Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Old 05-15-2006, 06:05 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Help, I need some Low Carb Crockpot recipes

I need to feed my daughter and her dad plus myself because her dad and are will be working things out and will be a family again, so I need some recipes where I'm not cooking two separate meals. It was okay when it was just Lea and myself but now it's gonna be two that eat regular meals and one lcer. Any ideals or recipes???
Old 05-15-2006, 06:38 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
Leasmom, I am so happy to see you back with us again! I have been thinking of you lately and wondering if you were still low-carbing.

That is wonderful news about your family!

I think that I have some meals saved from before. I will take a look for them and post them when I get a minute later today. Have you been to MomsMenu.com? --It's FC's sister site. There are some low carb recipe posted over there too.

What do you think of me starting another low-carb thread again for everyone? I have been putting if off starting back again and again. Have you stayed with it since you started a long time ago? If so, it must be natural for you now.

I'll post more later.......

Tami

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 05-15-2006, 07:30 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Yes, never stopped. I get in trouble though trying to be polite at his mothers house. Despite telling her that I can't eat certain things, she considers it an insult not to eat her food. But, other than that, I'm doing fine. I may have to send her something on Low Carb so she understands I can't eat food with gravy, flour, sugar, and cakes and cookies.

I am excited about this but Lea hates the whole thing, but she is afraid he's gonna step in the way of our time together. I think she'll get used to everything. I'll check out that website. THanks.
Old 05-21-2006, 12:56 PM
Welcome Wagon Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Lea, I make pork or beef roast in my crockpot all the time. I just put the roast in, add my favorite seasonings, and after a few hours, viola--meat you don't have to cut with a knife. You could add any veggies that you want as well. It goes a far way at my house.

Bobby Labonte Official Page Facebook

FC Welcome Wagon : Need help? New to FC? Just ask me!
Old 05-21-2006, 01:27 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

"What a crock!"

I have an enormous library of low-carb recipes (I do a chat on this subject every Thursday night on AOL!). My file of crockpot recipes has around 30 recipes in it, so please narrow this down a bit. Whatcha looking for? Chicken, beef, pork, brunch, other? I'll start you off with two of my favorites and as for the rest, ask and ye shall receive!

Tamara's Crockpot Pepperoni Pizza Meatloaf
1 lb. ground beef
1 lb. ground mild Italian sausage

2 eggs
3 Tb. pizza sauce

Italian Seasoning, to taste
Garlic Salt, to taste

fresh ground pepper, to taste
1/4 cup or so, of crushed pork rinds

cup or so, grated mozzarella cheese
16 or so, slices pepperoni

In a large bowl, mix together ground beef, sausage, eggs, pizza sauce,
seasonings, and crushed pork rinds

(I use my hands, blends all theseasonings and fillers together better... blend the meat, eggs, and pizza sauce together first, then add the seasonings, then add the pork rinds till the texture is right).
Divide the meat mixture into two balls, one a little larger than the other (about 1/3 to 2/3rds).
On a piece of wax paper, form the smaller portion into a big patty about an inch thick and 6ish or so inches across.

Depress a little bit of a well in the center, and add a big
handful of mozzarella cheese on top of the patty.
Next, take the bigger portion and patty out in your hands a big patty as well.

Put it on top of the cheese topped patty, and seal the edges to form a giant, round, cheese-stuffed meatloaf.
Put the meatloaf into your crockpot (on a rack, if you have one for your
crockpot).
Spread a little bit of pizza sauce on top of the meatloaf, then cover the top with the pepperoni slices in a slightly overlapping spiral(like a pizza).

Sprinkle a little more mozzarella on top.
Cook on high for 4 hours, or low for 8.

Just before eating, I took the meatloaf out of the crock, put it on an oven-safe plate, put a little more cheese on top, then placed it under the broiler for a little browned cheese topping.

You could skip that part if you want.
Cut it in 'pie wedges' and serve.
I served it with mashed "potatoes" (cauliflower) and green beans.

*A "meatloaf in a crockpot trick": when your meatloaf is almost as big
around as your crockpot, it can be hard to lower and lift it in and out of
the crock.

Try this: tear off 1-inch to 1-1/2-inch wide pieces of foil.
Arrange them in a 'spoke' fashion.

Place the meatloaf in the center of the'spoke'.
Lift up the edges of the foil to the top of the meatloaf, then use them as a handle to 'lift' the meatloaf into the crock. Works pretty good!

I'm sure you could easily adapt this recipe to a regular meatloaf pan...
just make it oblong instead of round.
And probably cooks at about 350 for an hour or so... consult your cookbook for basic cooking temp and time for a meatloaf.
<the end>

Southwestern Style Sausage, Egg & Cheese Breakfast Casserole
This is my Xmas Morning recipe, EVERY year. I have family coming over to open gifts and I serve this one-pot brunch. I cook the various ingredients ahead and then before going to bed, toss it all into the crockpot. Add some some low-carb muffins and Diet V-8 Splash for the LCers, a regular coffee cake and OJ for the non-LCers, put up a po of coffee... and Voila!... it is the easiest no-work brunch!
18 eggs
1 small can green Ortega chilis
1 lb. cooked breakfast sausage
2 1/2 C grated Monterey Jack or Pepper Jack cheese
1 med. onion, diced
1 green pepper, diced
1 tsp. butter
Serves 10
Grease crock with butter.
Starting with sausage, layer meat, chilis, onions, peppers and cheese, repeating the layering process until all ingredients are used and ending with a layer of cheese.
Beat eggs, then pour over mixture in the slow cooker.
Cover and turn on low.
Cook for 7-8 hours.
Serve with sour cream and fresh salsa.

<the end>

Rani
Old 05-22-2006, 11:12 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Lea..Congrats on your family situtation and sticking to your diet.

Have you tried crockpot.com?

Good Luck and happy eating!

Debbie

Old 05-22-2006, 03:49 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

no, I never heard of Crockpot.com. I'll check it out.

I thank you for those recipes, they look good.
Old 05-22-2006, 06:26 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
kasparcat, do you have the carb count on your recipes? The first one sounds really good.

I would love to see more along the lines of the meat and also one pot meals. Desserts too!

Thanks Tami

Im not sure if I deleted my low carb files in a fit of rage or what I did with them. I cant find them. I am planning on starting strong June 1. I will see you there!!!

Tami

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 06-08-2006, 03:41 PM
Head Moderator

Here is a site that has seveal recipes; maybe they will have some you like!

LOW CARB CROCK POT RECIPES

When I was young we used to go "skinny dipping"; now we just "chunky dunk"

“The value of doing something does not lie in the ease or difficulty, the probability or improbability of its achievement, but in the vision, the plan, the determination and the perseverance, the effort and the struggle which go into the project. Life is enriched by aspiration and effort, rather than by acquisition and accumulation.”

― Helen Nearing, The Good Life
Old 01-25-2010, 07:54 AM
One Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Something I really like in the crockpot is chicken breast with a bottle of Italian Dressing. it is sooo good. You can eat the chicken like that for dinner or shred it up and make chicken salad. Very yummy