Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

View Poll Results: Do you clip coupons, send in rebates and use store discount cards?
I use coupons 15 41.67%
I send in rebates 6 16.67%
I use store discount cards 13 36.11%
I use other ways 2 5.56%
I use all of these 17 47.22%
No, I don't use any of these 2 5.56%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-28-2009, 11:01 AM
Four Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Do You Use Coupons.

I too save any way I can. Dairy
Queen has punch tickets I use regularly. CVS has reward bucks coupons with every purchase and I wait sometimes until they build up and get nice things for maybe $2 or even free. Store coupons I use when I have one for something I like. Rebates when I can get them. Resturant coupons are always nice to have in the car. And I am a bargain hunter and internet comparison shopper.
shirl43
Old 03-29-2009, 11:44 AM

Good afternoon all!!

I use all the methods for savings. I use the store cards for initial savings, combine that with sale prices and coupons for more savings. Sometimes there will be rebates for even small items (like a new shampoo), as well as larger ticket items (like roaster pans at Bed, Bath and Beyond), or electronics (new phones, mp3 players and Ipods). I make sure that I come home and do the rebates as soon as everything else is put away. And put a stamp on the envie right away too. Once you put a stamp on an envie, your chances of putting it in the mail are so much greater.

Sometimes you can even get premiums with a portion of a container, and a dated cash register receipt. I have received everything from sweatshirts with the dove logo, to coupons for Ragu spaghetti sauce (send in 3 labels, get a coupon for a free jar). My favorite premium was a "Stuffed Nose" from Scotties tissues. My sister got it for me in 1989, and I still have it.

Better go for now.

Take care all!! Norma
Old 03-29-2009, 03:03 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

I just started clipping out of the 2 inserts I got in today's paper.Oh thanks for the envie of coupons Norma
Old 03-30-2009, 05:18 AM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

I have sent in 3 rebates, 2 of which were $150! Either the company did not respond at all, or wouldn't give me the rebate for one excuse or another. I bought the product for the sole reason that they offered a rebate. In the future, if it doesn't have an instant rebate or on sale, I just won't buy it.
Old 03-31-2009, 04:36 AM

DeBora

I would call the company corporate office and if you can't get any satisfation call your local Better Business Bureau and let them try to resolve it, also contact the Attorney Generals Office and file a complaint, that is alot of money!

I use coupons and rebates if I can, rarely do we have rebates in our area for anything or if it does, you have to buy gobs of the product.

Anna
Old 03-31-2009, 05:10 AM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSI
DeBora

I would call the company corporate office and if you can't get any satisfation call your local Better Business Bureau and let them try to resolve it, also contact the Attorney Generals Office and file a complaint, that is alot of money!

I use coupons and rebates if I can, rarely do we have rebates in our area for anything or if it does, you have to buy gobs of the product.

Anna
The problem is that, especially this semester, I meet myself coming and going, I am already in the process of doing these very things concerning the contractor that partially destroyed our home or didn't finish the job in which we hired him for (another company wants to go to court with us) and I just don't have time to fit anything else in.

One of the rebates that I recently got (December) was for the Blackberry that I bought. It advertised for $150 rebate online if I bought the phone. My DH's phone came with an instant rebate. I recently got a notice that I did not qualify for the rebate!!!! The rebate stated that I would get $150 once I sent it in with proof that I paid the amount stated for the phone. I have decided that when this Blackberry dies (this has happened 2 times with Blackberry) I will probably see what other smart phones are out there that I can sync with my Google calendar, set reminders from my calendar, and so on. The other rebates that I had included one from McAfee. I never heard from them at all. That is when I started looking for a free anti-virus and have been happy ever since. I seem to get more out of the free stuff than the high-dollar stuff that include many promises!
Old 03-31-2009, 05:50 AM

Debora

Perhaps in between classes you could either type (laptop) or write out a letter explaining the issue and mail it, saving a copy. Give it a month, no reply send a copy of the letter to the BBB and Atty. General.

Anna
Old 03-31-2009, 06:47 AM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSI
Debora

Perhaps in between classes you could either type (laptop) or write out a letter explaining the issue and mail it, saving a copy. Give it a month, no reply send a copy of the letter to the BBB and Atty. General.

Anna
Anna, that is the problem, I have no time in between classes. My schedule is so tight this semester. I just got off the phone with DH to push him to get the estimate for the house so we can take that contractor to court along with another company. Once we get that I can also call the Attorney General. I am at work right now and am gathering information for clients and have a few minutes before I have to leave to film a class. When my time becomes more valuable than money, that's when I stop dealing with these companies that give promises IF and start looking for companies who can give me an instant savings. I have already lost my receipt for the phone back in December, when I sent in the rebate and the company sent me an email stating that they were processing my rebate. It just really gripes me.

Well, back to work. Trying to multitask here. I was up until well after 1am doing homework as I knew I wouldn't have time to do it today.
Old 04-01-2009, 07:00 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I use coupons, and all the other stuff, but what saves me a lot of money are the adds. Kroger, Schnucks, SuperLowFoods and a neighborhood store Cooper's.
When I get the adds I plan my menu around what is on sale. When they have frozen veggies 10 for $10.00 I stock up on an assortment. When they have Turkeys, hams, etc. I do the same and freeze them wrapped in paper bags to prevent freezer burn. I bought my turkey and ham for Easter last Fall when prices were cheaper (39 cents lb for turkeys with store card). Hams or pork loin should go on sale for Easter. If the pork loin doesn't I'll buy a whole one at Sam's Club and cut, wrap and seal in 4 to 6 packages. One whole pork loin makes that many meals for us.
I have a Seal A Meal, and it's worth every penny paid for it! Leftovers can be saved and frozen till needed. I've even made my own version of a TV dinner! If I don't feel like cooking I can just pull one out and "nuc." in the mirowave. Less waste saves money!

Vivian
Old 04-09-2009, 07:07 PM
Two Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

I use coupons and instore ads. I just started sticking to a menu at the beginning of the month. Saved quite a bit right this way. I had a habit of shopping at aldi's at the begining of the month and ended up not enough of this and too much of that. So we got on line and started looking for quick and easy recipes. So far everyone we have done every has loved it.

Thanks Vrsherrn on the tip on microwaving the seal a meal. I just bought one a few weeks ago and having a ball with it. I took our extra fresh carrots and celery, chopped them and steam a bit and put away in a bag. Came in handy to throw in to a dinner of Biscuits and chicken. I bought a lot of chicken thighs and leg, boiled them up and took the skin and bones and divided those up into the seal a meal bags. Sure is saving me quite a bit of trips to the grocer store.