. I would like to talk to any other widows and can be reached at [email protected].
Old 11-22-2003, 01:11 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Dear Ladydove,
Words cannot even begin to express my sympathy to you. I am SO very sorry to read your note about losing your husband. My heart aches for you. Take good care of yourself in these upcoming days and know that we care about you.
Your friends at Family Corner,
Donna
Old 05-29-2015, 12:43 AM
Head Moderator
FamilyCorner Addict

bump

When I was young we used to go "skinny dipping"; now we just "chunky dunk"

“The value of doing something does not lie in the ease or difficulty, the probability or improbability of its achievement, but in the vision, the plan, the determination and the perseverance, the effort and the struggle which go into the project. Life is enriched by aspiration and effort, rather than by acquisition and accumulation.”

― Helen Nearing, The Good Life