Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Relationships > Marriage & Divorce > Marriage

Marriage Marriage is a huge comittment, one that has many ups and downs. Get support and advice here.

Old 07-18-2008, 10:58 AM
Five Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

OH MY GOSH I HAVE BEEN WANTING TO TELL THIS FOREVER MY HUSBAND AND I ELOPED AND GOT MARRIED WE WENT TO NC TO GET MARRIED SO LOW AND BEHOLD MY MOM HAD WENT TO TOWN AND TOOK A WARRANT OUT FOR ROD I WAS JUST 17 TO MAKE ALONG STORY SHORT WE WERE AT MY M-I-L AND THE LAWS CAME TO SEARCH FOR US AND WE HID FROM THEM SO AFTER THEY LEFT WE WAS TRYING TO FIND A PLACE TO HIDE FOR 4 WEEKS SO MOM COULDNT GET IT ANULLED WE WERE GOING TO MY COUSINS HOUSE TO SEE IF WE COULD STAY WITH HER AWHILE AND ON THE WAY WE MEET MY MOM AND DAD WELL THEY CHASED US AND WE WERE WITH MY BROTHER IN LAW SO WE GOT ENOUGH AHEAD OF THEM AND ROD AND I JUMPED OUT AT A OLD PAWN AND THEY WERE A CULVERT UNDER THE ROAD SO WE GOT IN THE COVERT MY MOM AND DADD PULLED OVER AT THIS POND AND WE COULD HERE MY MOM A CUSSING BECAUSE THEY LOST THE CAR NOW HERE I WAS A CITY GIRL UNDER THE TILE CRYING CAUSE I WAS AFRAID THAT A SNAKE OR SPIDER WAS GOING TO SWALLOW ME WHOLE. ROD PUT HIS HAND OVER MY MOUTH SO THEY COULDNT HERE ME CRYIING I WAS SO SCARED FELT LIKE BONNIE AND CLYDE FINALLY WE WENT TO MY COUSINS SLEPT ON A FOLD OUT COUCH AND ABOUT 2:OO IN THE MORNING A BLAME BLACK CAT JUMPED THEU THE WINDOW on the door where a panel was missing right in the middle of our couch bed and i squalled about like when the mississippi squreel got lose but after all of this it must have been worth it my mom liked to have never forgave me for it but we have been married 34 years sorry so long but i do live in exciting life.
Old 07-19-2008, 04:52 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Wow some very cute storys.
Mish
Old 07-19-2008, 03:38 PM
Four Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Location: We live in Northwest Mississippe, very close to Memphis TN.
I am new to this site, but been with FC for several months now. i will be married for 45 years in December. I can't top theses stories. lol

Having children is like being pecked to death
by a duck!
Old 12-29-2012, 11:39 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I was a bridesmaid in my Sister's wedding and the priest made the announcement that although the wedding is being postponed due to a license issue, the family of the Bride is still holding the reception at the Golf Course sports bar down the road...
For my wedding itself (back in January 1991), it is a tie between my Widowed Grandmother-In-Law catching the bridal bouquet, my 6 month old godson catching the garter, and my Cousin InLaw putting condoms all over my Husband's pick-up truck and my Grandmother-In-Law telling us what unique balloons were used to decorate it!
If you see someone in need of help and you can do something, then do something — that goes for people and animals. If you can help out, try. That’s what I hope people take away from this.” -Alex Scroggins

Last edited by KSJEn6891; 12-29-2012 at 11:42 AM. Reason: not comfortable with some of the acronyms
Old 05-13-2013, 05:49 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

After our wedding we had a one night stay at the Howard Johnson hotel in Los Angeles. The next morning we had a flight to Hawaii for our honeymoon!!

Well, we left Bakersfield, drove down to LA and MARK TOOK ME TO THE WRONG HOWARD JOHNSON'S!!! Imagine....him in his tux and me in my wedding dress thinking we were there at our first hotel ever for our wedding night!!!!!!!!!!! I have never let him live that down!!!!!

hugs, train:haha ha: