Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Relationships > Marriage & Divorce > Marriage

Marriage Marriage is a huge comittment, one that has many ups and downs. Get support and advice here.

Old 06-26-2010, 04:58 PM
Five Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Happy face *thirtysomething* years

~ Well, my husband and I have been together
ever since waaay back in 1966 when we were
14 + 15 year old *high school sweethearts*

and we have been married since 1973.

Whenever asked.....
"What is your secret?"

~ my response has always been
quite simply..... COMPROMISE!
Old 06-27-2010, 04:55 AM
Five Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Sooo.....
who else among us has been married forever?

~ PLEASE share your very special *love story*!
Old 07-03-2010, 06:44 PM
Five Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I've been married for 14yrs. so far. It's had it's ups & downs but I wouln't want to have to go through the dating scene like some of my friends are doing. It's rough! I also feel very blessed as it's rare that couples stay together anymore! I am hearing of this person & that person getting a divorce every time I turn around! I love my dh & he's my best friend even though he gets on my nerves at times,lol. I know I'm a pain in his butt too but he treats me good & we take care of each other! I would be lost without him!

The funny thing is how we met. My girlfriend wanted me to go out with him but I was a single , working Mom & had no interest in men! I was focusing on my kids & working to suppoert them! I told her "No". Then after about a week she just showed up at my apartment with him! I had been cleaning for my parents & was a complete mess!!! I agreed to meet him after they waited for me to shower & get ready. It took me a whole 2 hrs. as I took my time thinking he'd get tired of waiting & leave,lol. He waited ! We spent the night talking & playing cards ( the 4 of us) & I thought he was a young punk! I didn't like him! Then a week later he called & I agreed to go out as friends. We went out that night & the rest was history! He has been a wonderful husband & father to not only our 2 kids but my 2 sons that he helped raise since they were 5 & 3! He basically is the only Dad they know! I now Thank God everyday for putting him in my life!

Tara
Old 07-23-2010, 08:33 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Happy face

My story is similar to "Sheltie's". My dh and I were hs sweethearts (15 & 16 years old). We've been together for 35 years and we will be celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary in 2011. We have 2 grown up children, one lovely dil, and we're patiently waiting for grandchildren!! I don't know of any "secret" to a successful marriage. My dh is just a very patient, sweet man who loves me more than I deserve. We are best friends and that makes for a marriage of fun -- as well as romance! Best wishes to everyone celebrating their long/short relationships!!

Old 07-23-2010, 08:39 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

We have been married for 24 yrs and for us we both don't believe in ending a marriage with divorce so it has made us work through problems and bad years when it would have been easier pre-children to say the Heck with it and leave.

Roberta
Old 07-23-2010, 09:38 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

My 2nd hubby and I agreed no divorce for us that we would work out any probs but God called him Home after exactly 8 yrs and 3 months to the date
Old 07-23-2010, 02:21 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I was born in 1966

My hubby and I have been married since Aug 1987 and our advice would be to keep the lines of communication open at all times and talk to each other about things, big things little inconsequential daily things.
Being interested in each others hobbies and daily life, even if you're not show you are.

Don't worry, be happy LOL

Old 07-24-2010, 06:56 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I'll soon be married for 31 years. We both still care about each other even after 5kids and 4 grand kids. It still takes hard work and lots of compromising. But we have had our ups and downs too. Married since September 1979.

Best Wishes for all long and happy marriages.

Vicky