Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 04-24-2004, 11:16 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I just got back from my walk. It's good when I do it early in the day. Because after doing all that work, I don't want to screw it up by eating the wrong stuff.

Leasmom I'm 5'6, too. Any idea what our ideal weight is supposed to be?
Old 04-24-2004, 11:44 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
Hi Ladies!!

Lifestar posted this site on another forum. It is a site that has exercises along with pictures on how to do the exercises the right way. http://www.fatlosstips.com/tone.html

I havent had a chance to really look at it yet but I thought that I would share it here too since we were talking about exercises.

Didnt do Curves today....did yard sales instead

So I really havent done any exercising. Im going to start doing those wall push-ups tonight along with some leg lifts.

My Dh said that you can tell Ive lost a lot of weight in my face....HHHMMM......of all places, I didnt think that I had a fat head!!

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 04-24-2004, 12:01 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

VickiLynn, Here is a site that will give you an idea about your weight. http://www.halls.md/ideal-weight/body.htm

I just did it and it gave almost the exact number for my body fat as Curves did.

I set my goal at 150 but have said that I will be happy with 175. Looks like I have a long way to go.

Visit my blogs **

On Hiatus

Old 04-24-2004, 12:04 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I'm still resting up from walking Friday

I have a choice, I can either go walking tomorrow or I can count that I did two laps instead of one-(we're talking on the long side of the riverwalk which is like walking the 6 laps I usually do on the smaller end) and then say that I walked 3 X's a week or I could go out and do it. I don't know...I feel like crud today because I caught a dry cough from walking on Friday with no coat, so I don't feel too good, maybe I'll feel better tomorrow but if not, I'll go walking on Monday.
Old 04-24-2004, 12:50 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Thanks for the ideal weight site! It says 167 for me. I LIKE THAT. I remember in the past, seeing charts that said 135 (haven't weighed that since I was 16). I was shooting for 165 as my ultimate goal (I'll see that about 100 pounds from now), but I thought I would still be considered overweight. This makes me feel better.

Leasmom, so you graduated to the long side of the walk
Didn't you say 6 laps on the short end was a mile? So, with 2 laps on the long end, you did 2 miles! WOW!
Old 04-24-2004, 02:04 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

It says I should be 155 lbs

I would be satisfied with anywhere from 165 to 200 because I didn't look heavy when I was 200 lbs. 165 would make me look really skinny like I did when I was in middle school. That's too skinny but hey, why not!!!
Old 05-10-2004, 08:17 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

You guys wont believe how happy I am today!!! I got weighed today and measured too......here are the results!!

Weight loss: 18.5 lbs

Inches lost: 18.25 inches

Body fat lbs: 11.47 lbs

My total weight loss is now 30lbs!! Now, Im must add this..... On my scale at home, I weighed 3 lbs more this morning but on thier scale the last time, I weighed one more lb than I did at home. Either way, Im really happy this is working!!!

Im praying that I dont wake up like before and have it reappear again!!

I didnt lose a thing in my hips and butt so that means more walking is a must now!! So I will be joining you in reporting in on my walking progress. PLEASE keep on me to do it to!!!!!

Almost forgot, In the middle of all of this, I lost my voice!! the last couple of years, If I get a chest cold, I lose my voice. My doc. said it had to do with my thyroid so as soon as I can talk again, I will be making an appt. for all tests that I have to have done along with my cholesteral.

I had some low carb ice cream to celebrate! I have to stop that though.......I love that stuff!!!

Visit my blogs **

On Hiatus

Old 05-11-2004, 05:49 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Ajrsmom! Great Job! How long did it take you to lose 30#? How do they measure body fat?

I know what you mean about the ice cream. That's my downfall, too. Now that the weather is warming up, it's even harder to resist.

The other day I was thinking it would be cool if we all lived close together so we could walk together.
Old 05-11-2004, 07:00 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Thanks VickiLynn!!

They measure body fat with this hand-held device. You grab on to it with both hands and hold it out in front of you and it supposedly reads it from your body. One thing that I dont understand is that the reading on this machine only went down 1% but yet it says that the body fat lbs lost is 11. Does this mean that 1% = 10lbs? I have to find that out today and Ill let you know.

I really, really wish that we all could walk together!! I used to walk with a girlfriend everyother night years ago and I lost 80lbs that way!!

I started Atkins on March 22 and Curves one week later.

Visit my blogs **

On Hiatus

Old 05-11-2004, 07:06 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Woohoo, congrats on your weight loss!!!

Now get to walking-LOL! Congrats on losing and just keep going. Make sure you only eat the half cup of icecream...get some Atkins syrups-(they're expensive)-but use can pour them on your icecream with some nuts or you can make a rootbeer float...just savor the amount y ou can have and don't over do it. I think I'm more in control when I have the half gallon than I am with the sandwich bars and icecream bars; I tend to eat two of them.

When I get back to my college I'm gonna go to the gym there, I can go for free-(now that's frugal). I never used it before but now I will. We're gonna make it!!!