Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Relationships > Marriage & Divorce > Marriage

Marriage Marriage is a huge comittment, one that has many ups and downs. Get support and advice here.

Old 11-12-2005, 08:53 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

BAD/EMBARRESSING Marriage Memories/Mishaps?

Anyone Feel free to share any Bad. or embarressing memories here!
Old 11-20-2005, 04:54 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

We were married in 1965 & the Catholic Church was going through some changes. On the altar right after we were married we had our 1st arguement over what we should do stand or kneel. The priest just stood there & laughed. We still argue a lot but making up is still a lot of fun. I would do it again without a second thought.I Love that man.

Old 03-28-2008, 12:16 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Steve is my 2nd husband & the most wonderful man you could ask for - Right after we got married, I was trying to get him up for work & accidentally called him my 1st hub's name - needless to say, he was quite upset & hopped out of that bed & didn't speak to me for awhile that day!! We got over it & can laugh about it - NOW!!!

Old 03-28-2008, 01:06 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

On our honeymoon, we were climbing up some rocks in Gatlinburg, TN. DH went 1st & made it up & back safely. I went to go up the rocks & fell right into the stream . It was COLD TOO! My DH laughed all the way back to the car and the cars passing us on the highway got a sight. I was drenched from head to toe.
It was a long ride back to the chalet so I could change

Old 03-28-2008, 02:35 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Oh I love these kinds of stories LOL

When I arrived at the venue (outdoor wedding) after hopping out of the car car, I had to go to the loo before walking down the aisle, skirts and pettycoats everywhere, then I had to be just right walking down the aisle.
I had to repeat my vows cause no one could hear them but ds and the minister LOL

Old 03-28-2008, 04:38 PM
Four Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

When My DH and I got married we were both married before and we were married by the J.P. so about 6 years later we were married in the Church but both of us were standing on the wrong side of each other no one said any thing until after then we just laughed about it and as the Preacher said so what you still got married anyway.

Old 03-29-2008, 11:32 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Lunatic

My first husband and I were married in 1978...and I spent my wedding night cleaning vomit off my wedding outfit,thanks to my now ex-husband...it was such a fun night...
Old 03-29-2008, 11:34 AM
Four Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Sound like it

Old 03-29-2008, 01:12 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

When I married my dh, i was a nervous wreck. My parents got in an argument on the way to the church and it made me start to cry. (they were arguing about my mom's driving mostly because they were both nervous too. I get to the church and I just can't stop crying. i cried all the way down the aisle. While at the alter, I can't even look at my soon-to-be dh or I know I will start sobbing. he is now all worried thinking i don't want to get married. when it came time to say my vows, all I could do was whisper. no one heard them except the minister and my dh. Once we were pronounced husband and wife and walked back up the aisle, i was absolutely fine. When my dh teased me that maybe we weren't really married because no one heard my vows, my new father in law said he heard them - he was the minister who married us! I told dh that there was no escape!

~Mother Theresa

Old 04-01-2008, 12:24 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Lol I love these, what happened that was funny was actually the first time I met my now dh, (this is both our 2nd marraiges)
I was at my brothers visiting, and they were having the apt house they owned next door to them gutted, and having all new plumbing put in. My sil said to me you need to check out the "plumber" in the apts, he is cute. So she we made him a huge cup of coffee,in one of those plastic 20 oz mugs, and I brought it over to him(no cover on it big mistake lol), well when I went to open the door to the apt, it stuck, so I knocked, and at the same time I pushed it with my shoulder, just as he was opening the door, lol, and the coffee mug hit him, and ALL the coffee went all over him, lol!! My brother was in there, and laughed and said I see you met my sister, lol, he asked me to dinner later that day though.