Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2004, 07:04 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

leasmom, you're doing fine! Just give yourself a pat on the back for sticking to it with all the changes you've been facing lately!

Sandie - 3# is awesome!!! Good Job Have a safe and relaxing trip.

I got hold of some real sugar last night. DH had made some pudding, and I thought it was SF, after one taste, I knew it wasn't. But I had it in the bowl, so I ate it anyway. This morning I woke up with a whopping headache. That'll teach me.
Old 07-24-2004, 08:59 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

The other day I ate breakfast on campus in the cafeteria

They had all the southern favorites...huge biscuits, gravy, sausage, eggs, grits, etc. I told the lady it all looked good but I am low carb so I can only eat eggs and the sausage and lots of it. She gave me a HUGE amount of sausage and eggs. I guess I surprised her too because I guess not too many have asked for just eggs and sausage.

I have coffee every morning, I have too to stay awake, but I had eggs w/ cheese and salsa and sausage and coffee this morning. For lunch I am had a cornbeef sandwich-(low carb bread, corned beef, cheese, lettuce and tomato) and for a snack...hot bbq wings. Lately I have been craving meat...I went for awhile where I was craving mostly veggies, but right now it's back to meat.

I heard that before you have a whoosh-(suddenly weight loss) that your appetite increases...has anyone noticed that??? I hope this is whats going on?
Old 07-24-2004, 09:57 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Re: The other day I ate breakfast on campus in the cafeteria

Quote:
Originally posted by leasmom
I heard that before you have a whoosh-(suddenly weight loss) that your appetite increases...has anyone noticed that??? I hope this is whats going on? [/B]
I can't help you there. I have not experienced - not do I expect to experience the famed "whoosh". It's coming off so slow - one ounce at a time. But I hope that's what's happening to you now!
Old 07-24-2004, 10:45 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

After reading this thread, it seems like many of you have had great success on South Beach. I have the Atkins Book and have done that and have had success with it, but I have heard South Beach is healthier. I tend to lose the weight on Atkins and then after a few months, resort to my old eating habits and regain some, although not all of the weight. Any advice on how South Beach differs from Atkins, or do I really have to buy the book?
Diane
Old 07-24-2004, 10:47 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

chuckle A whoosh? Never had one, but hope it's true ...

Breakfast: 3 scrambled eggs and 2 slices very crisp bacon

Lunch: Large Chef/ tossed salad (lettuce, spinach, green pepper, onion, 1/2 tomato, cheese, 1 slice chopped up turkey breast w/Neuman's Own vinigarette plus 4 club crackers. First crackers in more than a month and I thought I had died and gone to Heaven!)

Dinner (and the back-up plan): Tonight we are attending a sister church's fund-raising Mexican dinner and I already know I am NOT having any of their homemade ice cream no matter what! I will content myself, at most, with the infamous one bite from my husband's dish if they have homemade peach ice cream, but the game plan is none at all.

Since I don't know what I am going to find there for the Mexican dinner, I will have a "stash" in my purse, namely: 1 whole wheat tortilla/wrap with a dill pickle and spread with cream cheese, 2 string cheese sticks, and a small Golden Delicious apple already sliced with a "read-a-newspaper-through-it" dab of peanut butter.

LOL Man alive, I hope this works!! Sandie
Old 07-24-2004, 10:58 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

I don't have the SB book

Diane, I don't have a copy of the SB diet book even yet. I found this list so helpful in that they supplied the links I needed to find out what I had to do or answered my questions for me. I am just finishing the 4th week of SB, and have already lost 20 lbs. I don't believe I could have done it without the help of this group!

The reason I didn't buy the book is: (1) I got so disgusted with myself that I started the diet before I even really knew what all I had to do ~ I wanted to capitalize on that disgust! and (2) I didn't want to buy another diet book only to attempt it and find out I was going to fail. I decided to find out as much information as I could about Atkins and SB online, and then pick one and try it to see if I could do it for a month. And I did!

I chose SB because it allows fruits (Phase 2 and in moderation) and I was concerned about the excessive animal fat intake that some people doing Atkins have experienced. Additionally, I was not a big meat eater ~ I was a huge bread, pasta, rice and sweets eater. I felt I would have a better chance at success with SB so that's the one I chose.

You can't beat this group for support and their knowledge of low-carb eating plus they are so willing to help everyone!

If you are interested in the links I mentioned, post a request on this list for helpful links and I know someone will post them for you.

Sandie
Old 07-24-2004, 11:14 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Has anyone else tried Somersizing?
Its low carb but on the healthier version.
YES you can eat fruits all the way through from the beginning but only alone (no in conjunction with other foods.)

So I've never craved them because I couldn't have them.
Old 07-24-2004, 11:24 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I'm Atkins

I like the structure of Atkins. The Maintenance phase of Atkins is the same as South Beach, both allow carbs...Atkins even allows the dreaded white rice, potatoes etc. but later on in maintenance level and with moderation. I personally don't want another potato again, so I am sticking to Atkins and will do basically the same thing as South Beach in the end.
Old 07-24-2004, 11:34 AM
A Member of the Family

My recipe was featured! Get yours featured too!
FamilyCorner Admirer

South Beach is low-carb and low- fat. Eating healthy carbs like beans and whole grain breads and pastas

Atkins is low-carb and has more fats.

I started with Atkins and I think I'm going to switch to South Beach because it seems like I could maintain it for a life time.

Good luck
Teresa
Old 07-24-2004, 12:27 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

That's the hook for me!

<I started with Atkins and I think I'm going to switch to South Beach because it seems like I could maintain it for a life time. >

That the biggest plus of all for me ~ this is a lifestyle I KNOW I can stick with for the rest of my life.

I have tried other diets in the past, most notably Weight Watchers and I hated the cost, the measuring, the weighing, etc. I reached goal of losing 60+ lbs. and promptly went back to eating the pre-diet way and gained it all back within 3 years. It just got so tedious!

Yes, there is still portion control with SB but it's quick fix. I can eyeball stuff and not have to measure and it works.

SB just makes so much more common sense for me than WW ~ there won't be any "getting off a diet" with SB because it works for me so I know that once all this weight is gone, it is going to stay gone! (I don't want to have to repeat those first couple of weeks again ~ that alone is incentive enough! LOL)

Got to go get in the shower and get ready for that Mexican dinner now ~ will hope to check the list one more time before bedtime! (I think I am getting addicted to this List!)

Sandie

Closed Thread