Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Relationships > Marriage & Divorce > Marriage

Marriage Marriage is a huge comittment, one that has many ups and downs. Get support and advice here.

View Poll Results: How old were you when you got married?
20 or younger 26 46.43%
21-25 21 37.50%
26-30 6 10.71%
31-40 3 5.36%
41-50 0 0%
50 or older 0 0%
I'm still single! 0 0%
I'm engaged right now 0 0%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-19-2013, 08:52 AM
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Sueanne

That is a beautiful picture of you and your dh.

I was 23 yo and my dh was 28 yo when we got married.

Anna
Old 02-20-2013, 03:02 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I was 17 when I got married for the first time. Our wedding day was June 2nd, and I turned 18 in July. He was 24.

My 2nd married I was 36 yrs old when we made it legal.
He was 51.
We were together for 5 yrs and marriaged to one another in our hearts. Everyone thought we were too. LOL so I count that time which would of made me 31 almost 32 and he was 46 almost 47.. In fact I gave him his first surprize Birthday party when he turned 47...
Old 02-21-2013, 08:02 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Got married the first time at 21. That lasted 9 years. My second marriage, I got married at 31. We have been married for 16 years. This is the second marriage for us both. We have a few problems, but have worked them out. We agree to disagree, but try never to go to bed mad at each other.
Old 02-22-2013, 02:52 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Location: I live in the foothills of Maine and near a major river. The area is quiet but we can be in a large city that has everything that you would want to visit. WE're two hours from Old Orchard Beach and it is so beautiful
I was 38 the first time I got married and he was 47, I miss not being able to have children but I do have my daughter that I adopted and in some ways I think that is better. But she and I for some reason on her side are not speaking. I called her and her phone has been disconected. That is the only thing I would do , is get married younger, but we have been married 24 years.
Old 06-22-2013, 07:13 PM
FamilyCorner Addict

Thought I posted here before.
I was just 3 months shy of my 18th birthday. DH was 21 and 2 days.
Everyone, including the two of us didnt think it would last long. But we fooled all. We will celebrate 31 years Sept 4.
Old 06-23-2013, 04:56 AM
Forum Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

I was 17 years and 9 days when I married an airman from the Air Force base near my home. By 26 years I had had 6 girls. It's so funny, my dad thought the worst person in the world was a soldier, and next to that was a musician (playing in bars and such). After 10 years of marriage DH was playing guitar and fiddle in bars with country bands. I always said I felt like the daughter in law because Mom and Dad loved DH so much. We've made it through 56 years so far, have 5 surviving daughters, 4 granddaughters (1 is deceased), 4 grandsons, and 3 great granddaughters.
Mariland
Old 06-25-2013, 01:10 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Happy face

Like Coll, I thought that I posted here before (but I don't see my post) ..

I was 20 and my dh was 21 when we married 32 years ago! We were the first of my friends to marry and most people felt that we were too young. Ironically, my ds and his wonderful wife also married at 20 & 21 and celebrated their 6th anniversary yesterday!!

Lots of ups and downs in a marriage, but he is still my best friend. We are looking forward to growing old (I guess older -- lol !!) together!