FamilyCorner.com Forums

FamilyCorner.com Forums (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/)
-   Making Cents (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/making-cents/)
-   -   Tax free shopping weekends (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/making-cents/26007-tax-free-shopping-weekends.html)

ajrsmom 08-12-2009 08:25 PM

Tax free shopping weekends

TAX FREE SHOPPING WEEKENDS - DID YOU TAKE ADVANTAGE OF IT OR WILL YOU BE TAKING ADVANTAGE OF IT?

Tax free weekend is an annual sales tax holiday offered in many states throughout the US.

:walllll: Did you take advantage of the tax free weekend in your area? :cooll:

:daydream: If your weekend hasn't come up yet, do you have plans on purchasing items specifically during this time to save money? :2cents:

Click here to see if your state is participating.

Pag36 08-12-2009 08:37 PM

Tami ours was this past weekend and Stacie and I were out on Friday and Gina and I were out both Sat & Sun. So took advantage of it for sure. Were any school supplies in on your no tax or just clothes? Love these weekends

ajrsmom 08-12-2009 08:43 PM

Yep, school supplies, clothes, computers and certain other items were on sale here tax free last weekend.

We actually bought very little that qualified. I had already purchased 90% of my kids' school clothes, shoes...etc. I was going to buy school supplies but we didn't get an updated list until this past Monday. We'd already bought lunch boxes and back packs, too. Oh well, gotta have them either way.

We didn't have any plans for buying anything big. I sure do wish that I could've afforded a laptop. (One can dream, right?).

It was CRAZY busy in the stores!!!

Bilby 08-12-2009 11:28 PM

Nope sorry couldn't get there in time LOL
That sounds like a good idea though

CalGalInFla 08-13-2009 05:19 AM

Here I am with my dunce cap on again! What is this???

J~

Minny 08-13-2009 05:39 AM

I never heard of it either Jodi. Didn't know there was such a thing, but of course I don't watch that much TV so I hadn't heard of it.

Pag36 08-13-2009 07:32 AM

It is a blessing especially if you have more than one child to buy for.
This is my 3rd year doing it. Gina bought far more than I did of course. But I picked up few items he needed that were not on the tax free list.
Minny it is in the newspaper too as well as TV and word of mouth lol that goes quicker than the other too.And Jodi you are not a dunce so get the hat off it covers up your pretty hair.

Minny 08-13-2009 09:46 AM

I found this on About.com
Unfortunately, the state of Florida will not be offering its usual sales tax free week during 2009. In the past, the sales tax holiday was voted upon in the state legislature, but the measure was not brought up for a vote this year. Should the state of Florida decide to offer a sales tax free week again in 2010, this site will be updated to include those dates.

BuddyBeanieBaby 08-13-2009 11:19 AM

Not available here...

Smiles & Hugs...

HAPPY6 08-13-2009 11:36 AM

I have heard of it but not in my area.