Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Old 12-20-2004, 10:22 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole

1 pound ground beef
1 egg
4 ounces shredded
cheddar cheese
4 ounces shredded
mozzarella cheese
3 slices bacon -- (3 to 5)
garlic powder
black pepper

Fry or broil bacon, remove from pan and place on towels to drain oil. Lightly brown beef. Drain well. Preheat oven at 350
degres. Mix all ingredients reserving mozzarella for top.
Press mixture into a small casserole and top with mozzarella. Bake in the oven for approximately 30-35 minutes. Edges
should be brown and topping (cheese should be melted and
lightly browned in places. )

Serves 8 ~ 5 g carbs total recipe

~~~I fixed this last night for supper and it was really good. Since the kids don't like alot of veggies ~ I stuck to the recipe for them but for us I added some chopped broccoli, sliced mushrooms, chopped green onion. It turned out really good!! I think next time I'll not use the cheddar cheese and just use a pizza cheese plus do 1/2 hamburger/1/2 sausage and some chopped pepperoni. MMMMMM!!!

Pampered Chef Senior Consultant
Stacia's Kookin Korner

http://www.pamperedchef.biz/staciaskookinkorner

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord,"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11
Old 12-24-2004, 06:32 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

HMMMMMMMMM!

I know I posted more than one recipe on here???!!!
Maybe with the server move, they got bumped. THat's ok; I'll just repost them along with some others we've tried lately that were good!!!

I'll be back!!!!

Stacia's Kookin Korner

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord,"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11
Old 12-24-2004, 06:37 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Golden Oriental Sesame Chicken Skewers ~ TNT

½ c honey
¼ c orange juice
2 Tb soy sauce
1 envelope Good Season’s Oriental Sesame Salad Dressing Mix
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, each cut lengthwise into strips
20 wooden skewers

Mix honey, oj, soy sauce and salad dressing mix in lg bowl. Reserve ¼ c of the dressing mixture; refrigerate. Add chicken to remaining dressing mixture; toss to coat. Marinate in fridge for 1-4 hrs. Drain: discard dressing mixture. Thread a wooden or metal skewer through each strip. Broil 4 inches from heat 9--10 mins or until chicken is cooked, turning and brushing frequently with reserved ¼ c dressing mixture. Discard any remaining mixture.

Serves 20 - 3 g carbs each

** I don't use the skewers, I just place on a cookie sheet in the oven at 400 for about 20-25 mins. They are really good on the grill, too.

Stacia's Kookin Korner

Old 12-24-2004, 06:48 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Leftover Chicken and Broccoli with Cheese Sauce ~ TNT

Leftover Chicken and Broccoli with Cheese Sauce

Cooked chicken cut into bite size pieces (2 breasts)
1 1/2 cups of partially steamed frozen, or fresh, broccoli
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
salt
pepper

Put cut up chicken in a small casserole. Then put the broccoli on top of the chicken. In a small saucepan, heat cream, with salt and pepper to your taste, until it bubbles. Then add 1 cup of the cheddar cheese. Stir until melted, and pour cheese sauce over the chicken and broccoli. Then top the casserole with the remaining cheddar cheese. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes uncovered. Let stand for 5 minutes, and enjoy.

*** YOu can also use leftover turkey. Here's a variation and much simplier version that I made the other night when I was trying to use up some leftover turkey from Thanksgiving and since I hadn't been to the grocery yet:

2 c chopped broccoli
1-2 c chopped or shredded leftover turkey
2 c shredded cheese (your choice) I use 1/2 cheddar and 1/2 Montery Jack w/ jalapenos (sp?)
4 Tb chicken broth

In a small baking dish or pie plate, place broccoli on the bottom, then 1/2 of the cheese, then the turkey and top with remaining cheese. Drizzle the broth all around. Cover with lid or tin foil. Bake in oven at 350 for about 15 mins til broccoli is cooked and cheese is melted. I also sprinkle some Mrs. Dash Garlic & herb seasoning and a little chili powder. It turned out really good!!!!

Stacia's Kookin Korner

Old 12-24-2004, 06:58 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Taco Chicken Rolls ~ TNT

Taco Chicken Rolls

1 cup finely crushed pork rinds
1 envelope taco seasoning
6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 2 pounds)
2 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, cut into six 2-inch x ½-inch sticks
1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
In a shallow dish, combine the crushed pork rinds and taco seasoning; set aside. Flatten chicken between two sheets of waxed paper to ¼-in. thickness. Place a cheese stick and about 1 tablespoon of chilies on each piece of chicken. Tuck ends of chicken in and roll up; secure with a toothpick. Coat chicken with crumb mixture. Place in a greased 13-in x 9-in baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Remove toothpicks to serve.

** Since the kids don't like chilis, I leave them out. Also sometimes instead of pork rinds & taco seasoning, I use hot & spicy pork rinds alone.

Stacia's Kookin Korner

Old 12-24-2004, 07:01 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Taco Meatballs ~ TNT

Taco Meatballs

1 1/2 lb ground beef
1 package taco seasoning mix
1 green onion, finely diced
2 eggs
1 clove garlic, minced
1 block sharp cheddar cheese, cut into small cubes (or you can purchase cheese already cut into cubes)

Preheat the oven to 425°F.
Beat eggs and mix all ingredients except the cheese together. Mold a Tablespoon of meat around a cube of cheese to form a meatball. Repeat with all meat. Place on edged cookie sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray and bake at 425°F for about 8 - 10 minutes or until meat is done and cheese has melted.
Less than 1 carb per meatball.

Stacia's Kookin Korner

Old 12-24-2004, 07:03 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Breakfast Meatballs ~ TNT

Breakfast Meatballs

2 lbs. sausage
1 lb. ground beef
3 eggs 1.5g
2 Tbs. instant minced onion 2g
1/2 lb. sharp cheddar cheese, shredded 3g
Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine all ingredients and pepper to taste in a bowl. Mix thoroughly. Roll into 1-1/2 inch balls or drop by spoonfuls onto cookie sheet. Bake 18-20 minutes. Makes 50 to 60 meatballs. Freezes well for later use.

Stacia's Kookin Korner

Old 12-24-2004, 07:05 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Roast Sticky Chicken ~ TNT

Roast Sticky Chicken (low carb)

This recipe is a great way to roast a large chicken. The meat comes out very moist and flavorful, so it
is as good leftover as freshly cooked. You need to start this the night before serving.

4 tsp salt
2 tsp paprika
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp thyme
1 tsp white pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 large roasting chicken, as big as you can find
1 cup chopped onion

In a small bowl, thoroughly combine all the spices. Remove giblets from chicken, clean the cavity well and pat dry with paper towels. Rub the spice mixture into the chicken, both inside and out, making sure it is evenly distributed and down deep into the skin. Place in a resealable plastic bag, seal and refrigerate overnight.

When ready to roast chicken, stuff cavity with onions, and place in a shallow baking pan. Roast, uncovered, at 250 degrees for 5 hours (yes, 250 degrees for 5 hours). After the first hour, baste chicken occasionally (every half hour or so) with pan juices. The pan juices will start to caramelize on the bottom of pan and the chicken will turn golden brown. If the
chicken contains a pop-up thermometer, ignore it. Let chicken rest about 10 minutes before carving.

***** This is soooooo good!!!!

Stacia's Kookin Korner

Old 12-24-2004, 07:14 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Cool Ranch Pork RInds ~ TNT

Cool Ranch Pork Rinds

1 bag of plain Pork rinds
1/2 cup canola oil
1 tsp. Dill Weed
1 tsp. Garlic Salt
1 pkg. (envelope) Hidden Valley Ranch dip mix

Mix oil and next three ingredients together in Large bowl with lid, until garlic salt is dissolved. Add Pork Rinds, put lid on and shake vigorously back and forth and up side down getting them coated really good. Let set (sealed) overnight before eating.

*** These are really good!!! Just as good as potato chips ~ my hubby and kids loved 'em!!!

Stacia's Kookin Korner

Old 01-10-2005, 12:27 PM
A Member of the Family
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Stacia,
thanks for the recipes. I'm trying low carb to get my glucose #'s under control.

I also wouls like to take off a few lbs. Winter is a good time for this for me. I should exercise too, but I hate walking in the snow. There is a treadmill in the shed, but we can't get to it yet. LOL

I think I'll try the cheddar burgers first. Only because I already have the fixings for them.. I will add the veggies, like you suggested. Do you precook them, or just pop them in raw?

Maryann

We learn lessons in the school of suffering
that we can learn in no other way.