FamilyCorner.com Forums

FamilyCorner.com Forums (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/)
-   Making Cents (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/making-cents/)
-   -   Do you have a piggy bank or change jar? Are you saving for some special reason? (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/making-cents/15723-do-you-have-piggy-bank-change-jar-you-saving-some-special-reason.html)

ajrsmom 10-28-2005 05:45 PM

Do you have a piggy bank or change jar? Are you saving for some special reason?

:daisy: Do you own a piggy bank or change jar?

barbszy 10-30-2005 09:13 AM

We have a change jar, but the kids keep raiding it so they can buy a snack after lunch at school :goof: I should really hide it better!

We also have several containers/jars full of pennies. Our bank has a free coin sorting machine so we should probably take advantage of it and get rid of all the pennies.

Pag36 11-03-2005 09:39 PM

I have several banks, some have only quarters or dimes etc. I save the quarters of the years of birth for all my children and grands. I did not start this untill after you could not find quarters of my older 3 children so I have substituted other years of importance to them. No matter how bad things get (and they do) I never spend any of their money. I also save all the state quarters for the grands etc.
I love banks and have several FROG ones too

imabusy 11-04-2005 03:45 AM

Piggy bank money

Right now we are saving for a sleepover. My daughter is in a wheelchair and our house isn't big enough to host her friends (who are also in wheelchairs) coming over so we are renting a couple rooms at a local hotel and spending the night. We will go swimming, go out to dinner and then go back to the hotel for girly things...like doing our nails. I am also saving to make gift bags so we can have them on the beds before we get there.

Most of the time we save our change for vacation though.

Debbie

RobertaD 11-04-2005 04:20 AM

DH saves the coins in his pockets everyday and then once a month it gets deposited into the kids savings accounts.

Roberta

lrivetz 11-04-2005 05:04 AM

I have lots of bank container. I have them around the house because most of the time I would find money in my bedroom, while sorting clothes; money while in the dining room, from my boys taken from their dadís car; at the kitchen, while checking the pocket; lastly, living room, on the floor. I am just too lazy to waste my time, and put the money into the main bank container. Most of these coins are from hubby, he always have coins for me to take. Why I save them for no reason.

Pag36 11-04-2005 05:52 AM

What a wonderful thing to do for your daughter and her friends. I hope the savings grow fast for them. Take care and God bless

Liza44 11-04-2005 07:58 AM

I have one downstairs and one up. The downstairs one is a 3lb coffee can. When it gets full, I take it in and save it for a trip or something. Usually I can get anywhere from 200.00 to 300.00 in there a couple of times a year. Last time I used it for spending money on my New York trip. The other is a ceramic bank for the $$ that I don't take out of my pocket. I never spend my change. Even if the sale is 21.05, i will break a single instead of digging out the nickel. Don't know when I started that, but it works. I also don't spend my singles if possible and band them into 25 for saving. We have paid for many a trip this way.

lrivetz 11-04-2005 09:32 AM

One of my piggy bank was so tiny that it only held the amount of eighteen dollars and some coins left-over when I had it sorted in a store machine.

Bettan 11-04-2005 11:05 AM

I have a piggy bank that is plastic on the sides and it has written on it Moms Millions. It is pretty full of quarters. I also have a plastic bowl that I throw the change in.