Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Relationships > Marriage & Divorce > Marriage

Marriage Marriage is a huge comittment, one that has many ups and downs. Get support and advice here.

Old 08-15-2004, 05:54 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

~*It's okay to fall down...it's just not okay to lie there!*~

Old 08-15-2004, 07:09 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Sometimes you gotta "kick it up a notch" Just do something out of the ordinary.. make them sit up and take notice.

Have the table set with fine china and crystal, rose pettals on the bed, the TV off and the stereo on. Dim the lights na ship the baby to to sitter...

One night of pre-married life romance... Reminisce...

Re ignight the spark..and see if he'll kindle. LOLOL..
Old 08-15-2004, 07:49 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Unfortunately I think our roomate (and dhs good friend) would notice... and that's not exactly within my comfort zone. I am afraid nothing really interesting will happen until he moves out... hopefully in Oct.

Old 08-16-2004, 05:27 AM
FamilyCorner Senior Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Funny Story!!!

I thought this would give everyone a good laugh!
Our darling little son was 3. We had purposely waited until around 2am to do any "fooling around" because he was a nightowl and we wanted to make sure he was good and alseep. As we were "having really good fun" shall I say, our bedroom door was thrown open and here enter this little naked 3 year old screaming "It's party time!!" Needless to say, there was no party!!!
My son and his wife(married just 3 months now) stayed with us when they got first married and he would come back and forth from Ft. Bragg on the weekends. My husband had to get even!! One afternoon, he knew they were up to the hanky panky and he sneaked down the hall and banged on the door and yelled "IT'S PARTY TIME!!!" Sarah died laughing!! Adam was laughing. He came out and glared at his dad. His dad looked at him and said "I've waited 20 years to get even with you for what you did to me. Now we're even!!!"

Do you understand now why I have gray hair and color it? I have lived with pranks like this from 3 of these guys for years.
Old 08-16-2004, 05:59 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

That's so funny Kelly. Sounds like my family. You have to have a sense of humor to survive around here, it also helps to be on gaurd at all times.
Old 08-16-2004, 01:58 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Stuck in a rut

We ve been married 4 yrs and have a 3yr old running about...

i cant get out of mommy mode...and dont feel like the woman i used to be..was sick for a long time and have an ugly scar that starts at my left groin area goes up wraps around and turns all the way down my back had 2 spinal surgeries 18 months ago
as a result ive lost alot of sensitivity...and even though i weighed more when he met me i feel so ugly...

yet he tells me im the most beautiful woman hes ever seen...
hes the affectionate type..im not... just feels like whenever we are together its more of something i do for him..my minds everywhere but the bedroom..and i believe if the minds not into it you wont be either...

any suggestions..
nancy
Old 08-16-2004, 05:37 PM
FamilyCorner Junkie

From one Nancy to another Nancy I know exactly how you feel. See, I have always been tiny. I mean I have never weighed more than 100 pounds in my life unless I was pregnant. Well I had gained alot of weight and I weighed 186 pounds. For me, that was devastating!!! I was ugly!! I did not want to make love. I didn't want him to see me nude. He is the affectionate type also, he is always hugging me, kissing me, telling me I'm beautiful, thanking me for cooking a meal and how delicious it was even if its only tacos, telling me I'm a great wife and mother, since we rebuilt our marriage I have not had one day go by that I have not been told I love you.
There was also the time when our son was little. I'm sorry, but sex was the furtherest thing from my mind. I was tired, cranky, didn't feel like and like you, I did it for him, just like I did when I gained all the weight.
I, don't have a large scar like you, but I had to have a pacemaker put in when I was heavy for my bladder. Well, that just made things worse for me. Now I had a scar on top of the weight.
My husband knew how I felt about the weight. It took me, looking at me in the mirror and finally seeing what he saw through HIS eyes. Not the fat, not the scar, he saw the woman he married. I think you need to really talk to your husband about this. He sounds like he would be willing to listen. Then sweetie, you have to understand, no matter what happens to your body, you, are still the same person he married. The vessel may change, but inside doesn't.
Old 08-16-2004, 06:16 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

thanks Nancy

thanks Kellydid...

Thankyou very much

Huggz
Nancy
Old 08-16-2004, 06:29 PM
FamilyCorner Junkie

If you feel the need you can send me a pm and I will send you my email address. I really don't want you to think that you are the only woman who has ever felt this way because, trust me, you are in the majority of women out there!!

If I can help just by talking, let me know. (see above)

Nancy
Old 08-16-2004, 08:18 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

The worst thing for me is when I am laying on my side and he puts his hand on my tummy... this may be TMI, but fat rolls kind of fall to the side when you lie on your side! They are GROSS! He will actually rub my bellies (yes, I typed bellie(S)) totally disgusting, and somehow he thinks it's sweet... makes me wanna puke right there! I wish I could get over it... but I would have lipo and a tummy tuck in a second, I know that no amount of exercise will get rid of the leftover pregnancy skin, and it is oh, so depressing!