Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 04-05-2004, 05:24 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Thanks everyone!

ajrsmom, Good ideal. I'll check the other Goodwill on Wednesday when I head over to Save-A-Lot across town. I'll check it out then.
Old 04-22-2004, 05:24 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

My sides are smaller. You know how when you're walking and swinging your arms, your elbows are always rubbing against your sides?? Well, There's a little less "rubbing" going on these days.l
Old 04-22-2004, 05:28 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Also, the almost-daily heartburn I used to get is totally gone. And I'm sleeping much better, and I do have more energy!!
Old 04-22-2004, 08:03 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Hey, did you go to reach for a part of your body that is no

longer there, it's smaller. That happened to me a couple of times, it was strange to have to readjust to what I thought my arm, neck etc. was like. I can now take my hand and wrap it around my wrist, it's but a dime away from touching fingers. I haven't been able to do that in years!! My arms aren't hanging down so much either, I think once I move to Tennessee I'm gonna buy some bar-bells though the ideal of using them doesn't appeal to me-LOL!
Old 04-22-2004, 09:07 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
My flabby arms are the part that I want to disappear badly!!!!

My sides are getting smaller too!!

My legs seem to be getting a little firmer ( I hope!!)

As of this morning, I down another pound!! 4 lbs to go for 20lbs lost!!

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 04-23-2004, 05:52 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

My stomach is the main problem for me

I think I could deal with my behind a little longer if the stomach would just disappear but both are big problems. They are gettting smaller just not fast enough. Another one that is getting smaller but is still a problem is the fat in the inside of your legs...ugh. But, I can't complain, it's going...better than it returning-LOL!
Old 04-23-2004, 10:14 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Be patient. You're both doing great! Remember:

BABY STEPS

According to my Jorje Cruze book, for arms, you stand a couple feet out from a wall, with your hands on the wall. Then push in and out slowly. Kind-of like pushups, only standing up. As you get stronger, you can do it off something lower, like a coffee table.
Old 04-23-2004, 10:35 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Guess what, I bought a size 3X!

You have to understand that I was nearly in a size 6X!!! I didn't realize until today how big I really was! I was wearing 5X's but they were too tight, today I had to go buy a sweater because I had given away all my larger sized clothes/coats just to have a freak snow storm today so I looked and looked and didn't believe that I could fit into the size 3x's which was the only plus sizes I found at the thrift store.

So, I went to the men's section like I used to do and couldn't find anything there. They had a men's jacket and pants but it was like $18.99 and I'm not paying that in a thrift store, so I went back to the women's section and found a sweater and a few shirts. It was half off day so I decided to try the clothes on in the changing room. Well, wouldn't ya know it but the 3X fit. I got one shirt too that will fit better in a few days. The other two shirts, one would fit in a few days but my stomach and butt are still preventing me from being able to fit it completely so I put that back and the other shirt fit but it was too light so I put it back. When I looked at that size though I did not think I could fit a 3X, I just knew it would be extemely tight on me, but it fit!!!

I also looked at pants but had no ideal what size to buy, they had some 26/28 but I wasn't sure if I could fit it just yet. The stretchier pants were like size 5X and I looked at it shockingly, I could not believe that I used to fit into that and it was tight!!! It was HUGE!!!

I also noticed that the pants I have on now are looking really loose on me and makes me look untidy. But, I'm getting smaller and that's great.

I also noticed that in the mirror, I looked short...that's probably because I'm 5'6 and my body is starting to shift the way I was supposed to look, which is a short person with a small body, instead of a big body on a shorter frame. All I noticed before was my body and now I actually noticed my height.

Can I say, yay!!! I will never, ever let myself get back to being like that again!!!
Old 04-23-2004, 10:48 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
Way to Go!!!!! Im so happy for you!! I can hear it in your word just how happy you are!

I know what you mean about pants making you look sloppy. I have on a pair of stretch pants that I have been wearing to exercise in. They dont do a thing for my big butt but they are so comfortable.

I have a big chest and a big butt ---they prevent me from wearing a lot of shirts....the chest not so much now but the butt , YES!

We are going to some yard sales tomorrow (cant wait!!!!). I would love to find some stuff for me. I hardly ever buy things for me anymore---isnt that the way it is when you have kids and a DH? But since I had an awful morning ( will explain later, not enough time now), Im going out tomorrow for me!!!

Great luck with finding the clothes!! I hardly have any luck at Salvation Army or GoodWill.

VickiLynn, For the wall push-ups, Do your hands face sp toward the ceiling? Im going to try doing these. Does it recommend a certain number of sets to do?

Thanks for telling us about them!! Ill try just about anything to get rid of these wings. ;-)

Im off to Curves......talk to ya all later on tonight.

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 04-23-2004, 12:45 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Leasmom, I'm so HAPPY for you!!!
You're going to be sooo skinny walking down those University halls in a couple months! Good job.

The wall pushups are done with hands facing up. The farther away you stand, the better the workout. He says do 4 sets of 12.