How long have you been married?

You're on Page 1 of 12
Go to
  • I wanted to find out how long everyone was married?

I'll start out: 17 yrs. for me, 2nd marriage.
  • Marriage
    Hi Janet...... Glad you posted this should be interesting. I also started a wedding photo post today.

I will be married on November 26,( Forty Seven years). Married young am only Sixty Five now. Still feel the same about my husband. Not sorry got married young. Being the oldest of four children I just matured sooner.

---------------
    Sueanne
  • Congratulations Sueanne, It is so great to see someone married for that long! Any secrets to that?

janet
  • Marriage Advice
    I don't know if it is a secret? Just be yourself have your own identity. Stay attractive & interesting. Have your own opinions on things. And always think before you speak harsh words since they cannot be taken back once said.

-----------------
    Sueanne
  • We celebrated our 20th anniversary this summer--June 12th.

• Congratulations Rainequilts! 20 yrs...great, any hints or advice?
  • We will celebrate our 10th year on March 28th, 2003.
  • Thanks, Janet! I try to remember that I have annoying little habits like the habits of his that drive me nuts. Remember, no matter how busy you are, you still need to spend time together. And if you have kids--get a sitter once in a while.

Have your own hobbies and interests; and let him have his. I sew and quilt; he loves hockey. We have an equal say in how the money is spent. It's important that both partners be up-to-date on the financial side of marriage.

The bottom line is I still love him as much as the day I married him; if not more. That's all that matters.

• My wonderful husband and I celebrated our 21st anniversary last week! He's my second and last. First marriage was a disaster and the only good thing to come of it was my 2 oldest daughters. My dh adopted them when our baby was 1 week old to the day. None of us has ever looked back. I cherish my husband as he does me. I'm a stay-at-home Nana for the three granddarlings now but even when I worked, we never left the house without kissing the other good-bye even if they were still in bed. Even though I don't work outside I still get up every morning to be with my husband. We have our coffee, watch the news, read the paper and talk about any plans, etc. He IS my best and dearest friend and I am completed by him. If anything were to happen to him none could ever fill his void.
    After 21 years we are still like honeymooners--holding hands, kissing and hugging all the time. At night we go to bed snuggled up together. I hope to celebrate many more anniversaries with my wonderful husband who is the BEST as far as I'm concerned.
  • how long married
    Gosh, I feel like I shouldnt even post, We will celebrate our one year anniversary on Dec. 7. This is my 3rd marriage and his 4th! Dont get me wrong, were not horrible people, just differant circumstances with the other marriages, jumping in to soon, death of a child, things like that - that lead to the break down of previous ones.
    I wish I could say Ive been married as long as you all. SOmeday I will tho. I dont see myself getting divorced again. Im getting to old to look for a man all over again, and mines a pretty good guy.
    Our only real challange is his kid and my kid. Both live with us, and we are both very protective over our own. It makes for stressful times sometimes, but if we can hurdle over that, we will be just fine.
    Congrats to all of you on many wonderful years of marriage!!