Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Relationships > Marriage & Divorce > Marriage

Marriage Marriage is a huge comittment, one that has many ups and downs. Get support and advice here.

View Poll Results: How old were you when you got married?
20 or younger 26 46.43%
21-25 21 37.50%
26-30 6 10.71%
31-40 3 5.36%
41-50 0 0%
50 or older 0 0%
I'm still single! 0 0%
I'm engaged right now 0 0%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-11-2009, 03:50 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Marriage

I never wanted to get married, but my mom thought it would be better for any kids I might have.
I would probably do it again at 28ish, because I now have adult, gone from home kids, and I am still young enough to enjoy it. I don't at all feel that I missed anything, I had my career before I had kids, was very ready to settle down and take care of someone else. I did a great job, too, I might add!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajrsmom
Did you marry at a young age or did you wait until you were a little older to do it?

Did you marry at the age you really
thought that you would?

Would you do it again at the same age?
Why or why not?
Old 08-11-2009, 06:08 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

I was 18 and Kent was 20, we had only known each other for 8 months.. we were supposed to get married Aug 28 but his parents couldn't make it and Kent knew I wanted a bigger wedding so the night before he canceled it! Of course, I was furious and made him do ALL the calling. We rescheduled it for Dec 30. It was a wonderful snowy wedding. I'm glad we waited til Dec b/c we got married on my mom's birthday and now that she's gone, it makes it even more special! No one thought we'd make it more than a year but surprise!!! It'll be 20 yrs this Dec!!!
Attached Images

Pampered Chef Senior Consultant
Stacia's Kookin Korner

http://www.pamperedchef.biz/staciaskookinkorner

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord,"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11
Old 10-18-2009, 12:00 PM
Two Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

I was eight weeks of turning 20. We were young & in love. Married on Valentine's Day.
The following Feburary,our first child was born a week before our first anniversary. Three kids later,still together.

The Best Thing To Hold Onto In Life Is Each Other.
Audrey Hepburn
Old 10-18-2009, 01:58 PM
FamilyCorner Addict

Happy face

Fenwick, My first child was born the week before our first anniversary too. He was less than 5 lbs at birth so they kept him in the hospital.. I brought him home on our anniversary. I was married to my husband for 42 yrs.. he passed away & I am now remarried to my high school sweetheart. We will be married 4 yrs this December coming.
Old 10-18-2009, 05:48 PM
Two Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minny
Fenwick, My first child was born the week before our first anniversary too. He was less than 5 lbs at birth so they kept him in the hospital.. I brought him home on our anniversary. I was married to my husband for 42 yrs.. he passed away & I am now remarried to my high school sweetheart. We will be married 4 yrs this December coming.
Good for you,Minny. 42 years,wow. Glad you found love with an old love.

The Best Thing To Hold Onto In Life Is Each Other.
Audrey Hepburn
Old 10-23-2009, 03:54 PM
Two Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

i got married at he age of 18 due to pregnancy
and still married to the same man 23 years later we are about to celebrate our 23 ann we were dateing 2 years before so intotal i have been decitated to this one man for 25 years

i didnnt think that i would marry that young i thought mabe in my 20's

would i do it over probally not i would have finished high school and get a career established then get married
Old 11-04-2009, 06:07 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I was 1 month shy of 21 and dh was shy of 25. Young by today’s standards, We had dated for 4 years and it seemed to be the thing to do. I’m not sorry and would do it again. He nursed me through a life threatening illness and physical disability, always telling me how lucky he was I was still with him. We have been married for 44 years and have 3 daughters

Old 12-08-2009, 01:42 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

My dh and I got married when we were both 24. I always knew I would get married between 24-26 and it actually happened. We dated for a year and a half before getting engaged and then were engaged a year and a half before getting married. We will be celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary in May. Sure doesn't seem like it has been that long and I would most definitely do it all again even with all the ups and downs.

~Mother Theresa

Old 12-08-2009, 01:55 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Sammi you "courted" a good while and got to know each other pretty well which was good.
Otto & I would have been married 22 yrs this past July 18th but lost him in Oct of 95.
Old 12-22-2009, 10:32 PM
Two Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

I just loved all this comment about your married lifes... I came in here to see what age I should be marrying but you know what I think I should be long married and its never late now.... Im 25 and im damn sure about my decision that i need to get married to my darling.