Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Relationships > Marriage & Divorce > Marriage

Marriage Marriage is a huge comittment, one that has many ups and downs. Get support and advice here.

Old 11-12-2005, 08:55 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Anyone RENEW their VOWS..

We are planning on ReNewing Our vows next yr..anyone have any stories, ideas, help??

Places to look for ideas are welcome too!! AS well as stories of your Renewal!!

Also what color do you wear? Do you do the whole wedding dress and tux thing? or do you just go with a nice dress and attire?

Last edited by hummingbird_0331; 11-12-2005 at 08:57 PM.
Old 11-19-2005, 01:06 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

It is up to you how much you want to dress up, etc. We renewed our vows and my wedding dress still fit, so I did wear it but it was very hot here in September. My hubby just wore a nice suit. Now I would probably just wear a nice dress and put some small silk flowers in my hair.

I still had my bridal bouquet since since it had been made out of silk flowers , but I did not hold it. I just had it displayed and a few of the other things that I saved from the wedding. It was at my house and informal, so I mainly had punch and finger foods that a good friend had put together to look like it came from a cateror.
Old 11-19-2005, 08:00 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

yeah I have some stuff from mine too..I HAD my flowers bt they kinda fell apart...I dont know I mean I NEVER dress up and I want to but im just not sure how much,,lol

Im trying to figure out colors too

Yeah our food was all by family the first time and will be the same again!
I just want to make it kinda a big deal cuz the kids, ya know!
Old 11-19-2005, 10:20 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

I'd always wanted a big wedding, but there just wasn't enough money for one. We got married in Carson City, Nevada (3 hour drive) and our honeymoon was a 3 day weekend at home.

On our 10th anniversary we renewed our vows in church and had our big wedding. It was wonderful. I wore a white wedding dress, he wore a tux and our children were in the wedding. My dad had died so my grandfather gave me away. We had the reception at our home. He also bought me a new wedding ring set and I got him his first wedding band.

Make it a celebration that you will enjoy, big or small, fancy or simple, at church or in your home, what ever your heart desires.

Love & Prayers,
Linda
May God give you for every storm, a rainbow, for every tear, a smile, for every care, a promise, and blessing in each trial, for every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh, a sweet song, and an answer for each prayer.
~An Irish Blessing
Old 11-20-2005, 08:11 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Our first one was kinda big. We had a nice reception..Our honey moon was 1 night at a motel...lol we have NEVER done anything since then. Weve never been anywhere for vacation ro honeymoon or anniversary..lol

We had the family all make the food and cookies and such. We had a dj and photographer. It was a pretty good turnout.

This is just simple..we just want to get a big hall and have the preacher marry us there. and then get on with the reception. Nothing huge..just renew our vows and have a good time. But I AM wanting to de the hall out-just an all around LOVE/ROMANTIC scene!! I have been looking on the interent at things...and there are a about 5 ideas I have foubnd but cant seem to find more.
I dont know if its too late to do the candle thing-or if you do that only the first time around? or if its for certain religions??
But I know I want to have the tables and hall a very love/romantic setting
Old 11-20-2005, 04:10 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

It is never too late to renew vows of unity and the candles are such a pretty way to do it.

We had the best man and the matron of honor light the 2 outside candles, just seemed right to have our two best friends to be a part of the ceremony.

You have great ideas, take lots of pictures!

Love & Prayers,
Linda
May God give you for every storm, a rainbow, for every tear, a smile, for every care, a promise, and blessing in each trial, for every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh, a sweet song, and an answer for each prayer.
~An Irish Blessing
Old 11-20-2005, 07:37 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

You could put up pictures of your wedding and some of your life together as a married couple. People will love sharing your memories with you.

Check with friends and family to see if they have a picture, or a favorite story of the two of you they would like to share.

Love & Prayers,
Linda
~An Irish Blessing
Old 11-21-2005, 03:55 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Yeah, well our 2 best frinds arent really BFs anymore
There really is NO ONE that is close enuff like that so either we will have to do it or see if the kids are able to. Which would be awesome..since its us and them, ya know.
They will be our BM and MOH!!

As for the storys..and pics I will do that. I was already planning on doing a memory wall of our lifes together and then doing a video memory..its pics and music on a dvd and you watch it! Its really neat!!!!

But I never thought of asking the famil and friends to say a fave things/story of us!! THanks!

And for pics from them..im not too sure anyone has any that I dont..lol
Old 11-21-2005, 06:08 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

hey hummingbird..My daughter just got married back in May and she was at a popular vacation site on Saint Simmons Island ( ten miles from where we live) but the best deal she got was her reception at the historic court house here and very reasonably priced too..they had a beautiful court yard blooming with all kinds of flowers and greenery which was great for her pics.
Also check out these sites to learn some great tips and save money
www.fireyourweddingplanner.com
www.usabride.com
Hope these help ya...they did me we used quite a few of the ideas and learned how to find reasonably priced buildings and photographer..etc.

Old 11-21-2005, 07:39 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

THANK YOU!!! I will check it out!!

Aww that had to be beautiful..Mines in October so its not flowery and pretty!...lol