Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Old 02-04-2002, 05:43 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
Very Easy....Beef & Mushrooms over noodles

Heres a comfort food recipe for you........

Beef & Mushrooms over Noodles

1 1-2lb beef roast, cut into chunks
1 can cr. of mush. soup-store brand works too
1 pk. Lipton onion soup mix-again store brand will work
8 oz fresh, sliced mushrooms
cooked egg noodles

In your crockpot mix first 3 ingredients. Add mushrooms and gently stir until all is mixed. Cook on high 4-5 hrs, low 8-9 hrs.
This creates its own gravy as it cooks. I always double all of the ingredients except the meat. You might want to stir this a few times while cooking if your crockpot cooks on the hot side like mine. Serve over noodles and with a side of veggies. MMMM!!!
Old 02-04-2002, 06:49 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Thanks ajrsmom! Printing this one!
Old 02-05-2002, 10:35 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Thanks so much, ajrsmom!

This sounds great! I like anything really simple! I am going to give this one a try!

Jenna
Old 02-05-2002, 10:44 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
You are both very welcome !! Just a note, this tends to be salty so DONT add salt to it. I try to look for low salt versions of soup if the prices arent out of this world. I have made this using a pork roast and boneless chicken . These 2 are very good also. Its like taking a day off from cooking

Like Martha says "Its a good thing "
Old 04-17-2002, 06:36 PM
Special Member of the Family
Honorary Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

hehe Ajrsmom...great minds think alike...I just ended a post with Martha's "it's a good thing" on the chit chat board.....

This recipe is how my MIL makes Pot Roast...minus the extra mushrooms. It's the first meat dish I ever made (after 16 or so years as a vegetarian). My husband was coming home from his long stint in Oregon and I had called his mom for this recipe and made it. She browns the roast on each side and then just throws it in the pot with the mushroom soup and the lipton stuff....oh yeah...and some carrots and potatoes. I actually let it cook for like 11 hours. LOL It was practically melting in our mouths. It really surprised DH...he was going to take me out, but it was soooo late when he got to the airport and I knew he'd be tired. He was thrilled...went on and on about how it was the best food he'd had in weeks. If you spent a few minutes watching him eat my previous offerings, you could understand how much this meant to me.

May you have warm words on a cold evening ~ A full moon on a dark night ~ and the road downhill all the way to your door. Lisa~