Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 03-09-2005, 09:46 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Blue bunny has a lowfat sugar free strawberry swirl ice cream that is to die for...it is the only low fat sugar free I have had to check and make sure it was really reduced fat,LOL 'They also have fat free but I don't like it,yuck. It is 2 points for 1/2 cup.

Gee I don't know what my favorite meal is ...whatever I can come up with that gives me a really good taste, even if it's only 3/4 cup serving ..cause I would rather it taste good and fill up on veggies than the other way round. I guess it would be stir fry veggies with 1/2 cup rice and several shrimp per serving...or a happy meal from Miky dee's =11 points, or a less than 6 fat gram hoogie from Subway =5 points..or Kentucky fried chicken-Chicken breast with skin removed by customer=3 points ..mashed potatoes and gravy= 3 points corn on the cob =1 pt. or green beans =1 pt
Whoaaaaa stop me I love food.....Good thing I just ate !!!LOL

home cookin : Fish or Chicken is always a good choice....I am eating more potatoes done in the oven cause I like em and pasta takes to many points mostly ...1 med potato is only 1 pt verse 3/4c. of whole wheat pasta =3 points. I am just starting to get in to cooking suppers. Truthfully I was eating a lot of frozen ww dinners and they are not near as good as homemade. It is hard to stick to serving size when you are in charge of that though....but it does get easier.
Oh I know one ...I love cod or a good tasting white fish baked in the oven with salt pepper and a spray of butter flavored pam on it..I don't like lemon on food! I have yam oven fries with it mostly and broccoli or some veggie we all like. I take my food ,then add butter if they want it to the rest.

I like sf, ff choc pudding real well with a dolup of ff cool whip on it or is it called coolwhip lite? yum anywho!!!

gee I could go on forever.....
Old 03-09-2005, 03:16 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Oh gosh all of that sounds yummy...I had my veggies and pasta for lunch. 6 points...

CHerrios for breakfast. Yummy to me.

Love Janet
Old 03-09-2005, 03:24 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Hi, i dont know how good I did at dinner tonight we had beef stew,but I passed on the dumplings and the potatoes,and had carrots,onions,celery,(about 1 cup) and 1/4 lb stew(lean) meat.Hope that isnt too bad, I had bran flakes and skim milk at breakfast and for lunch I had a salad,with let,cuke,onion (red) 3 olives blacksliced up so it looked like more, and 1/4 cup of plain tuna packed in water.
Tonight Im gonna have 1/2 cup of Turkey Hill froz yogurt and it says 2pts for weight watchers on the box,1/2 cup isnt much though, lol is it??Maybe I will have some plain popcorninstead.
Have a good night
Hugs Sandie
Old 03-09-2005, 06:08 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Okay Ladies, I had my 6ounces of fish tonight, sm, potatoe, and asparagus tonight again..this was my left overs from yesterdays meal..It was good, but for soe reason...I still feel empty..

But hey Day 3 no ice cream..lol

Hugs, Janet
Old 03-09-2005, 06:34 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

There are days i feel full with 15 to 20 points and about ever thrird day I eat more for that daymaybe my whole 30 points. I read somewhere that if you eat more every third day your body won't think it's starving and save everything....who knows.
Was it one of your postings or a ww page I read to rate your hunger. 1 being very full ....5 starting to get hungry ,9 really hungry 10 got to eat now! Do this to determine if you are wanting to eat from true hunger or another reason ,possible emotional.

Today:
breakfast:
This will sound weird but it is what I ate
ww english muffin with crustless pumpkin pie on it= 2 points

Lunch:
2 hotdgs made with ballpark fat free dogs (1 pt)and 1 slice each ww bread(1/2 pt per slice) w/onions and ketcup. total= 3 points

snack: banana

Supper:
2 large slices of cheese pizza from a pizza store= 12 points

Total for the day 18 points

no veggies today but hey some days are like that!
Old 03-09-2005, 06:39 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I forgot to tell ya I went to the doctor tonite .......drumroll please I lost 10 pounds since I went 26 days ago!!! That means I have lost a total of 16 pounds since starting w.w.
Old 03-09-2005, 08:00 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Congratulations Candy!!!

I am doing the happy dance for you!

My exercise of the day!

Way to go!!!

HUGS janet
Old 03-09-2005, 08:02 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Baked Banana Splits

Servings 4

Preparation Time 15 min

Cooking Time 30 min

Level of Difficulty Easy

Substitute any flavored extract you like in the sauce -- almond, maple, rum, orange -- let your imagination run wild.

INGREDIENTS: 1 serving cooking spray (5 one-second sprays per serving)
4 large bananas, ripe, peeled
8 oz can crushed pineapple in juice, drained
6 tsp SPLENDA No Calorie Sweetener, or 2 tablespoons
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cups raspberries

INSTRUCTIONS:

Preheat oven to 400F. Coat a 9-inch baking pan with cooking spray. Place bananas in pan
Combine pineapple, 1 tablespoon of Splenda and cinnamon in small bowl; pour over bananas. Cover pan with foil and bake for 30 minutes. (Note: The canned pineapple is already sweet so omit the Splenda if you prefer a more 'mild' flavor.)
Meanwhile, combine ricotta, remaining tablespoon of Splenda and vanilla in another small bowl; set aside.
Place one baked banana in each of four individual serving bowls and top each with about 2 tablespoons of pineapple sauce and 1/4 cup of ricotta mixture. Top each with 1/4 cup of raspberries. Serve immediately.

Last edited by janet; 06-05-2007 at 05:54 AM.
Old 03-10-2005, 01:39 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Here are some items that are only 1 point that I got from WW.

! ounce sliced roast turkey wrapped around celery stick
1 cup egg drop soup
1 baked chicken drumstick without skin
1 cup fruit(blueberries,melon,papya,orange sections,unsweetened applesauce)
1piece of fruit, apple, pear,orange,peach,nectarine
6 mini rice cakes
1 light english muffin, split and toasted with 2 tsp fat free cream cheese
1 cup raw veggies with 2 tbsp fat free ranch dressing
2 gingersnap cookies
4 short breadsticks
1 cup tomatoe juice, 1 slice reduced calorie bread with 1 tsp reduced calorie margarine
tossed salad with 2 tbsp fat free italian dressing, 1 1/2 cups strawberries
1 slice high fibre bread toasted with 2 tsp fat free cream cheese and 1 tsp spreadable fruit

Lots of choices!!

Hugs Debbie

Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 03-10-2005, 05:00 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Wahhhhhh...I want that baked banana split!!!!LOL
I can't find fat free riccota cheese. I also can't find fat free swiss cheese which has nothing to do with this recipe but I went shopping today for cheeses....terrible ...2 stores to go to and neither had either one.

Thanks Deb I had some of those on my list but some I needed! I want to make some egg drop soup.Thanks again.

Today:
Breakfast: 1/2 large apple = 1 pt.

Snack: crustless pumpkin pie = 2 pts.

Lunch: Sandwich; 2 wholewheat ww bread =1
2 oz lunchmeat lean roastbeef =2
ketcup and onion = free
3/4 c. cherry tomatoes =free
5 baby dill pickles =free

Supper: 6 oz. cod with spray of pam butter flavor and =4 pts.
salt&pepper = free
3/4 potato made into oven fries = 2 pts
Asparagus 1 c. = free
Blue bunny ff sf ice cream 1/2 c. =2 pts

Supper stuffed me ...I like to have points left in case I get hungry at bed time ..Tomorrow I am going to eat more as it will be my third day and I don't want my body to think its starving!!! and grab fat to save!!!LOL