Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 4.50 average.
Old 08-25-2002, 09:57 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Test drives are fun. Right now the Kia dealers are giving away a certificate for a free vhs or dvd of Lord of the Rings. All you have to do is go to your local Kia dealer. Tell them you want to do the Lord of the Rings test drive. My dealer said is it ok of I just give you the certificate??? I said of course it is. No test drive needed! Then I came home and called the 800 number on the certificate and answered the automated questions. I received my dvd yesterday - just like the one you buy in the store, 2 dvd set. Took less than two weeks.

You can also go to www.teenfreeway.com. Check the menu on the left side. They have tons of freebies, including test drive information. Let me know what you think!!!

I do nesteggz too. I just wish they would change the coupons. The items they have now are just not things a buy very often, so I've only accumulated $9 so far.

I emailed Carol and I'm waiting for a reply. Thanks for the info.
Katie
Old 08-25-2002, 10:05 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Oops, forgot to tell you about the survey sites. If you will give me your email addy I can have invitations sent to you. You can email me at [email protected].

Katie
Old 08-25-2002, 02:52 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I signed up for the newsletter at the KRAFT site and they send me great recipes all the time. I don't know about coupons but recently they sent me (via snail mail) a beautiful cookbook full of fall recipe and entertaining ideas (FREE)!
Old 08-26-2002, 04:24 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

I joined at Kraft, too. I enjoy getting recipes as well as coupons. I got the recipe book from Jiffy and one from Driscoll's berries that included a $2 coupon. The Home Solutions newsletter has a $2.50 coupon for Lysol spray to print. They have two contests to enter as well. www.homesolutionsnews.com.

Enjoy!!
Old 08-27-2002, 09:03 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

These are great ideas. I just tried the coolsavings link they e-mailed me and it's a bad link! How frustrating. ;-)

Katydid, your survey things sound really interesting, I'm going to e-mail you, hope it's OK

samanthaj- that coupon swap sounds great too...is there a minimum of how many coupons you need to contribute? I have a bunch from this Sunday I'm prepared to mail away!

I'm ready to e-mail your friend NOW.

I'm so glad I found this thread!!

Val

Old 08-27-2002, 09:41 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

lifestar- There are no minimum of coupons that I know of that you have to send. I have alot from the Sunday paper also. I have my family also save me their coupons from papers also. I just cut out what I don't use & send. The only thing they do ask is for you to send 2 stamps along with your "want list" of coupons you would like to recieve. You will get your money back in the savings of the stamps & then more. I do. I think Carol (the founder) said their are about 64 members.. Its fun.

Katie- Thanks for the info you sent. I have been busy with those links. Do you get survies sent often? How long before I can accumilate enough for cash? Did you get an email back from Carol?
-samanthaj
Old 08-27-2002, 12:54 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Haven't heard from Carol yet. Anxious to get started tho. Please feel free to give her my email if she gets in touch with you.

Usually a couple of months to start realizing benefits with the points and such. Worth it tho.

Katie
Old 08-27-2002, 01:05 PM
The Original Coupon Queen
FamilyCorner Fanatic

chuckle information concerning "Coupon~Aholic's" Swap Club ~ 2002...

Hello to all.... I know some of you, but after reading all these posts, I hope to know all of you. I am the founder and administrator of this Swap Club. I think it would be much easier for all that may be interested in becoming a member, if I just give details as to how this club is worked. Then, if you are still interested in joining, you're more than welcome to do so. Yes, Samanthaj, we are 64 members now.

First, you would send to me ~the base~ ALL your unwanted coupons, along with 2 ~ .37 stamps. I am supplying the envelopes. I find this to be a much better way of doing things. At times I would be receiving sealed envelopes through the mail, and it was becoming a mess.
You would email to me your mailing address, along with your "want~wish" list of coupons. I find it much better if you tell me the name brands that you prefer, and then if you'll accept anything other than that name brand. Plus "any" coupons, that you really don't have a preference for. List any and all, because it gives me much more to choose from and send to you. You benefit from this. There are some times that I may be a bit delinquent in returning to you your coupons ~ but that is when I get a heavy overload of requests at the same time. Please be patient with me. I am the sole person for all the accepting and remitting. I'm still in the process of re~doing all my files, and bettering everything. So far, things have been going pretty smoothly. Have had no complaints....but, if there are any questions, etc., please don't hesitate to say something to me. I began this club, because while I was raising my three children, without any child support, or outside help, I quickly learned the value of manufacturer's coupons. To this day, after my three have had their families, I still "coupon" and "stockpile". I have a pantry that is constantly rotated, and over brimming with stock. I thought a "club" would be of benefit to anyone that is interested in saving.

On that "note", I"ll take leave. If any of you are interested in joining, please email me.

My last "note", is that after your joining of this club, and "if" you are pleased with it, please make a post and THANK AMANDA. For, if it weren't for her, I wouldn't be able to make people happy!!

TTFN ~ ~

Carol Ann
autumnmum 2002
"Coupon~Aholic's"
Swap Club ~ 2002
[email protected]
Old 08-27-2002, 01:12 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Hi Carol, I'm in. Email on the way with my info, then I'll send you the coupons and stamps by the end of the week. That ok??? I've got some great baby formula coupons to share. Thanks for the info.

Katie
Old 08-27-2002, 01:54 PM
The Original Coupon Queen
FamilyCorner Fanatic

chuckle "Coupon~Aholic's"....

This is a note for Dawny75, Hope you found your way here, and read the info concerning the club.

Katie, Take your time with your list. Glad to have you join!

Hope there will be others also. TTFN ~ ~

Carol Ann
autumnmum 2002
"Coupon~Aholic's"
Swap Club ~ 2002
[email protected]