Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 4.50 average.
Old 08-24-2002, 06:04 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Heck, I'm always interested in saving money. I've never done the coupon swapping, but I have always shared with people I know. What kind of info do you have??

Katie
Old 08-24-2002, 06:09 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

http://www.freesamplesite.com/ydf/fo...php?forumid=41

This is a forum devoted to coupon trains! you can go to the main page and see their coupon section as well. It is a very reliable source as well as independently owned. They would love you to participate!
Old 08-24-2002, 06:15 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

ok, I checked out the site, but I have to say, it seems kinda complex. How do you get started??
Old 08-24-2002, 07:45 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

The club is great!

The way things work is I gather ALL my coupons together & whichever ones that I do not use I send to her. I also sent her a list of the types of coupons that I use, brands etc. Other members do this as well & then coupons are swapped & she sends back coupons to me. I get unwanted coupons from family members & friends that they do not use from thier paper & send them also. The only cost is a stamp & you get that back & more with the savings of the coupons!!! Let me know if ya join!
-samanthaj
Old 08-24-2002, 08:28 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Ok, sorry, I didn't mean to sound like an idiot. I didn't get to finish my post. Got an emergency call and had to run out. I am interested in joining, Samantha. Do I just send an email to [email protected] and say I want to join??

Let me know.

Katie
Old 08-24-2002, 08:40 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Yes. Let me know how things go. I really hope you like it & saves you some money too. If you join -I guess we'll both be swapping coupons!
samanthaj
Old 08-24-2002, 09:00 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

I'll send the email now. Thanks for the info. I hope you decide to check out the freelance site. I think you'll love it. I have saved a ton of money since I signed up. There is a lot of info on buying online, which I do sometimes, but I am mainly interested in saving money on the items I have to have to run my household. I love getting the free samples, like the full size Wizard plug in air freshener, Thermal Wrap hair conditioner, full size bottle of hair spray (salon type), full size bottle of shampoo, just to name a few.

I also have signed up to do surveys and have been paid to use laundry detergent ($10), cotton beauty squares ($35) and earned points that I cashed in for gift certificates ($75 so far). Sometimes you just earn an entry into a drawing, but I won $120 last month for that

This site also keeps you informed on test drive offers. Ever done one?? Wow, I've gotten a $25 Disney gc, $25 from Target, a great backpack from Jeep, $25 from Bed, Bath & Beyond and I'm waiting for $15 in gas and also a free Lord of the Rings DVD.

I'm off to email Carol. Thanks for the info.

Katie
Old 08-24-2002, 09:42 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Couple of thoughts...

You can try www.smartsource.com which has many of the same coupons the mailers do. Also, if you like specific brands, definitely try their individual sites (like, say you like Kraft Mac N Cheese....you can go to www.kraft.com and see what they have available). A lot of times, the brand sites will have coupons available either to print or receive via mail. And heck, it doesn't hurt to ask either. I read a small newspaper article recently about a great new kitty litter, but it wasn't available in our area. I found the manufacturer's website, used their "comment" form and asked for a coupon and where I could find it in my area. They sent me a coupon for a free bag and told me where to get it!! Good luck to you!

- Henry Rowland
Old 08-25-2002, 06:21 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

coupons

I like NestEggz
It's at www.nesteggz.com
You can print out the coupons to use at the stores to regularly shop at. They have an added benefit if you choose it when you register your account....and that is Account Credit...here's how it works...
When you use Account Credit Coupons your cash savings are deposited into your online NestEggz savings account. You will earn interest on your savings and may withdraw your cash at any time. In addition, each Account Credit Coupon earns you a 10¢ bonus at the register.
So you save money at the register as well as build a saving account!
Granted it's just a small amount at a time, but if you use coupons on a regular basis it can really add up!
Hope this helps some of you!!
Have a wonderful day!!
jdd
Old 08-25-2002, 09:11 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Katie-
I would like to do those "surveys" that you mentioned. I like the sound of the benefits! Any idea how I can join that? My mom does some type of "home testing" she has fun with that & gets lots of free stuff. No, I have never heard of a "test drive".. I am going to try to check out the freelance site. Gotta go- go go