Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Relationships > Marriage & Divorce > Marriage

Marriage Marriage is a huge comittment, one that has many ups and downs. Get support and advice here.

Old 06-14-2004, 08:40 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

I also was thinking about being in a sex rut. While growing up things played into who I am now as an adult. So it seems the missionary position is my safe choice. I'm working on that, even moving outside my comfor zone and doing some really neat things. I'm still trying to work my way through some things, but thank God I'm not where I was!
Old 06-15-2004, 03:36 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Talking and touching ( just the normal everyday sort) helps alot in any relationship. Holding hands on the couch brings you together after a day apart. My partner and I are really into PDA and we dont care what others think. We hold hands even sitting on the couch watching tv and we also talk to each other about everything and anything.......we can talk about total crap but we are talking and it is fun

Love conquers all...even snoring

Man can not live by chocolate alone...but woman can
Old 06-15-2004, 04:38 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Thanks for sharing this i will put it to good use!!
Old 06-16-2004, 09:20 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

DH and I went on a hot date last night to the 50 cents movie theatre!!! LOL!!! We saw "Fifty First Dates!!" Tuesday night is 5o cents nights at our theatre!!
Now that we are temporarally down to one paycheck we have to watch our money but having worked the graveyard shift for the past year and a half it is nice to just be home together. I am enjoying this time while it lasts because I know I will be back to work fairly soon. Hopefully a more decent schedule though!!!

We have had dinner together for the last 3 weeks I have been at home. I know that does not sound like much but we never had our meals together while working opposite schedules...........or just sitting in the living room together at night. We take those little things for granted!! Just being together has been nice!!

BJ..your saying of "I am trying to work through some things but atleast I am not where I was!! OH Boy, can I relate!!! Hang in there, girlfriend and we are ALL here to talk anytime you want!!!

I want to welcome you to the Family Corner!!! This is my favorite place on the web and I have been here 2 years in July!!! Believe me, you will make lifetime friends here! I have and I have never even MET any of these women!! Sometimes it is easier to speak our hearts here rather than in person. You know you are going to get their full attention and care when they reply!! THAT feels good!!
There are so many interesting topics of conversation going on!! Just jump right in wherever you are interested!!
Sending you hugs from Bakersfield to Chatanooga!!!
I am the Trainlady!! Welcome Aboard!!

And Raewyng...........A big welcome to you too!! It is refreshing to get a young ladies thoughts and inspirations!! OH, to be young again!! Not that I am ancient or anything!!! LOL!!!
How did you meet your fiance? Are you a student?
Your user name is interesting!! How did you choose it? I chose the trainlady because of my love of riding Amtrak trains!! I have been riding over 20 years and have over 100,000 miles!!!!

peace,train
Old 07-10-2004, 10:26 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Well, I guess I'm in the minority here, but after 12 years of marriage, my husband and I still can't keep our hands off each other! Although, it hasn't always been that way... we've had our problems but he quit drinking 4 years ago and we really started communicating better. I now have so much respect for him because of the changes he's made, I can't help but be attracted to him We have 3 young kids at home, but we always make sure we have time to ourselves,whether it be a date night or just putting the kids to bed a little early so we can have some time alone... it's worth it, our marriage is better than ever

Keep your words soft and tender as you may have to eat them tomorrow!
Old 07-10-2004, 10:43 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Ok ladies...
This is a serious but rather personal question...particularly for those ladies in their 40's and up

Did your beloved hubby's or well do men go through a time in their mid to late 30's where they just aren't really active?

I realize stress is a factor as is lack of sleep... but I am beginning to wonder if it is just me.

I can go to bed in the buff ( I know I know T.M.I) and my hubby will hold me and that is is far as things go.
When I am fortunate enough to be made love too... it is over so quickly.

I know there is no one else... heck he is always home

Any thoughts?

Admit your mistakes so that NO ONE else can exaggerate them
You can NOT amputate your HISTORY from your DESTINY~ Beth Moore
Old 07-11-2004, 02:13 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Cathy,

Stress is a huge factor...

There can be so much going on in a man's life during this time. Family, career, aging, his view of his place in the owrld.. Mid-life crisis strikes men at any time when we least expect it, and in many ways.

I kinow my Dh went through it. But we're past it now.

For him it was depression over what was going on in his family and job

Look at his life from his perspective, and talk to him.
Old 07-11-2004, 03:27 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Thank you for the encouragement.
He means so much to me, but I have really started to allow myself to have a "pity party" and get angry.

I just feel like I always have to plan any romance.

I will take your advice!
Thanks again!

Old 07-14-2004, 04:48 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Just last night, our marriage counsellor told us that we are unusual for American couples married as lomg as we are. We happen to be lucky.

She said that most couples in our demographic have almost no sex at all. She said that it is one of the major complaints in her office... and a lot of the complaining comes from the wives.

Worrking couples with kids fare the worst., acording to her. It takes communication and small steps to get what you want out of your marital sexual affair. A creative commitment to please each other and respect for the differences in your desires is the key to the fix.

That's my "advice from the expert" lolol.. It only cost me a $15 co-pay. ( I don't think the insurance company will mind me sharing their suppoert) ... I told her "friends" were talking, and I wanted to pass on the information.

Val
Old 07-14-2004, 08:39 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Hi Val ...

Thanks for the expert advice. BTW I won't tell your insurance company if you won't
At least now I feel more "normal" ... what ever "normal" is.
I think it is a setting on the washing machine???