Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Relationships > Marriage & Divorce > Marriage

Marriage Marriage is a huge comittment, one that has many ups and downs. Get support and advice here.

Old 05-03-2014, 06:19 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Realized the most important thing to do is to make sure you have plenty of photos taken of you and your husband before he gets sick to be able too. Photos taken with family will be cherished to them too.

We have been married for 58 years so I am thankful for the years we have loved & shared together. Hopefully we stay healthy a few more.
________
Sueanne

Old 12-07-2015, 09:19 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Where has the time gone. Cannot believe when I wrote this six years ago my dh would still be with me today. He is not as spry as he was but still doing ok. Didn't know I would be taking care of my ds too after he was so sick and lost his leg about the same time. Thankful I am living where it is warm and easy to get around. Have wonderful neighbors who have lost their spouses and are eager to be of help to me since I don't drive anymore after losing sight in one eye. Glad I learned how to be self sufficient at an early age so he has no stress worrying about me. Ds is handling his disability as best as he can.
Eating healthy and keeping active will benefit you and your family.
_______
Sueanne

Old 12-08-2015, 05:16 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

We need to get our wishes in writing. Dh doesn't want a funeral. I want to be cremated. The kids can do whatever they need to.
Old 03-12-2016, 08:31 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Was getting worried after my oldest ds passed away last month that I had not heard from his wife. Kept calling and her message box was full. Guess her children didn't want to worry me. Glad she has good friends that were looking after things. Have phone numbers now where to reach them. Was ready to call her family members to see what happened. Got a call today that she was very sick and in the hospital in intensive care. Stress takes a big toll on your body after the death of a spouse.
Glad she is getting better and on the road to recovery.
________
Sueanne

Old 03-12-2016, 11:59 PM
Head Moderator
FamilyCorner Addict

Bluebird; that sounds just like us! Neither of us will have a funeral and we are both to be cremated; the boys are to gather our ashes and scatter us here on our property. In fact no one will be notified except our two boys and their immediate family when we pass till all the cremation is done. We have family members that just horror at that and have already said they will cause problems when that time comes. Both the boys know that is our wishes and they are fine with it they say.

When I was young we used to go "skinny dipping"; now we just "chunky dunk"

“The value of doing something does not lie in the ease or difficulty, the probability or improbability of its achievement, but in the vision, the plan, the determination and the perseverance, the effort and the struggle which go into the project. Life is enriched by aspiration and effort, rather than by acquisition and accumulation.”

― Helen Nearing, The Good Life
Old 03-14-2016, 06:01 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Cat Lover that sounds like our families. Gregg doesn't want his family to be here at all. With the problems my sister and my father have created I doubt I go back when my father passes away. The thought that we don't have family really bothers me at times.
Old 03-15-2016, 12:49 AM
Head Moderator
FamilyCorner Addict

Isn't it so sad when family members want to create problems for the surviving immediate family members at such a sad time? I just don't understand them and gave up long ago on trying to figure them out, not worth my time.

Hope it all works for you as well as us when the time does come. Take care!

When I was young we used to go "skinny dipping"; now we just "chunky dunk"

“The value of doing something does not lie in the ease or difficulty, the probability or improbability of its achievement, but in the vision, the plan, the determination and the perseverance, the effort and the struggle which go into the project. Life is enriched by aspiration and effort, rather than by acquisition and accumulation.”

― Helen Nearing, The Good Life
Old 03-20-2016, 09:06 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Was hard getting in touch with ds first wife when he passed away. Some one had to do it since she has two daughters from him with grandchildren. I was the stepmom who raised him so knew her from when they dated as teenagers. Was hard keeping in touch with her after he remarried since i was torn between both their new lives since i lived in another state. Once we started talking was like old times. Reassured her that she would always had a place in his heart since she was his first love. She thanked me as she wiped her tears. Will be following up with them this year.
_______
Sueanne

Old 06-04-2016, 04:16 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Time passes and everyone goes on with their lives. Women find new mates to fill the void of being lonely and someone taking care of them. What can you say! Just wish them well and accept the new relationships. Don't think I would be able to meet them right away.
_______
Sueanne

Old 06-27-2016, 07:44 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

[SIZE="3"][

Feel sad just lost my favorite cousin that my Mom raised as a teenager when her mother died. She was like an older sister to me. She even came to visit when I moved to Florida and surprised me the next day that she bought a lot around the corner from Me. She could not sell what she had in Florida so she had to back out from the sale. We have been close over the years talking on the phone every Sunday. She had a good life raising five children and in her old age they took care of her. She was 91 years old but laughed and enjoyed every minute with her family. My dh had a dream the night before that everyone was dying since so many in the family have died this year already. He woke looking for Me was glad I was alright. He was really shaken up.
We all know as we get older it will happen but not when so live life to the full most while you can.
______
Sueanne

/SIZE]
Attached Images

Last edited by Sueanne; 06-27-2016 at 07:47 AM.