Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Old 01-09-2010, 10:06 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
My low carbing starts tomorrow - 1/09 --Anyone want to join me?

I'm starting my low carb journey tomorrow. I would love to find a support system again like we had here before.

Is anyone else low carbing? Anyone want to start with me?

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 01-09-2010, 10:50 AM
Welcome Wagon Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I want to and I should, but with all this stress that I am enduring, I might wait until after I move on Monday, again the following week when DH brings me my furniture and then after the trial for custody of my GKs. If I can become inspired, I would like to go ahead and start. My weakness is spicy ramen noodles.

Bobby Labonte Official Page Facebook

FC Welcome Wagon : Need help? New to FC? Just ask me!
Old 01-09-2010, 12:34 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeBora4BobbyL
I want to and I should, but with all this stress that I am enduring, I might wait until after I move on Monday, again the following week when DH brings me my furniture and then after the trial for custody of my GKs. If I can become inspired, I would like to go ahead and start. My weakness is spicy ramen noodles.
I would love to have you join me at any time. Take it easy on yourself until you're settled into your new place.

You already have incredible willpower with all that you're going through.

It's a football playoff day in our house (my dh's team) so there's no low carb food being eaten today.

Visit my blogs **

On Hiatus

Old 01-09-2010, 04:27 PM
Welcome Wagon Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

My DS is an avid, diehard Dallas Cowboys fan so guess what we are watching? LOL

Someone told me that God doesn't give us more than we can handle. I just wish God didn't have so much faith in me. lol

I have been seriously wanting to go back to low carbing and treating my body better. However, my emotional health is more important.

Bobby Labonte Official Page Facebook

FC Welcome Wagon : Need help? New to FC? Just ask me!
Old 01-09-2010, 04:50 PM
Head Moderator

I am low carbing and have been for one year now. I am not as strick as I was the first six months because it caused me other problems. Now my cholesterol is up! So I am trying to balance low carb, low fat, and low sodium! A hard one to do all at once, so I've had to let go with so strict on the carbs, but I think I need to go backwards here a bit, I felt better even if my "numbers" arent all good.

When I was young we used to go "skinny dipping"; now we just "chunky dunk"

“The value of doing something does not lie in the ease or difficulty, the probability or improbability of its achievement, but in the vision, the plan, the determination and the perseverance, the effort and the struggle which go into the project. Life is enriched by aspiration and effort, rather than by acquisition and accumulation.”

― Helen Nearing, The Good Life
Old 01-10-2010, 09:45 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

It's important to remember that numbers are only numbers and are not the same for everyone. Do what you have to do to feel better! It's really hard to go low carb and low fat at the same time. Are you having any luck with this?

Have you looked at the South Beach diet? It wasn't low enough carbs for me to lose weight so maybe some of their recipes would work for you?

We'd still love for you to join us!! I hope that you are feeling better soon!

Visit my blogs **

On Hiatus

Old 01-12-2010, 07:11 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Day 2

It's a beautiful, sunshiny day but still sort of chilly.

I just got home from helping out at school. They are doing assessment testing today so I worked on reading and vocabulary today with the kids. Next week is a short week for them with 2 days off so that will be craft week.

8:00 am - breakfast:

A little cream cheese spread onto 2 thin slices of deli roast beef. Then I cut each slice of meat in 1/2 and wrapped a piece around a dill pickle that was cut into 4 spears.

+ 1 hard boiled egg + 1 cup of hot decaf. tea w/ 1 Sweet n Low

11:00 - snack time

Right now I'm working on a lg. glass of water. The glass holds 3 C. of water. I hope to finish it and wait for a bit to see if I still want a snack right now.

If I still want something, I have celery & ranch dressing and a couple of cheese cubes ready to be eaten.

1:00 lunch

Lunch today is tuna with oil and vinegar + a hard boiled egg. More water to go with it.

I have a slight headache so far but nothing that some Tylenol won't cure.

Until later....have a great day!

Visit my blogs **

On Hiatus

Old 01-12-2010, 10:26 AM
Head Moderator

I can actually have 225 carbs per day which I know is a lot, but when I first started counting them it was horrible to find something to eat! Because of DH's diet we virtually ate a VERY high carb diet! So carbs became my problem! lol
I just try to balance it all out throughout the day and not so much per meal, but I am going to have to do something a little better as I have not lost any more weight in a few months now. Lost 60 in a year and need to do another 20 for now and then will see how it is all going.
Sounds like you are off to a good day! If you don't mind me asking, how many carbs can you have per day or do you do it different?

“The value of doing something does not lie in the ease or difficulty, the probability or improbability of its achievement, but in the vision, the plan, the determination and the perseverance, the effort and the struggle which go into the project. Life is enriched by aspiration and effort, rather than by acquisition and accumulation.”

Old 01-12-2010, 11:29 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I'm following the Atkins induction theory - I say theory because I'm following the guidelines and I use some of their recipes. As long as I stay at the 20 carb a day limit for a while, I will be fine. Atkins says at least 2 weeks to 6 mos. for their induction - depending on how long you want to stay on it ...as long as you are feeling ok.

You did a great job losing 60 lbs!! I know that you can lose the next 20!

I will probably stay on the induction phase for 6 months but after a couple of months, I won't be as strict as I am now. It worked for me before so I'm hoping to see good results this time.

I'm taking it 10 lbs at a time -- with a long way to go. I've found that setting small goals really helps to lift your spirits. If you're having a bad day but then you see that you've lost 10 lbs (of the 50lb that you want to lose), that's a great way to make you smile. Don't forget to reward yourself along the way!! (make it something that is NOT food related!)

Right now I'm feeling sort of crappy -- I think the sugar withdrawals are starting. To be expected ...and I know that it will pass... but it stinks while it's happening.

Visit my blogs **

On Hiatus

Old 01-12-2010, 02:17 PM
Head Moderator

Yeah, I had to start the low carb because my doctor told me in 20 years I would be a diabetic if I didn't change my eating habits now, the weight came off as a result of that. It was such a change to my system that I thought I was diabetic with all the sickness I had at first from the carb withdrawal! Then even for several months I had to have allowable snacks with me all the time for those weird feeling times. FInally got over that and have figured out how and how often I have to eat something. The really weird part is that I eat all the time now! Just small amounts here and there and cannot skip meals any longer. But the weight loss was a good thing because I do feel better with that 60 pounds gone. The biggest problem like I had mentioned is NOW I have to watch all my fat intake so that has made a new challenge trying to go along with the low carb. Working on changing some more recipes to try and tackle both things and I am making some headway, but of course I don't know the true"counts" when I do that---- darn it! lol
So been busy buying new clothes because nothing fits! Just a few here and there so I can dress! lol Fun, fun, fun!!
I'll be watching you here and joining so maybe you can keep me in the right direction!
I have a low carb pizza recipe that is to die for, care to have it?
Oh, and for all you others; there has tp be somebody else low carbing! Join in ----please!