Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Marriage Marriage is a huge comittment, one that has many ups and downs. Get support and advice here.

Old 12-15-2002, 04:16 PM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Ok, in March it will be officially 9 years, but have lived together 13 years. Oldest child is also 14!!! I tell everyone we did everything backwords!!!

When I was young, I always said I wanted to be someone...I guess I should have been more specific!
Old 12-16-2002, 02:03 AM
Froggy
FamilyCorner Junkie

mom2-4

I'd say after 9 years it doesn't matter which order you did things in. You must have done them right. Congrats.
Old 12-16-2002, 02:47 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Thank you, I guess you are right...especially since we were so young when we met. When I got pregnant, his mom said you have to get married, I refused, because we were so young. But after two kids and 4 years later and we were still together, we both agreed to get married. Not someone elses decision!!!!

When I was young, I always said I wanted to be someone...I guess I should have been more specific!
Old 12-28-2002, 08:39 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Well I just celebrated 3 years in dec
Old 12-29-2002, 02:13 AM
Froggy
FamilyCorner Junkie

sweetberries

Congrats My hubby is my best friend. We've been together 35 years now and each year he gets more tender and loving. I am so lucky.
Old 12-29-2002, 06:05 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

awww ladyinmaille
thank you so much!that is so hope I make it to as long as you and your husband has.
Old 01-05-2003, 09:07 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

DH and I have been together 26 years, married 21, 22 in June. We are high school sweethearts. I agree that it is a full time job to work through the ups and downs of marriage. We are soon to be empty nesters, and are really looking forward to our time, and rediscovering what brought us together in the first place. We still hold hands, kiss each other hello and goodbye, call each other at lunch and really enjoy each others company. He makes me who I am, and I him. He asked my father if he could marry me on my 16th birthday. We'd only been dating 6 months! Needless to say my parents were a bit surprised. We married 3 years later.

No matter how short or long you've been married, or whether you have kids or not, never forget to say I love you. If you say it. you do it. If you do it you live it, and living it is what keeps you together.

Sharon

If you are coming to see me, come any time! If you are coming to see my house, make an appointment.
Old 01-05-2003, 10:41 AM
Froggy
FamilyCorner Junkie

Sharon

Quote: No matter how short or long you've been married, or whether you have kids or not, never forget to say I love you. If you say it. you do it. If you do it you live it, and living it is what keeps you together.

That is so true. Congrats on your marriage and your outlook on what makes a wonderful marriage.

My hubby retired December 31st at the age of 56 so we will be entering a new phase of our life together. He had a choice of taking an early retirement or waiting for the plant to shut down. This will be a new phase of our life together. A new adventure.

Again, congratulations, and best wishes for you as you venture into the empty nest syndrome. Like anything else, it will be bitter sweet until you get used to it. Then, its very nice being alone together for the first time in over 20 years or so.

Hugs, Linda
Old 01-05-2003, 12:27 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Just an update!! It's official!!!

My DS asked his girlfriend and it is confirmed--DH and I will offically become "Inlaws" within the year--game plan is for Aug. 2, 2003!!

Maybe if this thread is still around--they can post for their 1st anniversary here!!

Last edited by klcrn; 01-06-2003 at 03:48 AM.
Old 01-05-2003, 03:15 PM
Froggy
FamilyCorner Junkie

klcrn

What wonderful news. Weddings are so beautiful. I cry at all of them. I wish all good blessings to the happy young couple. Thanks for sharing your news.