Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Old 03-19-2005, 02:56 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Quick Microwave Breakfast Quiche

Quick Breakfast Microwave Quiche

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In a microwave safe bowl, mix the following:

2 eggs
3 Tb heavy cream
S & P to taste
addins: diced veggies, shredded cheese, various meats
Microwave at full power for 2 minutes and then at 50% power for 8-10minutes. Allow to stand for 5-10 minutes before serving.

*** I made this yesterday morning for Kent's breakfast....

I beat 3 eggs in a bowl, added the heavy cream and some salt & pepper.. I used a 7x7 corell dish instead of a small bowl.. I sprayed the dish with Pam, then tossed some diced green & red peppers, green onions, leftover sausage, shredded cheddar cheese & some broccoli in the bottom of the dish. Then I poured the egg mixture over the top. Microwave uncovered for 2 mins on high then 8 mins on 50% power. Came out perfect and was enough for 2 breakfasts for him. To make for me, I'd probably use some sausage or ham and some crumbled bacon and cheese. (Not a big cooked veggie eater!!)

Pampered Chef Senior Consultant
Stacia's Kookin Korner

http://www.pamperedchef.biz/staciaskookinkorner

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord,"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11
Old 03-19-2005, 03:08 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Roast Sticky Chicken

This is totally delicious!!!!!! I didn't use a whole chicken but fryer parts and I baked it in the oven b/c I wanted the skin to be crispy!!

Crockpot Roast Sticky Chicken
4 tsp. salt
2 tsp. paprika
1 tsp. cayenne pepper
1 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. thyme
1 tsp. white pepper
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1 large roasting chicken
(NOTE: I didn't have any white pepper so i used a total of 1 tsp. black pepper instead)

In a small bowl, thoroughly combine all the spices. Remove giblets from chicken, clean the cavity well and pat dry with paper towels. Rub the spice mixture into the chicken, both inside and out, making sure it is evenly distributed and down deep into the skin. Place in a resealable plastic bag, seal and refrigerate overnight. When ready to cook, put the bird into the crockpot and do not add any liquid. As the cooking process goes on it will
produce it's own juices. Cook on low 8 - 10 hours and it will be falling off the bone tender.

* I baked mine on sprayed cookie sheets at 350 for about 30 mins. Oh were they sooo good!!!

Stacia's Kookin Korner

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord,"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11
Old 03-19-2005, 03:16 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Stacia

Wow thanks for all the great recipes!!! They all look so good. Who ever thought you could do so much with pork rinds!!!

Congrats on losing the weight!!!!

Hugs Debbie

Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 03-19-2005, 03:20 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Jambalaya

FOR LOW CARB OMIT FLOUR AND RICE, with out flour it will be soupy, but still good

1 TB olive oil ----0 carbs
1 TB butter ----0 carbs
1 lb boneless chicken - diced --- 0 carbs
3/4 lb of sausage, polish , italian or andouille -casing removed , diced----2 carbs
1 medium YELLOW onion --9 carbs, ---- do half onion for only 4 carbs
2 sticks of celery -- 1.5 carbs each, so 3 carbs
1 green bell pepper--- 9 carbs --- do half for only 4 carbs
1 bay leaf---- 1 carb
several splashes of cayenne pepper sauce, (durkee red-hot)--- 1 carb
1 14oz can of diced tomatoes in juice, -- search for lowest carbs for brand---- approx 10 carbs
1 14 oz can of chicken stock or broth--- 0 carb
1 ts cumin -- 1 carb
1 ts poultry seasoning--- 1 carb
1 ts chili powder--- 1carb
1 ts worcestershire sauce ---2 carbs
1 lb medium shrimp----0 carbs

ADD RICE TO YOUR FAMILIES PLATES, IF THEY ARE NOT LOWCARBING

Use LG skillet over medium heat . add oil and butter to the pan. cube chicken and place in hot oil and butter. Brown for 3 minutes. add sausage , and cook 2 minutes more. Add onion , celery, and bell pepper and BAY, and cayenne pepper, or cayenne pepper sauce.

saute' veggies 5 minutes, stir in tomatoes and broth and season with cumin , chili, poultry seasoning , and worcestshire. Bring liquids to a boil and add shrimp.

Simmer shrimp 5 minutes untill pink and firm. remove the pot from the heat and place on a trivet. ladel jambalaya into shallow bowls AND ENJOY ... for tasty treat sprinkle with scallions.

I added 1 carb to all seasonings just incase, but I believe they are carbless=========40 carbs for the whole meal, if you only did half of the onion and bell pepper , it would be 34 for whole meal. You wont eat whole meal, and even if you ate half thAT would be 15 carbs, and I know you wont eat half, at least I don’t think

I used Cheddar Jalepeno Smoked Sausage & the tiny shrimp that comes in a can like tuna. I also used diced tomatoes that had green chilis in it ~~ well, the Jalepeno sausage & the chili tomatoes mixed with the rest of the spicy seasoning made this REALLY SPICY!! Hubby about cried!! LOL Didn't even take those two things into consideration! So remember that.. but he really loved it once I toned it down some.

Stacia's Kookin Korner

Old 03-19-2005, 03:25 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Biscuits (1 Carb) & Sausage Gravy!! For real!!!

Low Carb Biscuits-(1 carb per biscuit)

1 cup Atkins Baking mix
1 1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
2 tablespoons veg. oil
2 eggs beaten
4 ounces heavy cream
3 tsp. Splenda
All purpose flour for dusting
Butter, to spread over the tops of the biscuits

In a large bowl, mix the Atkins Baking Mix with the baking powder. In another bowl combine the veg. oil, eggs, heavy cream and splenda together. Pour a little at a time the egg mixture, stirring to blend all of the ingredients. Gather the dough together and dust your flat surface with flour. Knead a few minutes. Flatten and using a biscuit cutter* cut the biscuits out and place on a lightly greased-(unless using a non-stick baking pan)-pan. Bake at 350 degrees 15 to 20 minutes until brown. Spread butter on top of the biscuits.

* An easy biscuit cutter is to take an empty can and punch holes at the top. Flour the inside to use.

Sausage Gravy:
1/2 roll sausage meat
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup water -- -if needed
salt and pepper -- to taste

Crumble sausage into a saucepan and brown/cook all the way through. Add seasonings and cream. Bring to a boil to thicken. If it gets too thick –add some water as needed.

4 carbs per serving.

We haven't tried this yet but it will definitely be one that I try soon!!!!! We love biscuits & gravy!!!!

Stacia's Kookin Korner

Old 03-19-2005, 03:29 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

French Toast

Now I know this sounds really gross but I've had several ppl tell me that it's really good!! I'm working up the nerve to try it this week lol

DebK~ hi! I've always loved pork rinds even when I was a kid but who knew!!! LOL

Wont Believe its pork rinds - French Toast

Heat small amount of oil or butter in frying pan. Mix all ingredients well & add pork rinds, allow mixture to stand 5 minutes until a gloppy consistancy. Drop by 1/4 cup onto hot frying pan, cook on both side until golden brown. Serve with your favorite low carb syrup.
1.5oz of pulverized reg pork rinds
2 eggs beaten
1/4 cup heavy cream
3 packets splenda
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Nutmeg
1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
1/2 cup water

Stacia's Kookin Korner

Old 03-19-2005, 04:18 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Chicken Recipes

ROLLED MOZZARELLA CHICKEN

3 boneless chicken breasts
2 slices ham lunchmeat
2 oz. mozzarella (I like to use swiss ~ makes it like Chicken Cordon Bleu!!)
crushed pork rinds
3 T grated Parmesan
Preheat oven to 350. Mix rinds and parmesan. Pound chicken breasts flat. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, garlic & onion powder. Place 1/2 slice ham and some mozzarella on each breast. Roll up and dip in rind-parmesan mixture. Place in baking dish seam down, and bake 20-25 minutes. (Total 2.6 carbs. Serves 3 @ .9 ea).

TENDER BAKED TACO CHICKEN

3/4 cups pork rinds (crumbs)
1 pkg. taco seasoning mix
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/2 cup mayonnaise
Combine pork rind crumbs and seasoning mix. Coat chicken with mayonnaise then crumb mixture. Arrange chicken on foil lined baking sheet. Bake at 425~ for 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned and tender. Makes 4 servings

PEPPER JACK STUFFED CHICKEN
Ready in 45 minutes or less

2 ounces of pepper jack cheese
2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
1 teas Mexican or taco seasoning
1 tbsp veg oil
Cut cheese into two 2 1/4 by 1 inch by 3/4 inch strips. Flatten
chicken
to 1/4 inch thickness. Place a strip of cheese down the center of each
breast half. Fold chicken over cheese and secure with toothpicks. Rub
Mexican seasoning over chicken.
In large skillet brown chicken in veg oil. Transfer into greased
baking
dish and back uncovered at 350 for 25-30 minutes until chicken juices
run clear. Discard toothpicks. 2 servings

*** My kids love these chicken skewers!!!

Golden Oriental Sesame Chicken Skewers

½ c honey
¼ c orange juice
2 Tb soy sauce
1 envelope Good Season’s Oriental Sesame Salad Dressing Mix
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, each cut lengthwise into strips
20 wooden skewers

Mix honey, oj, soy sauce and salad dressing mix in lg bowl. Reserve ¼ c of the dressing mixture; refrigerate. Add chicken to remaining dressing mixture; toss to coat. Marinate in fridge for 1-4 hrs. Drain: discard dressing mixture. Thread a wooden or metal skewer through each strip. Broil 4 inches from heat 9--10 mins or until chicken is cooked, turning and brushing frequently with reserved ¼ c dressing mixture. Discard any remaining mixture.

Serves 20 - 3 g carbs each

Leftover Chicken and Broccoli with Cheese Sauce

Cooked chicken cut into bite size pieces (2 breasts)
1 1/2 cups of partially steamed frozen, or fresh, broccoli
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
salt
pepper

Put cut up chicken in a small casserole. Then put the broccoli on top of the chicken. In a small saucepan, heat cream, with salt and pepper to your taste, until it bubbles. Then add 1 cup of the cheddar cheese. Stir until melted, and pour cheese sauce over the chicken and broccoli. Then top the casserole with the remaining cheddar cheese. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes uncovered. Let stand for 5 minutes, and enjoy.

Stacia's Kookin Korner

Old 03-19-2005, 04:26 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

More recipes!!!

Breadless Cheesy Chicken Bacon Wrap

6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 pound package of uncooked bacon
Emeril's Asian Essence Spice (or any spice you like really)
3/4 cup Carb Options Double Cheddar Sauce (or you can use any other low carb cheese sauce, or regular cheese - your choice)
Bacon Bits

(You can do this on either a baking sheet or in a baking dish - up to you. Personally, I've been using a foil lined baking sheet for easier cleanup. )
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. 2. Wrap each chicken breast with 2 slices of bacon by simply winding the bacon around the breast. 1 pound package usually covers about 6 breasts. 3. Lightly sprinkle Emeril's Asian Essence over each of the chicken wraps. Feel free to use your own favorite spice if you'd like. 4. Bake for 45 minutes at 400 degrees.
5. Remove from oven and spoon 2 tablespoons of cheese sauce over each of the wraps.
6. Lightly sprinkle with bacon bits.
7. Bake for an additional 10-15 minutes.
Remove from oven and serve. Serves 6.

Carb Count - 1.3 net carbs per serving

4 oz softened cream cheese
4 eggs
1/3 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
1 tbs chives
1/2 tsp Italian or pizza seasoning
2 cups shredded cheese (I use mozzarella/cheddar mix)
1/2 tsp wet garlic or 1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/2 cup lowest carb tomato or pizza sauce
1 cup mozzarella cheese
Toppings to taste (I use pepperoni, sausage, onion, green pepper, mushrooms, whatever!)

Preheat oven to 375.
Beat together cream cheese and eggs till smooth (I use a blender).
Add cream, parmesan cheese and spices. Spray 13x9 glass baking dish with PAM.
Put 2 cups of shredded cheese in dish and pour egg mixture over. Bake at 375 for 30-35 minutes. Remove from oven. Spread with sauce and then add your toppings.
Cover with mozzarella cheese. Bake till browning and bubbly (or however you like your 'za!) Let stand for 5 minutes or so.

Bronzed Chicken

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp salt (I probably used about 1/4)
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/4 cup melted butter

mix all spices
dip chicken in butter then in mixed spices and fry in butter or olive oil (i used the oil)
chicken should have bronzed appearance

Ranch Chicken

4-5 Boneless Chicken Breasts
1 pkg. Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing (Buttermilk)
1/2-1 lb. Bacon
2 c. Mixed Shredded Cheese

Arrange chicken breasts at bottom of casserole dish. Sprinkle dressing packet on top. Lay bacon across to cover all and top with cheese. Bake covered at 350 for 45 min. Remove foil and bake open for an additional 15 min.

Approx. 3g per serving. Induction safe
*** I tried this 'as is' but didn't like it. I think I would mix the dressing up as pkg directions or mix with mayo then coat the chicken in it (dipping chicken in mayo makes the chicken really juicy!!), then continue with the bacon & cheese.

Quick & Easy Spicy CHicken

boneless, skinless chicken breast
mayo
crushed hot & spicy pork rinds

Take the chicken breast & coat with mayo. Pat in the pork rinds and completely cover. Place on sprayed cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 30-35 mins til chicken is done.

Stacia's Kookin Korner

Old 03-19-2005, 04:30 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Want some more????

CHEESY BURGER
5 slices bacon fried crisp and crumbled
2 pounds ground beef
1/2-3/4 cup Ragu Cheese Creations Double Cheddar Cheese Sauce (2g carb for every 1/2 cup)

I fry the hamburger crumbled up like for tacos and season with salt and pepper. All you do then is mix the whole thing together and eat. I think it tastes like a giant cheese burger.

** I love this!!! And it's something the whole family can eat. The boys like it either on a bun or rolled up in a tortilla. Kent & I like it over top of hot & spicy pork rinds.

LOL Can ya tell we love our pork rinds??!?!!

Fried Chicken and Gravy (low carb)

2 3-lb fryer-broiler, cut in portion-size pieces
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2 cups pork rinds
2 eggs, beaten until lemon yellow
2 Tbsp. half & half
1/4 lb. butter

Wash chicken and wipe dry with paper towels. Using rolling pin or food processor, reduce the pork skins to very fine crumbs. Combine salt, pepper and pork rind crumbs and mix well. Combine the eggs and 2 Tbsp. of half & half. Dip each piece of chicken into the egg mixture, then in the pork rind crumbs. Be sure each piece is well-coated. Melt the butter in a large skillet. Add chicken and saute until it is well browned on all sides. Turn the heat down to very low and continue to cook for 1 hour or until chicken is well done. Place chicken on a platter and keep warm in a 250 degree oven while making the gravy.

For gravy:
3 Tbsp. flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1-1/2 cups half & half

To the butter left in the skillet, add flour, salt and pepper; cook over low heat until the mixture is bubbly and the flour begins to brown slightly. Stir in the half & half and continue cooking over low heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture is thickened. Pour over hot chicken and serve immediately.
Makes 6 servings
Per serving: 790 calories; 6.2 grams carbohydrates; 0.1 grams fiber

Stacia's Kookin Korner

Old 03-19-2005, 04:39 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

More recipes with Pork rinds

TrishZ's Pork Rind Stuffing
1 cup chopped celery
1/2 cup chopped onion
Bells poultry seasoning to taste
Salt & pepper to taste
1 pkt of sweetener
1/2 stick butter
(2) 7oz bags of pulverized pork rinds
1 can of sodium free chicken broth

Sautee all but rinds & broth in a frying pan until celery and onions are transparent & tender. Mix in broth & rinds and mix until all is coated and moist. Put into baking dish and bake for 30-45 minutes at 400 until set like regular bread stuffing.

Pork Rind Stuffed Mushrooms

20 Medium mushrooms washed
3oz of pulverized pork rinds
3 Tbl butter
2 Tbl fine chopped onions
salt & pepper to taste
Remove stems from mushrooms and chop fine, sautee onions & mushrooms until onions are transparant, add pork rinds and stir until rinds are moist. Fill caps with pork rind mixture and bake for 15 minutes at 350. Dust with paprika & parsley to garnish.

BLT Salad

torn up lettuce
Hormel real bacon pieces or fried & crumbled bacon
diced tomatoes (whole tomato cut up)
mayo (can use the flavored mayos, just watch the carb count - Kent likes French's sunroasted tomato)

Tear up lettuc & place in bowl, add bacon & tomatoes. Add about 2 Tb mayo or more to your taste. Mix all together!! Great side salad.

Cheddar Bay Biscuits (low carb)

These biscuits taste and look like the Cheddar Bay biscuits available at Red Lobster. Serve warm with fresh butter.

For best results, follow this recipe exactly.

8 oz cream cheese
4 large eggs
2 cup pork rind flour (make by crushing pork rinds into a fine flour)
1/2 cup grated parmesian cheese
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup Italian Cheese Mix shredded cheese (found in the refrigerator section with other shredded chesses)
1 cup shredded Sharp Cheddar cheese
1 tsp pepper or to taste
1/2 to 1 tsp garlic powder (to taste)
1 tsp dried parsley

Preheat oven to 425. Bring cream cheese and eggs to room temperature. Mix cream cheese and eggs, one egg at a time, until smooth.
Add pork rind flour, baking powder, seasonings and chesses. Mix until blended. Mixture will be thick.
Mound mixture on a non-stick sheet pann that has been sprayed with butter-flavored cooking spray. The mounds should be about the size of a lemon.
Bake 12-15 minutes.
Remove from oven and brush with melted butter.

Red Lobster Garlic Cheese Biscuits (low carb)

3 whole eggs, slightly beaten
1 1/2 cups soy bake mix (like Atkins)
2 tablespoons baking powder
2 tablespoons oil
1/2 cup cream
1/4 cup water (add slowly)
1 1/2 teaspoons butter extract (optional)
4 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix all the ingredients together. (The dough will be almost like cookie dough.) Drop by tablespoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes, or until the tops are slightly golden. Makes either 18 biscuits @ . 75 grams each or 12 biscuits @ 2.0 grams each. ** Note: These biscuits freeze well

*** I haven't decided which cheese biscuit recipe I like best; I think the first one, even tho it's more complex. Try both and see which you like!!! ****

Stacia's Kookin Korner