Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Marriage Marriage is a huge comittment, one that has many ups and downs. Get support and advice here.

Old 03-30-2003, 01:20 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Quote:
he is one of those disgusting "morning" people
That's me too! When I worked in the hospital world my co-workers wanted to strangle me when I would come in all bright and chirpy. They wouldn't wake up until after lunch.
To this day though I don't work outside the home I'm still up by 6 weekdays and often weekends. I never sleep past 7 and rarely that late. My youngest dd gives us such a hard time when she's home on breaks because we go to bed at 10--but I remind her that we are up HOURS before she is.

How did 2 morning people wind up with 3 night owls???

Jayne

Editor of FREE Penny Pincher freebie newsletter:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LOLPennyPincher/

Subscribe: [email protected]

Special Member of the Family
Become an Honorary Member

Old 03-30-2003, 01:40 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Hi janet! yea I'm a nurse who has worked either 11p-7a or 7p-7a for the last 10 yrs with only one yr of doing 3-11 or 11-7!!

When I started this job I'm on now--After the 2 days of 7a-3p orientation, I told them "Don't be offended but you will never see this face voluntarally on daylight again!! Way too many chiefs and not enough indians on daylight--you have to trip over Drs., families, x-ray, Physical Therapy, meals, phone calls.......on and on and on.........just way more confusion than I'm willing to deal with-plus I've always been one to sleep late and stay up late--I hated school time!!

Nights are GENERALLY much quieter although I've had some horrific nights--

Just call me the night owl of the group!!! ;-)
Old 03-30-2003, 02:07 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Klcrn..you are so funny.."Do you wear sunglasses at night?" lol

Don't you just hate working "short" all the time?

I enjoyed day hours in the Laboratory....so much easier to call a doctor with critical values on bloodwork. And there was always more help.

Janet
Old 03-30-2003, 02:09 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Night Owl

I am a night owl. When I had to work (4 years ago) I did go to bed early and wake up by 6am But now I home school my kids and I stay at home and write novels for a living, also do ebay auctions. I love having my own schedule. I stay up until about 2-4am. In fact in my house if you stop by around midnight you will find us all awake and probably cleaning the house. (my poor neighbors!) Even my 5 year old is up. All of us sleep late, my husband would sleep all day but he is a retail store manager and has to get up! The rest of us are bums. Lucky for me I gave birth to a bunch of night owls.....imagine that......all 7 of um! I sometimes wonder how i managed to survive getting up so early and doing all I did back then. I am thankful for the life style I have now that enables me to stay at home and pursue my dream of being a published author. (not rich yet or famous but am trying). I would never want to have to wake up before 9am again. I would love your four year old KLCRN BUT he wouldn't fit in here.....LOL. Not even my dog is awake that early. I am just thankful that my husband and children are all night owls. Makes the household run more smoothly.
Felicia~ Fish3711
Old 03-30-2003, 02:43 PM
Assistant Moderator

Janet don't give that crazy lady KL any ideas, next thing you know she will want sunshine :p

Wasn't there a song a long time ago in the 80's, when I was just a baby, called 'I wear my sunglasses at night' by Cory Heart?

Old 03-30-2003, 02:55 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Bilby, you are right! See I do remember some things..lol

janet...where are you now?
Old 03-30-2003, 03:01 PM
Assistant Moderator

My hubby calls me "the keeper of useless information" because the strangest facts will be said at the most strangest moments!
Now I know I've left myself open for some lovely coments, but I'm tough I can take it!

Old 03-30-2003, 03:08 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Bilby -
Don't feel bad. He knows to come to you when he needs to remember something.

I'm the same way. I have more useless stuff filed in my head than I know what to do with. Maybe that's why I can't remember what I need at the store when I get there!

If you are coming to see me, come any time! If you are coming to see my house, make an appointment.
Old 03-30-2003, 03:13 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Funny how things get stuck in your head...I get alot of songs, well at least parts of them...does anyone remember...Who built this City on Rock and Roll?

Old 03-30-2003, 03:16 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Isn't it "We built this city......." I don't remember who sang it, but, gee thanks, it's now stuck in my head!

If you are coming to see me, come any time! If you are coming to see my house, make an appointment.