Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Old 06-04-2002, 08:08 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Question Double coupon stores?

Does anyone know of any stores in the Ft Myers, FL or the SW FL area that doubles coupons?

Old 06-04-2002, 12:55 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

I think Krogers has only made it as far south as VA. They double up to and including .50 Sorry
Old 06-06-2002, 10:05 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

sw fl double coupons

I too looked for double coupons in Port Charlotte and Punta Gorda. There doesnt seem to be anyone doing it anymore. But I signed up for Winndixie reward card and saved almost 300.00 in 2 months. .This week they have buy 1 get 2 free. the signup is free.It only takes a minute and you can use coupons at the same time. 2 weeks ago I got 385.00 groceries for252.00. That helped me stock up for hurricane season.
Old 06-06-2002, 10:23 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Oh Yeah!!!

Hey!, Finally someone from my neck of the woods. Just moved down here from Englewood.
Was at Winn D. today, and stocked up on some stuff! Bounty towels, B1G2Free....had coupons on them too! Got 3 rolls for $1.04...& International Delight Creamer on sale for .99...have 40 cent coupons, so they are .59! Bought 8...so far!
Yippee!!!

Old 06-07-2002, 05:26 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I'm from Cape Coral, too. Thanks for the info. I'm perusing their ad and checking my coupons. Wish there was someplace that offered double coupons, too. I miss that from "up north"
Old 06-07-2002, 09:32 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

I'm in FL also. When we first moved here (1989), Kasn nKarry and Gooding's both doubled coupons, but they stopped some time back, and I don't know anyone else still doing it. The Winn-Dixie card that just came out recently is just excellent and well worth using. It's free to apply. Each month, they have a different awards program. The first money, if you spent $200, you got a free Cure 81 ham or Butterball turkey breast. Second month, if you spent $200, you got a 10% off shopping spree, if you spent $300, you got 15% off, if you spent $400, you got 20% off. Plus each week, there are specials that are for cardholders only, and most of those are exceptional deals, plus you can apply coupons. For instance, they have BOGOfree on stuff, and will take two coupons. Winn-Dixie is one of the lower-priced supermarkets anyway. I find their quality ranges widely from store to store, find one that has a lot of traffic and turnover of mdse, you get fresher perishables that way. Food Lion in FL is normally the cheapest, but I don't find their meats and dairy to be fresh.

If you have a SuperWalMart near you, they honor all other stores' advertised prices and they even post the flyers right there in the store. So if Food Lion has a great deal on cauliflower and Publix has a great deal on cheese and Winn-Dixie has a great deal on chicken and Albertson's has steaks, you can get SWM will match their prices.

Rani
Old 06-07-2002, 09:44 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I've got my WDixie card, Kash & Karry card, UPromise acct., and do the Eckerd & Walgreen all-in-ones. Use coupons, shop @ thrifts, frequent Dollar Tree, buy in bulk, on clearance, and stockpile!
Still wish someone down here would double...I know I'd drive up to 50 miles to go to them.

Old 06-20-2002, 05:26 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

I'm not from FL but I got really excited yesterday a store in my area regularly offers double cupons up to & including .50, but I went through the sale papers yesterday and found a store offering $1.00 double cupons and another offering $1.25! Needless to say I went right for the cupon box! LOL!
Old 10-08-2002, 11:01 AM

double coupons

Here in Ohio they double all coupons up to .50 cents=1.00 etc. I don't understand why everyone doesn't do that-we have had it this way since 1980. All of you should write your local stores corp. office and ask for it, tell them who ever does it first will get all of your business. Pressure from the customer really does work and they won't offer if you don't ask. I wish you all the best of luck in getting this in.

Anna
Old 10-09-2002, 04:49 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Here in Arizona they double coupons all over except for ALBERTSON'S. FRY'S(who has been bought out by KROGER'S) has even tripled coupons sometimes. Just a tip>>> If the coupons are really good in the Sunday paper, and ones I use alot, I will pick up a couple extra papers, just for the coupons.
How does everyone file their coupons? I use a recipe box (the big one) and have dividers, with different colors at the top. Each item has it's own home, example Aspirins, Baking, Butter, etc. etc.
Works pretty good, but always looking for new ways. (Hope this makes sense, as I am terrible at explaining things. I keep a rubber band around it, and then as I pull the coupons at the store, I place them in the lid of the box behind the rubber band.

Wouldn't it be nice if everyone just lowered their prices and did away with coupons. Look at all the extra time we would have, and think how fast we could get in and out of the store.