FamilyCorner.com Forums

FamilyCorner.com Forums (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/)
-   Low Carb Main Dishes (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/low-carb-main-dishes/)
-   -   "Not Just for Dinner" Meatballs---Good for Atkin Induction (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/low-carb-main-dishes/10010-not-just-dinner-meatballs-good-atkin-induction.html)

ajrsmom 03-20-2004 10:12 AM

"Not Just for Dinner" Meatballs---Good for Atkin Induction

These are good as appetizers and breakfast too.

2 lbs sausage
1 lb ground beef
3 eggs
2 TBS instant minced onions
1/2 lb shredded cheddar cheese
black pepper to taste

Oven at 350* Combine all and mix well. Roll into 1 1/2 in. balls and line on cookie sheet. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Makes approx. 50 meatballs. Freezes well

One Meatball:

cal 87
carbs 0.137
protein 5.36

MMMMM!!!! :daisy:

leasmom 03-26-2004 11:30 AM

What a great recipe!!!

I esp. like that you bake them. This would be a good snack!

ajrsmom 03-26-2004 01:02 PM

I thought the same thing that these would be handy to have in the freezer for a snack or quick lunch/dinner....whatever. Im always looking for something that wont take me all day to make....unless its in a crockpot, then I dont care, LOL!

seleach 05-26-2010 12:42 AM

Stacia has awarded a blue ribbon for this meatball recipe.

Congrats Tami. I am going to try these.

Thank you Stacia for being a recipe tester and testing this recipe.

~*~Stacia~*~ 05-26-2010 06:23 AM

Congratulations, Tami!!

Thank you so much for posting this recipe!!! We're low carbing it, too, and I have a sausage ball recipe but this one is sooo much better! I'm going to try them with a low carb BBQ sauce, with low carb spaghetti sauce & mozzarella cheese and not sure what else yet. For a breakfast meatball, I'm going to add less hamburger and more sausage. These a perfect for snacking!!! A definite keeper!!

Oh, congratulations on losing the 22 lbs!! That's awesome!!!

ajrsmom 05-26-2010 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~*~Stacia~*~ (Post 998378)
Thank you so much for posting this recipe!!! We're low carbing it, too, and I have a sausage ball recipe but this one is sooo much better! I'm going to try them with a low carb BBQ sauce, with low carb spaghetti sauce & mozzarella cheese and not sure what else yet. For a breakfast meatball, I'm going to add less hamburger and more sausage. These a perfect for snacking!!! A definite keeper!!

Oh, congratulations on losing the 22 lbs!! That's awesome!!!

Hi Stacia! Thanks so much for the award!!

I love the meatballs. :) I've sort of strayed off the low carb eating due to some problems here at home but I'm definitely planning on going back - I feel so much better when I'm eating that way.

What type of LC bbq sauce do you use? I've made a homemade one before but it wasn't something that I would use all of the time.

YAY for you low carbing, too! Hopefully we can share recipes!! I've got several lc recipes posted on my blog, too, if you want to check it out. (that's another thing that I've strayed from the last two weeks. I had to make a choice with everything going on here, ya know. I have a bunch of new things to post there and here at FC, too. Hopefully I'll get to it soon.)

jmz2005 05-31-2010 06:19 AM

These sound really yummy. Thanks for sharing. I will have to get the ingredients the next time I grocery shop. My family will love these.

ajrsmom 05-31-2010 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmz2005 (Post 999050)
These sound really yummy. Thanks for sharing. I will have to get the ingredients the next time I grocery shop. My family will love these.

Thanks! :)

~*~Stacia~*~ 06-03-2010 05:55 AM

Hey, Tami! Fixing these awesome meatballs again today :) I've bought Atkin's BBQ sauce before but didn't really like it. I'm going to do some experimenting with some low carb ketchup, splenda brown sugar, onion powder ,etc and see what I can come up with. I'll let you know! We just joined a local gym as a family; last night was my second time going, went after my class at church but Tuesday we all got up at 5:30am and went at 6am!!! I had kiddos coming at 7:30 and hubby is on 3-11 now so we had to go early!! Oh my!!! I am NOT a morning person but I did have more energy throughout the day. A little sore today but not too bad. Now we just have to watch our food. I'll post some yummy LC recipes on here in the next few days. TTYL!!!