Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Old 01-01-2005, 08:35 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
chuckle Welcome to our low-carb home, Part2--- Happy New Year!!!

Hello fellow low-carbers!! Its time to put away all of the excuses since the holidays are over....boy, did I come up with some good ones too!

Its roll call time.......

Who will be joining me again this year???

Im back at it first thing tomorrow morning.

Starting induction all over again.

Hope to talk to all of you real soon!!

Tami

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 01-02-2005, 05:47 AM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Hi Tami

I am ready to join you in the new year...

The good news is that when I was so sick I lost about 10 lbs..the bad news is that after they corrected my health problems they fed me so good in the hospital (even though it was low fat, low carb and no salt added)..that I gained it all back...

so here goes again....
Old 01-02-2005, 06:36 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Im just glad to hear that you are feeling better. You can tackle that 10 lbs no problem!!

Well, I started today off on the wrong foot. My DH hit me with some bad news when he came in the door from work this morning. They screwed up the computer work at his job and now it looks like he isnt going to get paid for working 3 days this past week! I was so upset that I grabbed a piece of cold pizza and ate it without even thinking about it. When I realized what I had done, I felt even worse.

I'm not stopping though..... I'll start for lunch and go from there.

Visit my blogs **

On Hiatus

Old 01-02-2005, 06:49 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Hi Tami, I hear you about DH not getting paid. Mine hasn't gotten his check yet either. And I have been making excuses too. I have to wait until he does get paid to start again. So I can buy groceries. But as soon as he does get paid I plan to do the first two weeks over again. And just try to not eat so many carbs.
I am a little nervous about doing the two weeks again. Not that it was so hard, just that I was so energized to do it the first time and I have hardly any of that this time. I am sure once I start losing the weight again I will feel better about it. LOL. Have a great day all.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Old 01-02-2005, 07:59 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Hi Emmalee, I completely understand about not have the "umph" to do this again. Im in the same boat. I do remeber how great I felt after the first week or so, how much energy I had and how I finally could get rid of some of my really fat jeans!! Im holding onto that thought and hoping it will motivate me!!

One hint that I know really works is to take pictures of yourself before and a lot during your weight loss. I have one picture of me when I first started this and I could just cry looking at it. I keep it to remind me to never, ever go back.

I'll be taking pictures tomorrow when my DH is home so that he can do it. I dont put them on the frig or anything but I do keep them handy.

When I get really bold, Ill post them on here---but that's a long time away, lol!!!

WE CAN DO THIS!!!

Visit my blogs **

On Hiatus

Old 01-03-2005, 04:48 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Good Morning Everyone

Today will be my first real day back on induction. Yesterday was a total flop because you cant eat low carb if you dont have food in the house.

I thought I'd post this link to this suggestion of "breaking a stall". Since we've all been there, I thought some might find this a handy trick. It did work for me the last time.

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=224176

Well, Im off to cook some scrambled eggs for breakfast and then Im headed out to go grocery shopping.

Its raining cats and dogs here but since its still 55* out, Im not really complaining.....it could be snow!

Have a great day!!

Tami

Visit my blogs **

On Hiatus

Old 01-05-2005, 04:49 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Hi Everyone, Just poppin' in to see what you're all up to.....

Today was my first real day back. Im still living, lol! Im craving everything!!

Im still trying to get back to feeling ok again. I've been sick since Christmas Eve so its getting a little old now.

Hopefully the vitamins and stuff will kick in and help.

I go for bloodwork for my thyroid tomorrow. They will check my cholesteral and everything. Im really hoping that I havent gained since I was there the last time.

We've started cleaning out the house for our move. I hate to admit it but Im such a pack rat! There is a lot of work ahead. Im making good use of the FREECYCLES sites in our area. I've given away a good bit of stuff so far. Someone else is coming for more stuff tomorrow.

I'd better end for now.

Hope you're all doing fine!!

Tami

Visit my blogs **

On Hiatus

Old 01-11-2005, 02:36 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

H-E-L-L-O!!!! ( she yells)

Where is everyone????

We had such a great energetic group going before the holidays........come back!!! I need you!!!

Visit my blogs **

On Hiatus

Old 01-12-2005, 05:09 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

ajrsmom, I'm here. JUst really busy. I started the induction over to give me a kick start. I plan to weigh in two weeks. I weighed in Monday that is when I started. Now I wont because it will drive me insane if I weigh everyday. It is harder this time then it was when I first started Atkins last January. But I know this works and plan to stick with it.

Last night I had for dinner. A baked chicken breast (boneless, skinless) 1/2 cauliflower also baked with the chicken. On a bed of lettuce. It was very good. I just need to get used to eating that way again.

This morning it was a sausage patty and one egg. Don't know about lunch or dinner. I will most likly be having a lot of chicken.LOL

HAve a great day. (((((HUGS)))))

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Old 01-13-2005, 03:59 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Hi Everyone!

Wow, I've been away a long time!

I'm still low carbing! I've lost 157 pounds. I exercise 8 hours a week - I run 3 miles Mon, Wed and Fri, then I do 1 hour of weight training on those 3 days, then I do a 1 hour muscle toning class on Tue and Thur. I feel so much better! I went from a size 28 (tight) to a 16, and they are getting loose!

My dh loves the way I look. I want to loose another 60 pounds or so.

Carol