Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Old 04-08-2002, 05:52 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Reading this thread inspired me to count my change bag, and I am shocked to discover I have $43 (about $21.50 USD) I have been saving my coins for about 6 weeks, and recently used some for the photocopier at the Library, but I will make a stronger effort to put aside all this change.

Just one thing - does anyone have a good strategy for hiding it from a DH who dips into it far too frequently.....
Old 04-08-2002, 06:32 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Quote:
Originally posted by raggedymom
Just one thing - does anyone have a good strategy for hiding it from a DH who dips into it far too frequently.....

Well, you could try putting your "stash" in a place where your husband has to "work" to find it. Somewhere he normally would not be because it takes work to get to it or he has no inclination to dig for it. Some suggestions:

1. Bottom of the freezer (talk about cold, hard cash!)
2. Bottom of the basket of ironing or mending.
3. Bottom/back of your lingerie drawer.
4. In an empty box at the back of your cleaning supplies cabinet.
5. At the back of a file cabinet drawer.

Or you could leave a small amount of change in an open container someplace totally in sight, but keep the bulk of your stash somewhere he won't be looking for it.

Sandie
Old 04-08-2002, 10:27 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

chuckle Fantastic Ideas!

Love it! Dh usually only gets what he is given since he had a little spending spree not long ago and spent about half of our holiday money! And he has nothing to show for it either! I was worried about my jar, I will keep an eye and if any seems to be going astray I will definately move it! The cleaning cupboard and freezer sounds brilliant, he is allergic to those places! If he goes near those places he is afraid he will have to get off his backside and do something, so he stays well clear!
Old 04-08-2002, 06:13 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Wow, I am still laughing about this!!

Places to hide the stash from DH....

Ironing Basket
Laundry Basket
Washing Machine
Oven
Dryer
Dishwasher
On top of the vacuum cleaner
Anywhere next to the TV remote (he can NEVER find that!)

Now I have plenty of ideas ......

Old 04-15-2002, 08:26 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

chuckle A good hiding place!

Anytime I want to hide things from the DH I just put it on a shelf behind my feminine hygiene(spelling?) products. Works great for presents as well as money.:D

I got my change roller from Wal-Mart for about $20. It works great and automatically turns itself on when you drop the change.
Old 04-22-2002, 09:08 AM
FamilyCorner Admirer

Hi all,
I have a change jar at home and hubby as a small drawer in his tool chest at work. We use it for the extra fun things. Last year for a weeks camping vacation, a day at the amusement park, an end of the year soccer party for our team, some of our christmas presents. So far this year I used about a $100 for daughter's brithday party in Febuary and already have about $125 in the jar now.

Laura
Old 04-30-2002, 06:29 AM
FamilyCorner Admirer

chuckle How did everyone do?

OK, ladies it is now April 30th. Time too start counting that change! So how did everyone do? How much change did you save? I will count up my own and post it later today. Think how much closer we now are too whatever it is we are saving for. A fun family day at one of the local amusement or theme parks for me!
Old 04-30-2002, 01:18 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

We have only saved about $40.00 to $50.00 this time!!

We have only saved about $40.00 to $50.00 this time!!

My FC Member Awards!

Hey, I won!
Old 04-30-2002, 01:25 PM
FamilyCorner Admirer

Saved $68.00 in April and it's ongoing. Total in can since March is $165. I'm trying for enough to cover a whole week of camping and an end of the year pizza party for our soccer team.

Laura
Old 04-30-2002, 02:46 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

$27.62 for the month. I am pleased and SURPRISED! Not too bad considering I only go to town once or twice a week ~

Sandie