Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

View Poll Results: Do you clip coupons, send in rebates and use store discount cards?
I use coupons 15 41.67%
I send in rebates 6 16.67%
I use store discount cards 13 36.11%
I use other ways 2 5.56%
I use all of these 17 47.22%
No, I don't use any of these 2 5.56%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-05-2009, 04:07 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

If rebates come with what ever we need - then Yes, we use them. Mainly though I am using coupons - the stores, coupons in the mail, clip-and-sav coupons from web sites (Mypoints.com), member discount cards, and gift cards. Some places you can earn enough points/credits for certain types of gift cards.
I know it sounds cheesy when people give people gift cards for occasions, but man some days these are the greatest cheesy gifts I can receive. Just last month I redeemed credit points from one of my credit cards to give a "credit" gift card to someone else for their graduation, and received 2 $15 FTD gift cards in return (they expire 12/2009 and can't be used with any other "offers") - I can send gifts for birthdays, fathers day,etc from FTD... talk a bout a gift that keeps on giving! All of these things help me keep a little extra mulla in the ole bank book (and my budget).
If you see someone in need of help and you can do something, then do something — that goes for people and animals. If you can help out, try. That’s what I hope people take away from this.” -Alex Scroggins
Old 06-05-2009, 08:10 PM
Four Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I use all of the above and also when I shop I always use price matches...
Old 06-06-2009, 03:17 AM
Three Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

I use store discount cards and rebates more faithfully than coupons. I either forget to take them with me, or find that the store brand ends up cheaper. Most of our local stores won't accept coupons printed off the net, so I am really limited to those in the Sunday paper.
Old 06-06-2009, 07:09 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

I like getting gift cards have one in my purse now and still have little bit left on another one. I use coupons all the time and agree that sometimes store brand is still cheaper. But I am brand loyal to some things so happy to find coupons for them.
Thanks Norma for heads up on how many inserts tomorrow.
Old 06-06-2009, 06:25 PM
Nine Year Member

Store discount coupons for me are the best deal for groceries and meats on sale.

Do cut coupons even though we don't get double here.

Do give gift cards to special people that have helped me out when I needed them especially when DH had surgeries. They didn't expect it but they enjoyed getting it.

Comparison shopping save the most.
_______
Sueanne

Old 06-06-2009, 06:48 PM
Four Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I mostly use restaurant coupons and store discount cards. Some times I use a coupon if it is for something I usually buy. I get bargain coupons and free items sometimes some times when I order off the internet. I also compare prices.