Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Old 01-30-2010, 10:48 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cat lover View Post
Hello! I'm trying to hang in there with this 3 way diet! LOL

Doing pretty good, but at one of those stuck moments! I've been looking through my cookbooks for something to fix differnet. Fixed a baked apple french toast casserole for supper tonight. I can have one piece, because I subbed everywhere I could like splenda brown sugar, egg whites for the whole eggs (for my cholestreol), and I cut in half the topping ingredients as well as the sugar subs. I sure wish there was a way to accurately count the carbs, cholesterol, and all after all the subbing I do! lol Will freeze what DH doesn't eat as I am thinking this would be a nice quickie to pull out of the freezer one day.

I almost forgot! I found sugar free bread and butter chips and spears the other day! And they are yummy! The spears each only have 1 g carbs per spear! They are a Kroger brand, but I also saw somewhere the Mt. Olive brand and now I can't find them!
Are the pickles sweetened with Splenda? Yum! I have a new love in dill pickles.

Wow, baked apple french toast sounds delish! Great for you for changing everything so that you can eat it. Ask your doctor if he/she knows of any groups or books that you could look into that would have some recipe ideas for you. Have you tried the Splenda brown sugar? I've used it before and thought that it was a good sub.

We've been out playing in the snow! My kids had a great time sledding down our hill in the backyard. They don't remember playing in the snow in Pa. I have some pics to post in my album a little later on. That's about the only good thing to come out of this storm. Our streets are covered with ice now and there's a chance of more sleet. My dh is hoping that it will pass so that he can go to work tonight. He's not bothered by any amt. of snow but the ice concerns him. Since he works at night, I don't like the idea of him being out there on icy roads in case something would happen.

The family warmed up after playing outside with hot cocoa and Ramen noodle soup. I warmed up with hot decaf tea and a plate of sauteed green beans and mushrooms with 6 mini turkey meat balls.

We're going to watch "This is It" in just a few minutes.

Stay warm!

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 01-30-2010, 02:33 PM
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Good evening all!!

Tami, I switched to the Splenda brown sugar and I really like it. It is slightly stronger in taste than regular brown sugar. I like the idea of sauted greenbeans and mushrooms.

I am currently eating dinner with a sweet potato with a little of the Splenda brown sugar on that (like they do in restaurants). Yum, and I am having some sliced rotissiairie chicken with it.

I bought some Perdue turkey meatballs the other week when at the store. They were the mini (3/4 oz.) size. 6 would be a good number.

Well ladies, better finish dinner, and then get the dishes done.

Take care all!! Norma
Old 01-30-2010, 03:21 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I bought my turkey meatballs at Aldi. I think that there was 2 or 3 carbs in 6 mini meatballs. Not bad because that filled me up.

I love sweet potatoes but I'm not back to eating them yet.

Just heard on the news that we could get up to another 1/2 inch of ice tonight. That's on top of the inch that we have now + 3 inches of

Good thing that we can just stay inside. My dh is taking the night off instead of trying to take on the icy roads.

Well, I'd better get back to work!

Visit my blogs **

On Hiatus

Old 02-01-2010, 09:11 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Good morning all

I'm home today with kids who are home from school due to a snow day and a with a sick husband . Needless to say, I won't get much computer time this afternoon.

I weighed in this morning - 1.5 lbs loss for the week.

Not what I'd hoped (at least 2 lbs a wk.) but I will take it. I know that I have to cut down on the size of the meals that I eat. Low carb, no carb...still means portion control.

Gotta go for now.

Have a great day!!

Visit my blogs **

On Hiatus

Old 02-07-2010, 04:28 AM
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Good mornign all!!

Tami, how have you been doing this week?

I am doing better than I thought. I have been stuck at 23 lbs. loss for quite some time. But I weighed in this morning, and I am happy that there is another 3 lbs. off. So I am down by 26!!!

Being snowed in, I was worried that temptation would overtake me, but I was just fine. Hopefully, the guy who is coming to dig me out has gotten a good night's sleep and will make short work of getting me out. My front door is totally snowed in and the lower storm door panel shattered upon opening the door yesterday. There will be some plastic and duck tape on that panel, once I can open the door and get the rest of the broken glass out of it. Some of it landed on my carpet inside and I had to make sure to get every bit of it quickly, to keep the cat from stepping in it.

Better go for now. Take care - Norma
Old 02-07-2010, 08:23 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Sorry to hear about your door, Norma. My dh tells us stories of how he would have to crawl out of a window when he was young to make his way through the snow to clear off their doorstep. We lucked out and didn't get any more snow, just rain--lots of it.

Way to go on the weight loss!!! It's such a great feeling to overcome a stall!!!

I'm hanging in there. I put on a pair of jeans yesterday that was pretty snug. I can wear them again comfortably but they are not loose yet. I weigh in tomorrow. Hopefully I'll beat the 1. 5 lbs from last week.

I'm taking my daughter to see "The Tooth Fairy" in just a bit instead of watching the Super Bowl hype. I'd better get my butt in gear and get ready to go!

Talk to ya later..... Keep up the great work!!!!

Visit my blogs **

On Hiatus

Old 02-08-2010, 03:11 PM
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Good evening all!!

Tami - how did you do?

No matter what, please know that I am pulling for you.

Take care - Norma
Old 02-08-2010, 06:11 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Hi Norma,

I weighed in this morning---2.5 lbs loss! That brings the total to 14 lbs!

Thank you so much for your support! It means so much to me!!

Visit my blogs **

On Hiatus

Old 02-11-2010, 03:38 PM
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Good evening all!!

Tami- I knew you would do it. It just takes sticking to your goals.

Now that the blizzards are over, and I can get back to a regular schedule (regular sleep patterns, meals at the right time), I will be able to be better.

I had some Bird's Eye frozen spinach this evening that is so bitter. Do you know of a way to take that out of it? I have quite a bit left over, don't want to waste it, but didn't like it either. And I love spinach. I think it is the variety, because most of their spinach doesn't taste like this.

Remember to keep a balance in the rest of your life also. Stress will keep the weight on also.

Take care and great going. Norma
Old 02-15-2010, 04:15 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Not sure with the spinach. I always spinkle a little vinegar over my spinach but that won't help with the bitterness. lol

I weighed in this morning - I've lost another 1.5 lbs this week. I was sort of wondering what the scales would read because I indulged in some low carb ice cream for Valentine's Day...and it was so good!

I will have to catch up on things later on. I just got a call from my daughter's teacher asking if I could come in to help out since her assistant is out sick today. I love spending time in her classroom.

Have a great day everyone!

Visit my blogs **

On Hiatus