Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2004, 02:16 PM
A Member of the Family

My recipe was featured! Get yours featured too!
FamilyCorner Admirer

Tonight I had ham and cabbage

I quartered cabbage and put in the bottom of crock pot and added ham on top. added water.

This was yummy and easy.
I love easy.

Teresa
Old 02-09-2004, 05:13 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

That sounds good, I think I'll get some cabbage tomorrow

I have some corn relish, minus the sugar that is good on top of cabbage. I made it about two weeks ago.

Tonight I had a simple salad with tomato slices, avocado slices, a few chunks of cheese and 2 tbsp's of spinach salad on top- which was 3 carbs per 2 tbsp's. I also had a hot dog.
Old 02-10-2004, 01:11 PM
A Member of the Family

FamilyCorner Admirer

Tonight I am going all out and have Shrimp and Steak. A treat.
on the side cauliflower/brocolli to dip. Another easy meal.

This weekend I might try to bake something. If it turns out I"ll post If it doesn't I'll pretend it never happened.

Teresa
Old 02-10-2004, 01:31 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Yikes, I didn't count carbs and I have been eating

about 20 carbs more than I should!!! I ate 40 carbs already and it's not even dinner! All of it was low carb but I kept thinking that all it's just low carb...

eggs and cheese, a piece of bread-(non-Atkins so it was 13 carbs alone) and 1 pat of the new whipped berry cream cheese which was only 3 carbs.

This breakfast alone came to 24 carbs.

Then lunch was a salad of lettuce, a half of avocado, a half of a roma tomato, a tiny bit of cheese and 2 tbsp. of spinach dip which is only 3 carbs for the 2 tbsps.

All together...40 carbs.

I guess 40 isn't bad since I have been kinda staying in Induction for awhile though my 2 weeks have been long up. But, its just so easy to go over when I don't count them. Tonight I'm having ground turkey, that's it, that's all...

I think if I were to go to Stage 2 I would keep it under 30, so either way I screwed up and didn't even know it!!!
Old 02-10-2004, 01:39 PM
BoggsZ

Has anyone tried the new Sara lee low carb bread I have and its pretty good it has 9cabs per slice it was $2.49 for a loaf but i like bread so i'll buy it everyonce in a while.
Old 02-10-2004, 02:06 PM
A Member of the Family

FamilyCorner Admirer

It is so easy to go over your carb limit. I just started writing everything down. I started this diet during the summer and lost about 13lbs. Over the holidays gained 3. I didn't think that was too bad. I thought I was doing good on carbs until I started writing it all down. I've lost the 3 and 1 more. Started the induction again. Just to jump start things again.

I'll have to try that bread. Have you tried the low-carb yogurt?
Dannons I think. Pretty good and made with splenda.

Teresa
Old 02-10-2004, 03:10 PM
BoggsZ

Teresa, No i havent tried the yogert but ill have to see if I can find tthat here.
Old 02-10-2004, 03:49 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I looked up the Dannon website to see if it was in my area yet

It isn't. But, I did enjoy the whipped cream cheese this morning, the berry kind. Two tablespoons would be 3 carbs and I only had 1 tablespoon on my bread...it was good!!! I did find some regular bread that was 6 carbs but when I went back to get more they didn't have any more, so got to find it again, if I can.

Oh, did you know that atkins.com has an online journal and a carb counter so that you can add it up everyday. It's very easy. Check it out!!!
Old 02-11-2004, 01:45 PM
A Member of the Family

FamilyCorner Admirer

I'll have to try the atkins site.

Tonight is pizza night for the kids so I order wings and celery for myself.

I've joined curves for 3 months to get me through the bad weather than I hope to walk walk walk

Take care ladies
Teresa

Arnolds has a low carb bread 6 carbs. Not bad
Old 02-11-2004, 02:26 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

My clothes are loose and I'm happy!!!

I just came back from the library where I got Dr. Atkins age defying book, well, I'm 29 I don't need that but they didn't have the other one and I'll take what I can get! I also got a book called Cheap Talk with the Frugal Friends...I think they have a website...and some paranormal type of books-MY FAVORITE. So, that should keep me busy and the Atkins book should help me a great deal, I hope.

Closed Thread