Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Old 09-18-2002, 05:36 AM
FamilyCorner Junkie

Okay--I'll admit it! Not only do all the heads have to face up, and the bills in denomination order, I always put the bills in numerical order as well! Drives dh crazy!! I also have to have the bills unfolded--not even the corner--dh thinks I should just iron them. As far as change goes--I try to empty my change purse every night or so--I carry a small purse and try to not carry anything I don't need. I keep $1.50 in assorted coins(emergency calls, or a slurpee for ds, etc).
Old 10-03-2002, 12:58 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Well, I have a wallet but my $$ rarely goes in it (it's a tad shy of being wide enuf for bills to fit in perfectly). I have a small clear zipper coin purse that I usually put it in. I have to have it all face up, turned all the same direction and put in order as well. I fold it in half to fit in my coin purse and the larger bills have to be in the center and one dollar bills on the outside. I think that's because I don't want someone to think I am carrying around a wad of large bills. Hubby keeps all of his money in turned and faced the same way in his wallet/billfold.
Old 10-28-2002, 05:06 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I know I'm late posting here but I just had to toss my 2 cents in. I am AWFUL about tossing my money, bills as well as change, into my purse. However I AM concerned about money so agree with Shawn completely. I'm just usually in such a hurry and don't carry a wallet. I've had the same leather wallet for 20 years and it's not big enough to put bills in without folding them. takes too long. The upside to this is I sometimes feel as if I carry Mary Poppins' purse. I have been known to reach in and start pulling out bills I didn't even realize were there! I once cleaned out a purse that I hadn't carried in 3 or 4 months and found two $20 bills inside a bank envelope. I excitedly held them up to show my husband and kids who were all in the kitchen on the other side of the breakfast bar where I was sitting when dh in a flash reached over and snatched them out of my hand! I didn't mind--he's the money manager of the family. I would have just spent it counting it as found money.

Jayne

Editor of FREE Penny Pincher freebie newsletter:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LOLPennyPincher/

Subscribe: [email protected]

Special Member of the Family
Become an Honorary Member

Old 04-16-2003, 06:18 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

I, too, have to have all the bills facing the same way and in denomination order from small to large. Also I hate carrying change, so that gets put in a jar.

Sandy
Old 04-28-2003, 09:52 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

I'm late "cashing" in on this as well. I have to have it in amount order, 20's, 10's, 5's and singles trailing last, the faces of our dear long gone Presidents facing me, folded just once in my small wallet. My change gets dumped in my pockets or coat pocket and every night the change gets put into two jars, one for pennies, the other for silver. I hate, hate, HATE it when the pennies get in with the silver! The silver, nickels, dimes, quarters are used for milk or lunch money and during summer break, when the kids aren't in school, it gets brought to the bank and put in savings after the jar gets half full!

Lisa
Old 05-02-2003, 12:31 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Hey, I'm Canadian!! All of our money is funny looking!!! Our $1 &$2 are coins and after a while they get heavy. I carry a Loonie and Toonie Holder that can carry up to 8 coins neatly. I have one each for $2's, $1's and Quarters. the rest of my coins go into a jar for vacations.
Old 11-25-2010, 09:06 PM
Assistant Moderator

We only have $100, $50, $20, $10 and $5 notes the rest, $2, $1 coins along with 50, 20, 10 and 5 being cents. All notes are different colours.
In my purse I have the $5 and $10 in the front slot and $20 and $50 in the back slot, I don't care if they are all facing the same way or not.
Change goes int eh zippered part but when I get a lot of $1 or $2 coins I tend to put them in a jar for when I'm running really low on cash to use.
I keep $10 in the car console for that time I don't take my purse and I want decide I need to buy eggs at the farm I didn't think I'd pass or milk or bread.

Old 11-27-2010, 07:43 AM
Assistant Moderator

I used to be a bank teller years ago so always "face" my money as they say (all my money has to be in the same direction and in order of amount)

another little quirk of mine is a hide money around the house in different places for different things. In my tea cannister in the kitchen, underneath the tea I hide dollar bills until I get enough so I can occasionally order pizzas for dinner. In the bathroom, behind all the cosmetics, soaps, shampoos etc. I have a cannister that I hide any extra money I might make (an extra dc kid for a day etc.) so it is like a secret stash of money I can play with (like an occasional movie or date out with dh) but I never seem to use that money often because I also think of it as emergency money that might come in handy. I also save all my change (probably have close to $300 in change) that I just never take to the bank like I should or exchange it for paper money. Wow, I guess I have some wierd money habits.

[CENTER]~Mother Theresa
Old 11-27-2010, 04:07 PM
Assistant Moderator

Oh no Sammy you're rich .... ok and a little weird LOL
I must say that I keep a $20 in my purse tucked in behind my
licence for the "just in case I'm caught with nothing" moment!

Old 11-29-2010, 05:36 PM
Nine Year Member

All my money is facing the same way too and in numerical order from smallest to the largest amount. Coins at the end of the day, go in our money jug. (5 gallon water jug). Once it gets to the top, we cash in and take a vacation. It does take awhile, but 12 years ago, it gave me $500 extra to put down on my house, plus moving expenses.