Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Old 05-26-2004, 01:05 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
chuckle What to do with your outgrown kids clothes

Here is a place that will buy your clothes from you.

http://www.stilladorable.com/buy-form.htm

Disclaimer- Neither, FamilyCorner.com nor myself, is in any way linked to this particular website. I saw it and thought that I would pass the idea on to our members. Tami

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 06-08-2004, 02:46 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

resale

Ebay and consignment shops are good as well.

Or if you are looking to preserve try saving them.

For my daughter (coming June 22) I plan on saving some of her outfts after she outgrowns them and making a quilt out of them when she is older as a keepsake.

For my step son he is big into baseball so every season when we get a new jersey the old one gets kept for later. Not sure if I will do a quilt with it or what.

TX Chef Fran
Old 06-08-2004, 03:20 AM
The Original Coupon Queen
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Tami, What size clothing are your children in now? Your beautiful daughter has really grown so quickly! Seems like only yesterday that you gave birth to her!! I'd like to see more snaps of them in our photo thread........do you have any to share?

Have a Blessed Day.......

Carol Ann &
Old 06-08-2004, 08:44 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

What a great website!!
What I usually do is try to give them to people I know who can use them. Most of the kids are from ranches, and really apprecitate the clothes. When my son was diagnosed with diabetes, after starting on insulin, he gained about 20 lbs and grew about 5 inches in a matter of months. I had so many brand new wranglers and shirts barely worn!!! I also advertised on the local website and sold the wranglers since many had only been worn once.
Old 07-03-2004, 11:55 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
Hi autumnmum 2002

It is so hard to believe that she is 1 already! She is running, jumping and climbing already too!! In 3 months, she got 8 teeth( . ) so now she has 10. She looks more and more like me ( and my sister) every day. She is in mostly 12 months now but some 18 months. She has a long waist just like her brother so she can wear bigger tops but her bottom half is still smaller and just now wearing 12 month.

Her big brother just loves her to death and she adores him. At first we thought that their age differences would be a problem but now, we couldnt be happier that it turned out this way.

I do have more pics of them but have held off posting any because of all of the computer problems that Ive been having. Now that Im up and running clean again ( sure hoping so anyway!), I will post some more of them.

Thanks for asking about them!!!

Tami

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 09-12-2004, 06:04 PM
Nine Year Member

Since I have 2 girls I save the clothes from the oldest for the youngest to wear. I have been selling off the clothes as the youngest out grows them for $5 a box advertising for free in the local paper. I have saved some special clothing for keptsakes but most of them were bought at garage sales or Goodwill.
Old 09-19-2004, 04:33 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I give away a lot of my sons and daughters clothes to family and friends in need. I do sometimes though sell a few items that were worth a lot of money and are in like new shape, usually there dress clothes...just so I have money to replace them.
I have also kept a few special outfits for all 3 of my kids. I wrote a note with each outfit stating who bought it and why it was special then I sealed it in an air tight bag and put it in there trunk. I have 1 trunk for each child where I put momentos and things like letters I wrote them through out there lives.
A friend of mine made her kids beautiful quilts from there baby clothes. Wish I had thought of that before I got rid of everything.

Hugs
Debbie

Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 01-22-2006, 01:12 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

I had saved some of my 3 year old's clothes hoping and praying for a reason to use them. Thankfully, I have one. But since we are not looking to have any more kiddos, I have some outlets. Ebay, another parenting forum that has an auction forum. I'll have to check out the website and see what it's all about.
Thanks for posting it !

Old 01-29-2006, 11:55 PM
Nine Year Member

Just about all the kids clothes we got were gifts or hand me downs. So I hand down, too. Once I thought I'd try to sell them to a consignment shop in town. Only they used a UV light on them and man, did the spots show up, even when they couldn't be seen in daylight. I was sooooo embarrassed at this.

If I can't find a neighbor who takes hand me downs, then I take them to the local St Vincent de Paul thrift store. They write receipts that can boost your federal tax deductions in the charitable donations category. Does Goodwill do this too?

"God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of love, power, and a sound mind."