Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Old 01-17-2010, 01:17 PM
Welcome Wagon Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajrsmom
I am writing down my menus. If I make a new recipe, I post it on my blog (the link is in my siggy line). I've been posting my dinner menus there, too.

What Atkins stuff are you looking for? The only things that I can find at Walmart so far is the drinks and the bars.

I don't use too many other Atkins brand things.
I thought you did cooking and such with Atkins' flour or other similar products. I am like you, the only things I can find are bars and drinks, both I dislike.

I will try to check your blogs as soon as I get time, whatever that is. LOL

Bobby Labonte Official Page Facebook

FC Welcome Wagon : Need help? New to FC? Just ask me!
Old 01-17-2010, 08:10 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
Nope, I don't use Atkins "CarbQuik" or whatever it's called. I don't eat breaded food or use any flour right now. Atkins has a thickener product that I might try out later on but not any time soon.

I have used ground pork rinds in meatloaf as a filler instead of bread crumbs. I like the spicy pork rinds in it.

I've used Heinz low carb ketchup. It's good. I've eaten low carb tortillas -- have to watch because I can get hooked on those! Blue Bunny LC ice cream is to die for when you need ice cream!! lol!

I won't even go near this stuff until I'm at least a month in, so I have a while to go.

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 01-17-2010, 08:12 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Quote:
Nope, I don't use Atkins "CarbQuik" or whatever it's called. I don't eat breaded food or use any flour right now. Atkins has a thickener product that I might try out later on but not any time soon.

I have used ground pork rinds in meatloaf as a filler instead of bread crumbs. I like the spicy pork rinds in it.

I've used Heinz low carb ketchup. It's good. I've eaten low carb tortillas -- have to watch because I can get hooked on those! Blue Bunny LC ice cream is to die for when you need ice cream!! lol!

I won't even go near this stuff until I'm at least a month in, so I have a while to go.
I just checked, Atkins doesn't make CarbQuik, another company does. They have their own brand, though.

Visit my blogs **

On Hiatus

Old 01-23-2010, 03:41 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

How is everyone?

I'm nearing my two week weigh in. (Monday!)

I'm actually sleeping a little better now that I've cut out the sugar and starting to lose the weight.

Has anyone started feeling worn out once you started taking vitamins? I swear, now that I'm taking a multi vitamin, I feel sort of worn out.

I hope that you will check in to let me know how things are going.

I'm going to try a low carb dessert tonight. I will post it if it turns out good. (yes, I know that there is supposed to be no desserts until you're out of induction but I look at it this way.... The dessert is totally low carb with only 2 carbs in it and it sure beats eating a dessert from Dairy Queen with the rest of the family.) I think that I will be ok with it.

Visit my blogs **

On Hiatus

Old 01-23-2010, 03:44 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I found this on the 'Net tonight

Only One Pound

Hello, do you know me?

If you don't, you should. I'm a pound of fat,
And I'm the HAPPIEST pound of fat that you would ever want to meet.

Want to know why?

It's because no one ever wants to lose me;
I'm ONLY ONE POUND, just a pound!

Everyone wants to lose three pounds, five pounds, or fifteen pounds, but never only one.

So I just stick around and happily keep you fat.

Then I add to myself, ever so slyly, so that you never seem to notice it.

That is, until I've grown to ten, twenty, thirty or even more pounds in weight.

Yes, it's fun being ONLY ONE POUND OF FAT, left to do as I please.

So, when you weigh in, keep right on saying, "Oh, I only lost one pound."

For you see, if you do this, you'll encourage others to keep me around because they'll think I'm not worth losing.

And, I love being around you - your arms, your legs, your chin, your hips and every part of you.

Happy Days!!!

After all, I'm ONLY ONE POUND OF FAT!!!

- Author Unknown

Visit my blogs **

On Hiatus

Old 01-23-2010, 04:42 PM
Head Moderator

Sorry I've been missing! I'm still trying the balance between all three things I have to watch now! lol Still doing pretty good for the most part. I wish I could have just stayed with the low carb and not worried about the low fat and low sodium. I never thought I would say it, but the low carb wasn't bad now that I compare it to all three! lol

I use the bought bottled water and add the individual packs I get at Dollar General to flavor the water with. Wyler's Light is the one I use the most, sugar free-caffeine free- 5 calories per pack. There are 8 or 10 in a box for a $1.00. They also carry some Hawaiian Punch Flavors too.

Saw an interesting thing on a show today, a guy was talking to his doctor and the doctor asked him how he was doing. The guy said " I went off my diet today", the doctor said something like you never say that; you don't call it a diet; it is a life change. So you just pick back up and start again! I liked that response! lol Doing fairly well with all the changes.

You asked about being tired all the time. I take multi- vitamins plus other herbs on a daily basis per my doctor and I feel more tired now then before I did! Oh, I also take 3 cinnamon capsules per day (not on a empty stomach), it helps with your blood sugar; I also at least double the cinnamon when I am cooking!

When I was young we used to go "skinny dipping"; now we just "chunky dunk"

“The value of doing something does not lie in the ease or difficulty, the probability or improbability of its achievement, but in the vision, the plan, the determination and the perseverance, the effort and the struggle which go into the project. Life is enriched by aspiration and effort, rather than by acquisition and accumulation.”

― Helen Nearing, The Good Life
Old 01-23-2010, 08:06 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat lover
Sorry I've been missing! I'm still trying the balance between all three things I have to watch now! lol Still doing pretty good for the most part. I wish I could have just stayed with the low carb and not worried about the low fat and low sodium. I never thought I would say it, but the low carb wasn't bad now that I compare it to all three! lol

I use the bought bottled water and add the individual packs I get at Dollar General to flavor the water with. Wyler's Light is the one I use the most, sugar free-caffeine free- 5 calories per pack. There are 8 or 10 in a box for a $1.00. They also carry some Hawaiian Punch Flavors too.

Saw an interesting thing on a show today, a guy was talking to his doctor and the doctor asked him how he was doing. The guy said " I went off my diet today", the doctor said something like you never say that; you don't call it a diet; it is a life change. So you just pick back up and start again! I liked that response! lol Doing fairly well with all the changes.

You asked about being tired all the time. I take multi- vitamins plus other herbs on a daily basis per my doctor and I feel more tired now then before I did! Oh, I also take 3 cinnamon capsules per day (not on a empty stomach), it helps with your blood sugar; I also at least double the cinnamon when I am cooking!
When I go to the doc. to get my bloodwork for my thyroid, I'll ask about the vitamins and being tired.

I love cinnamon and always double it in recipes, too. I didn't know that it was good for controlling blood sugar.

When I first started reading about low carbing I saw that Atkins preaches that it is not a diet, it is a life style change. I can atest to that. I've done the low carbing before, then stopped and went back to regular food, only to gain the weight back. It doesn't work.

I'm determined to lose it this time for good. I know that once I hit my final goal, I will occasionally eat "other" foods but I'm hoping never to return to the weight that I'm at now.

My kids like to use those packets that you mentioned. My son takes them for lunch with his water bottle. We only allow the sugar-free kind.

I can only imagine that you are having a hard time with watching all of the counts that you are watching. It's incredible that you are doing such a great job!

Determination....that's what's going to get us through!!

Visit my blogs **

On Hiatus

Old 01-25-2010, 07:44 AM
One Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Low carbing is the only diet that has ever worked for me. I plan on getting back on LC next week - I just don't have the money this week to buy all of the extra stuff I need to get started.
Old 01-25-2010, 08:58 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Welcome!

I agree that low carbing takes a little more money that usual because of the fresh vegetables and meats that you need to eat.

I don't buy into a lot "extras" that they sell. I do have Atkins drinks on hand for those times that I'm not able to fix a meal or for when I run breakfast into lunch because I'm not home...etc.

I hope that you will join us!!

~*~*~*~*~*~

It's weigh in day for me....

When I weighed in this morning, my total loss for two weeks is 10 lbs!

I plan on continuing the 20 carb a day limit. I will start to add some things like natural peanut butter or some nuts into my meals/snacks. Within the next month or so I might add low carb tortillas. Portion control is the key here.

I would like to maintain a 2 lb. a week weight loss.

I'm looking into a place for me to start walking again. There's a small gym behind our apartment complex. They used to open it up to residents for walking. I want to see if the place is still doing this. I'm also looking into buying a Wii Fit Plus. I'm not really ready to join Curves again but as a last resort, I might.

I made a delicious low carb meal last night if you are looking for new ideas: Tami's Kitchen Table Talk: Low Carb Cheesey Bacon Chicken w/ Fauxtatoes

Have a great day everyone!

Visit my blogs **

On Hiatus

Old 01-25-2010, 09:11 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Quote:

I'm taking it 10 lbs at a time -- with a long way to go. I've found that setting small goals really helps to lift your spirits. If you're having a bad day but then you see that you've lost 10 lbs (of the 50lb that you want to lose), that's a great way to make you smile. Don't forget to reward yourself along the way!! (make it something that is NOT food related!)
I've reached my first mini goal of -10lbs!

My reward to me is going to be new eyeshadow and blush.

Visit my blogs **

On Hiatus