Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Old 02-15-2010, 05:08 PM
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Good evening all!!

Tami, the stress of the snow storms last week, I not only didn't lose anything, I gained my 3 lbs. back - boohoo!! But you did really good. Keep up the good work.

And I got vanilla creme peeps for Valentine's Day. It says that a serving size is 3 of them, with 25 carbs per serving. I have eaten one, just to taste. And they are sooooo gooooood.

I think I need to just compost the rest of that spinach. Put it out of my misery.

Take care all!! Norma
Old 02-22-2010, 12:06 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
Norma, how are you doing? I'm sorry to hear about the 3 lb gain but I'm sure you'll turn that right around and lose it again. I'm sure that I would love the chicks!

It was not a good weekend for us -- my daughter's class is still passing around strep throat, my son is sick and I woke up this morning with a bad stomach virus. I've managed to keep down one Atkins shake today.

I weighed in this morning -- 2 lb weight loss. The total now is 17.5! I'm happy to see the weight loss but it seems like it's taking forever!

I'm heading back to the couch for a bit since these stomach cramps are hurting. Thankfully dinner is soup tonight and it's in the crockpot. All I have to do is cook some elbow mac for the family to add to their soup.

More later......

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 03-01-2010, 04:24 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

A quick note before I leave here this morning....

I weighed in this morning and saw a 3.5lb loss this week!!! That's a grand total of 21 lbs so far!!! Happy! Happy!

I hope that everyone will check in with me today!!

Visit my blogs **

On Hiatus

Old 03-01-2010, 05:40 PM
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Good evening all!!

Tami - the 3 lbs. left again, but it has been a battle to get it off again.

I can't go full tilt at this, because of the diabetes and hypothyroidism, so I am taking it real slow.

But I am down by 26 lbs. at this point, and am pretty much keeping it off. My eating habits have changed.

I made a "ready roaster" Saturday evening, and had it with a sweet potato. Yesterday, I took part of the breast, broth and some more chicken broth from an opened container, added a bag of frozen mixed veggies, a container of mushrooms that I chopped, an onion. Viola, soup. Since I thought I was getting another head cold, it was the perfect meal. I took some of that to work today also.

This evening, I "steamed" one of the thighs and made some green beans to go along. My "snack" was a serving of sugar free chocolate pudding with some light whipped toping.

Got to go. Stay healthy, and keep up the good work.

Norma
Old 03-02-2010, 12:34 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Norma, it sounds like you are eating right on track with what you've posted. Glad to hear that the 3 lbs are gone again. I know what you mean with having thyroid problems. I do, too. Have you found a positive with low carbing having to deal with diabetes?

Visit my blogs **

On Hiatus

Old 03-08-2010, 03:46 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

This Monday started off with a 2 lb weight gain - my first "gain" since starting this journey. It's my t.o.m. so I guess that could be a factor. Either way you look at it, it's still a bummer. I have a bad cramping to go along with it....great.

This week I will focus on smaller portions for my meals and trying to drink more water --two areas where I am really bad at controlling right now. I think that low carbers sometimes fall into the thinking that if something has very few carbs in it, it's ok to eat endless amts. of it....this is not true with many items.

Oh well, time to get dressed. We are still dealing with the after effects of our car wreck. NC laws are down-right goofy. I can't wait for this to be over. (hopefully today!)

Visit my blogs **

On Hiatus

Old 03-15-2010, 08:53 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I have a little bit better results to report than last week. I weighed in today - 3 lbs gone. That's the weight gain from last week + 1 lb. I'll take it!

That's a total of 22 lbs so far.

The only other thing that I am noticing is that for the last 2 months when its "my time of month", I've been getting migraines. When I mentioned it to my doctor last month, she seemed to think that it was just because of the weather and my sinus problems acting up. I don't agree now.

Has anyone heard of having low iron levels having anything to do with migraines -- or women my age (41) having migraines when they have their TOM?

Visit my blogs **

On Hiatus

Old 03-22-2010, 12:20 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

This week I expected to gain weight--and I did--2 lbs. It was a given because I had a high carb weekend ...and I didn't fight it. OMG, have you tried the new All Caramel Milky Way bars?!? These will be the death of me because they are SOOOOO good! I also had a small hot fudge sundae. and a few bites of my kids I thought about it beforehand and decided that I was going to eat this stuff and was not going to feel guilty about it. And so I did and I don't........

I look at it this way, I did it and now I'm determined to go back to low carbing with a fresh new attitude. I can overcome the 2 lbs. I do feel better writing this because I wasn't going to but then I felt guilty about not being honest. (Can we say mind games, here?!?)

Whew!!! I'm back to and eating better today!

BTW, the chocolate bar was SOOO worth it but the ice cream and popcorn I can live without.

Visit my blogs **

On Hiatus