Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Relationships > Marriage & Divorce > Marriage

Marriage Marriage is a huge comittment, one that has many ups and downs. Get support and advice here.

Old 03-13-2011, 08:52 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Just got engaged and need help..please!

Hello everyone! I have been missing in action but Barbar talked me into posting my good news..and I am hoping to get some advice as well. I just got engaged to the MOST wonderful man in the whole world! I know,we all think that,right?? I need advice from those who have been divorced as to how to handle situations that arrise..insecurities,each others children and ex's to name a few. Also what do any of you do to make a 2nd marriage work and keep sparks alive? I am so excited to be engaged..I truly feel like I should have been with David my whole life..but I am grateful for the here and now. Thank you for any advice you may have I forgot...wedding is July 30th

David's wife Elaine

Old 03-13-2011, 10:34 AM
Head Moderator
FamilyCorner Addict

I don't think I would be much help with your questions, I have many friends and some not so much friends that have been divorced and remarried. So I have seen a lot, but never experienced it myself. My DH and I were high school sweethearts and have been married going on 38 years. But if you want to know any of things "I have seen" let me know! lol

When I was young we used to go "skinny dipping"; now we just "chunky dunk"

“The value of doing something does not lie in the ease or difficulty, the probability or improbability of its achievement, but in the vision, the plan, the determination and the perseverance, the effort and the struggle which go into the project. Life is enriched by aspiration and effort, rather than by acquisition and accumulation.”

― Helen Nearing, The Good Life
Old 03-13-2011, 06:05 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Thanks Cat! lol Im sure you have seen a lot. I was married for 23 years and divorced after 4 year separation. I thought I would ask if anyone had any advice...I can use all I can get lol

David's wife Elaine

Old 04-03-2011, 09:03 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Well, I am celebrating my 18th wedding anniversary this year, and from experience I think what has worked for us is always talking to each other. My husband and I are best friends besides loving each other. I know I can talk to him about anything. He and I know each other so well, we have finished each others sentences. Also have done things at the exact same time before, like closing a car door at the exact same time. We are always talking things over and we things for each other. I love him more than words can fully express. He is my rock and I am his. I have helped him through the loss of his Father, his Grandparents except for the one who is stilling living and through the loss of his oldest brother. He would do anything in the world for me and I would for him too. Anyway, I think communication is one key and always working together, not making decisions all on your own. At least that is what works for us. Also have an argument and get it out if you need to, don't keep feelings all bottled up inside. My Grandparents were married 52 years and they had their disagreements, but they always got it out and then things were okay. Hope I helped some. Congrats, on your engagement. God bless you and your fiance.