Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 08-06-2002, 08:21 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Hang in there momof4 ! Maybe you could just work on one thing to be frugal about this week instead of just trying to stick to the $100.00 challenge. That way you have a specific goal and you won't be feeling entirely defeated! Try it!
Old 08-07-2002, 01:26 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

shocking $100 a week

I overspent this week! And it's only Wed!

I will keep trying. I wasn't prepared to start this yet. But hey no time like the present to try!

Kimmyo... thanks for the support!

momof4... good luck to you! I feel you pain (in the wallet that is)!

You guys are all great here!

School schedules are fun aren't they. The city I live in starts school one week before the city where my mom lives (12 miles away), the city my sister lives gets in one week earlier and gets extra days off during the year and they have half day every Wed.

School during the HOT summer months must be tough!

One final confession... I forgot my lunch today on the counter and had to go out and get a sandwich.

OK so I have no more money until Saturday (and that's that!).

Thanks for listening!
Old 08-07-2002, 03:25 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Hey ladies! Thanks for the encouragement! I will keep trying! Hope I didn't sound too whiny last night! I'll start over next week! That's what I love about this - you always get another chance!

Angela
Old 08-15-2002, 05:35 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

chuckle

Jeanie,

You are sooo right about the use of cloth diapers being a savings.
If I had it to do over, I STILL would use the cloth ones. It would kill me to pay the prices for disposables. I grant you, cloth ones can be a bit unpleasant before they are washed, but then, a lot of things are unpleasant, such as cleaning the toilet, unplugging stopped-up plumbing, for example. I used to love seeing the diapers blowing in the fresh air. One of my boys, as a baby, used all six dozen in one day once. Now can you figure what that would have cost by using disposables?? I loved then, and still do, love to wash clothes.

Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Cry, and you cry alone.
Old 08-27-2002, 09:12 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Is anyone making it on the $100.00 a week challenge? I sure am not. Seems as if bills are going up and they have a bad habit of coming here all at once. lol

janet
Old 08-28-2002, 05:17 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Hello All-
New to this forum and I would like to join you all in this challenge! I am a homeschooling mom (first year- heaven help us ) to two boys- one in diapers and we are trying desperately to pay down our debt so my husband can leave his current job. The hours are awful!!!!I am pretty frugal now but a real impulse buyer when it comes to books and educational toys. My question is does this money include gas???? Hub gets paid tomorrow so wish me luck!!!

By the way- I read the stockers pos and am amazed at some of you ladies-Whew!!!
Old 08-29-2002, 02:33 AM
FamilyCorner Junkie

Blondie--anytime you feel the urge to wash some clothes, you can come to my house lolol!! I swear the laundry never stops around here! I like to watch my clothes drying on the line. I always feel a sense of accomplishment once they're done that I don't get by just tossing them in the dryer...what's that about the simple things in life?

Anyway--I think I'm ready to jump back into this challenge. After having it out with dh, settling things with the mortgage co, and going over the budget several times with dh to make sure we're on the same page, I can do this! I'm going to include groceries and gas for the car. Anything left over will go towards building a credit with the gas co. for our heat this winter.

Momof4--you're doing great!! Frugal living is sometimes a shock to the system! So just relax and take it one step and one day at a time. Don't panic--I don't think anyone here is a natural at this--we all have to work at it -- and we all fall off the wagon at some point! The trick is to just dust yourself off and keep going.
Old 08-29-2002, 04:04 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Well said MrsManiac! My problem seems to be that when I fall the dang wagon falls on top of me and its soooo hard to get back on!
Old 08-29-2002, 10:21 AM
FamilyCorner Junkie

:p Well just repair the wagon instead of buying a new one, and hop aboard lol!! :p I know the feeling, though--this is the first week in a looooong time that dh got OT, and I am fighting the urge to splurge! Ds2"s b-day party is next weekend and I'm trying to not go overboard with decorations, food, and presents. It's killing me lol!
Old 08-29-2002, 06:18 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

How can you do it all on $100.00 a week? I am serious now, are you all stocked up? It cost me $25.00 on the first day of school...not counting the back to school clothes.

Filling our car with gas cost $30.00 So I am really amazed when somone can do it all for $100.00 or am I spoiled????

janet