Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Relationships > Marriage & Divorce > Marriage

Marriage Marriage is a huge comittment, one that has many ups and downs. Get support and advice here.

Old 12-13-2004, 08:15 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

What is your favorite thing your hubby does for you?

My favorite thing he does for me is bring home a cup of coffee from QT on his way home from work in the morning. There is no better coffee than QT, not even starbucks and gloria jeans!!!
Old 12-13-2004, 10:37 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Mine has to be that he does all the grocery shopping for me including toiletries etc.
Old 12-20-2004, 09:11 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

My DH surprised me by taking a half day on Friday, we went out just the two of us. We went to the neighborhood Mexican resturant and had Margaritas. Let me correct that, I had one small one. I'm not much of a drinker, but it was nice to actually have a conversation with no children around.

I hope this is not the last time he does that.

Melly
Old 01-02-2005, 06:24 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

One of the best things my husband does for me is that he looks after things. If anything is broken, he fixes it. If there is a noise in my car or something is wrong with it, I tell him and the next day I go to get in it and is is good to go. I probably don't tell him enough how much I appreciate that.
Another thing he does, is that he affirms our daughters - tells them often that they are special and that he loves them etc. Having never had that myself growing up, I know how valuable that is....
Old 01-08-2005, 03:36 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

He bought me choc covered cherries the other day because he knows that is my favorite candy.......not that I needed it lol. He also never says anything about me being overweight which I am!! Some times in the summer he will pick my flowers when he's out fishing. One day he missed a big fish so sorry but I loved the flowers LOL He really is a sweet guy can be a pain sometimes but there isn't a doubt in my mind that he loves me. We will be married 20 years in April.

Rosey
Old 01-13-2005, 05:25 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

He charges my cell phone when I forget and I leave it in my purse.. and then puts it back in my purse.

He puts gas in my car when I run low.

He'll sometimes come back home on his way to work with coffee and the morning paper * he just did that *

He gets up really early to shovel and clean off my car.

He drives the kids to the bus stop in bad weather.

He tells me to leave groceries in the car, and he brings them in when he gets hom from work.

He carries the laundry baskets up and down the stairs.

He tells me I look pretty when we're going out somewhere, without my asking..

He always tells people what a teriffic mom and good cook he thinks I am.
He tells me he loves me every day.
Old 01-13-2005, 04:42 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Yesterday he was at goodwill and he bought me a windchime just because!!! He also tells me he loves me everyday most of the time whenever we leave the house we always kiss goodbye and say we love eachoither because you just never know....
Take care,
Rosey
Old 01-13-2005, 06:12 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

He tells people that I am the best thing that ever happen to him.
He babies me when I am sick or feeling down.
He laughs at my corny ways.
And even after a long evening at work, if I'm in the talking mood he will sit up half the night and listen to me ramble on and on.

If we are what we eat, then Im fast, easy and cheap.
Old 01-31-2005, 11:27 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Val!! You have a charmer of a hubby!!!!

Some years ago Mark started a "secret basket" for me!! I never know when I might find some presents in it!!! He puts everything from candy bars...to notepads and pens (I LOVE to write!!) to bubblebaths....music and books!!!!

I Love Mark and I love my secret basket!!!!!

hugs,train
Old 01-31-2005, 11:43 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Oh I like that idea of a basket Donna,what a sweet thing. Like your hubby Val,theres not a day that doesnt go by that Dh will tell me he loves me. Sometimes he will come home with a teddy bear he saw and thought it was cute, and surprise me with it. It doesnt even have to be an expensive one, its just the thought that makes it special. I was vaccuuming under our bed and I hit something and looked under and found a bag with Boyds Valentine bears in it!!!They are so cute I cant wait til V Day,LOL!
Another thing he does is warm up my car before he leaves, or always warms up his before we go out together. He tells me even though I'm a gramma I dont look old enough to be one! He always takes me out to eat at least once on the weekend so I dont have to cook.Always makes sure if Im going out alone that I have enough money,credit cards etc. will take my car and get gas,because he knows I hate to do that.
He always thinks of me before himself,he'd rather be with me than go out with his bowling buddies,in fact we now how husband(boyfriend) and wife(girlfriend) teams instead. I think the thing I love most is he will always listen to me and we always make decisions together.

Hugs Sandie