Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Old 12-03-2013, 05:24 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Sammi, congratulations on your weight loss! Wow - 40 pounds!

Today was a really tough day for me temptation-wise. One of my coworkers had a birthday today, and there was a large box of chocolate donuts. Somehow, I stayed strong and didn't have any! I was also really craving soda today but didn't give in to that either. I was really proud of myself.

I too try to avoid artificial sweeteners and high fructose corn syrup. Ultimately, I want to stop eating all processed foods.

Good luck to all of you on your quest to eat healthier and feel better!
Old 12-05-2013, 11:47 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Location: I live in the foothills of Maine and near a major river. The area is quiet but we can be in a large city that has everything that you would want to visit. WE're two hours from Old Orchard Beach and it is so beautiful
Thanks to a 36 hour flu I'm down another 5 pounds,254 so I'm slowly getting there. What is a primal diet , I have not heard of it.
Old 01-01-2014, 03:49 AM
Nine Year Member

Hello, I'm back!

Sorry for going awol but christmas festivities and food got in the way.

Anyway, seeing as it's the first day of 2014 I have weighed myself and I am 171 pounds. As this year is my 50th I am determined to become fitter and healthier.

Hayleys Grandmom, hope you are feeling better now. The primal diet is where you eat meat, fish, fruit, veg nuts and seeds, and dairy. They don't eat grains, and as I have trouble eating rice, gluten and oats this is why I chose to eat this way. I checked with my doctor first to make sure that this way of eating is right for me.

Hubby is on board with me now so this will make it easier to menu plan as before i was having to cook pasta etc for his dinner.

Bye for now.
Old 01-01-2014, 07:30 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Good luck to all who are trying to lose
and who are on special foods. I would be lost
without my Oatmeal and Grits. I honestly don't
eat that many potatoes or rice tho' I like both.
Bread use to be one of my loves but as a rule
now only eat wheat bread no white. Happy
New Year to all and God bless
Old 01-11-2014, 01:03 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Hi Ladies I definatly need to join you. Iím not getting the exercise I need and have fallen into bad eating habits again. Iím going to start by being sure I add fruit or veggie to every meal and try some new grains. I am lucky not to have fibro but I do have nerve damage which mimics MS & I have some issues walking & can't swim due to an infected leg right now. I can start being more active here. I just have to make up my mind. Knowing I will be talking to you guys will help motivitate me[/FONT

Old 01-12-2014, 08:57 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Good luck with your eating habits Cau. I have
eaten too many goodies during Thanksgiving, Christmas
and New Years so doing my best now to be a good girl
Old 01-13-2014, 12:59 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I 've been eating what everyone else has but have cut down my portions. I had leftover pizza for breakfast & lunch so no fruit. I didnot over do though.

Old 01-13-2014, 05:50 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Had oatmeal for breakfast boiled egg
sandwich on wheat for lunch and a Bison Burger
for supper and just ate a bowl of fruit, orange,
grapes and part of a melon oh gosh can't
think of the name but it is the pale green one
and bits of pineapple