Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Old 02-22-2005, 03:45 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Emmalee, thank you so much for all the recipes they look so good.....I like just about anything except shellfish(i'm allergic) but can eat shrimp and lobster,I don't like liver and other organ meats. My favorites are all veggies, chicken and fish. I really do appreciate all your help.

Carol that sounds really yummy too, I love cauliflower !!!! Thanks for sharing.

Just got back from my weapons class and it was a good workout tonight......we did bo(6ft staff) kata(fighting routine). We did it over and over and over again. Felt good after but may have a few bruises on my arms due to lack of control still.

Hope you all have a good night

hugs Debbie

Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 02-23-2005, 05:00 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

debknechtel - no, sorry I don't, but you can go to fitday.com and they can figure it out. If you haven't tried fitday, it's a neat site that you can record everything you eat then it tells you how many carbs, fat, calories, etc you've consumed.

Carol

Old 03-19-2005, 12:21 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Posting recipes????

Hi, everyone!! Hubby and I started Atkins about 3-4 weeks ago and I have lots of great recipes to share that we've tried and some that we haven't yet but I wasn't sure if I was supposed to post them here or under the recipe exchange in the food section??? Maybe I'll post them over there so they'll be easier to find and see. What do you think???
Attached Images

Pampered Chef Senior Consultant
Stacia's Kookin Korner

http://www.pamperedchef.biz/staciaskookinkorner

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord,"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11
Old 03-19-2005, 12:57 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Here's a couple to start...

we've fixed these in the past week with great results!!!

MEATZA
Makes 1 12-inch meatza or 8 good slices
1 lb. ground pork
1 lb. regular ground beef
1/4 cup finely diced onion
1 clove garlic, minced
1 egg
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
3/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 450F. Combine the pork, beef, onion, garlic, egg, cheese salt and pepper. Mix well. Pat out evenly onto a 16-inch rimmed pizza pan. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and carefully pour out the juices that have accumulated in the pan. The meat will have shrunk to about 12-inches and this is fine.
Total: 2767 cals Fat: 217 grams Carbs: 7 grams
Fiber: 1 grams Protein: 184 grams

*** I used 3/4 hamburger, 3/4 ground sausage & 3/4 ground turkey. To hubby's, I added 1/2 c crushed hot N Spicy pork rinds & a cpl shakes of Mrs. Dash Extra Spicy seasoning.. To our's I added 1/2 c shredded cheddar cheese, garlic pepper & onion powder. I made 2 pizzas so the meat amnt above was for each one. Once the meat mixture is mixed, I patted it out on 2 rectangle cookie sheets with raised edges. Make sure to push it up the sides, too so that when it shrinks a little, you have a "crust" around the pizza. On Kent's, I put green & red peppers, onions, mushrooms, green onions & mozzarella cheese. On ours, it was pepperoni & cheese. These were sooooo good & really helped with that craving for pizza!!!!

Stacia's Kookin Korner

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord,"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11
Old 03-19-2005, 01:11 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Some really good snacks:

Bacon Dogs

Take either all beef hot dogs or the little weiners and wrap uncooked bacon around each one. For the little ones, I cut each bacon slice into 3 or 4. Then place these on cookie sheet lined with foil. Bake on 350 til the bacon is crisp. These are really good either with a slice of cheese on top or dipped in cheese or I bet they'd be good with ranch dip.

Cheese Sticks

I took those cheese ropes or sticks and froze them. Then when I was ready to fix them, I took them out for about 5-10 mins. I cut each one in 1/2 then dipped them in an egg wash then rolled them in hot & spicy crushed pork rinds. Fry them in hot oil just til rinds are crispy. Don't fry too long or the cheese will melt and make sure that they are coated completely. You could also you the Atkins bake mix and add some seasoning. My favorite is the mozzarella sticks but you could any hard cheese!!!

Pepperoni Chips

Thinly slice pepperoni ( I like the really big slices cause they will shrink)
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. (or you can nuke them)
Lay the pepperoni slices in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake for 8 to 10 minutes.

Remove the pan from the oven and soak up the excess grease by pressing paper towels against the pepperoni chips. Return the pan to the oven and bake an additional 2 to 4 minutes, until the pepperoni slices are very crispy.

Serve as a snack anytime or use in place of crackers for dipping or for topping with your favorite cheese! They'll stay fresh and crispy for 1 to 2 days if you store them in an airtight container.

**right b4 they get really crispy, top with shredded mozzarella cheese and bake again til cheese melts!!!
** These are really good dipped in ranch, too!!!

More in a minute!! Gotta fix the kids dinner

Stacia's Kookin Korner

Old 03-19-2005, 02:03 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
Hi Stacia! How are you??

I cant wait to get moved and settled in to start low-carbing again.

I love the pepperoni chips! The other 2 sounds great too!!

Thanks for sharing!

Tami

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 03-19-2005, 02:24 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

More snacks:

snacks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

salami rolled up with creme cheese in it. yum yum.
string cheese
slices of bacon
pork rinds
sugar free jello
pepperoni & cheese
hot wings
heavy whipping creme, creme cheese, splenda, vanilla and cocoa powder = chocolate heaven
spinach dip
crab dip
chicken,ham,tuna,egg or turkey salad
deviled eggs

Hubby really likes these:

Oven-Fried Zucchini Chips

3 medium zucchini
2 eggs, beaten
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons LC Italian dressing
1/2 cup pork rind crumbs, crushed
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper

Cut zucchini into 1/4-inch thick slices; set aside. Combine eggs and Italian dressing in a small bowl; stir well. Combine pork rind crumbs, Parmesan cheese, & pepper in a small bowl; stir well. Dip zucchini in egg mixture; dredge in crumb mixture. Place zucchini on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 475 degrees for 5 minutes; turn and bake additional 5 minutes. Serve immediately.

Cinnamon Splenda Pork Rinds

Melt 2 tablespoons of butter (not too hot)
Drizzle over 2 oz of Plain Pork Rinds
Sprinkle with 2 tsps cinnamon and 2 splenda packs.

Eat!

Or dip in whipped cream made with splenda.

*** These are my favorite and the kids love them, too!!!!

Ranch Pork Rinds

1/2 bag of reg pork rinds
1 pkg of ranch dip mix (dry)
1 to 2 Tb of olive oil

In lg bowl with a lid, pour in pork rinds. Drizzle with the olive oil and shake to coat. Sprinkle the dry dip mix over the pork rinds, cover with lid and shake to coat all the rinds.

** Hubby said these are just as good as ranch potato chips!!!

"Sugared" Pecans *be careful! these are addictive!!!*

1 Tablespoon Egg White
about 1/2 stick of butter, melted
2 Cups Pecan Halves
1/4 Cup Splenda
2 teaspoons Cinnamon

In a bowl, beat egg white until foamy. Stir in melted butter. Add pecans and toss until well coated. Combine the Splenda and cinnamon; sprinkle over the pecans and toss to coat. Spread in a single layer on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 300 degrees for 30 minutes or until browned. Cool on waxed paper.

Stacia's Kookin Korner

Old 03-19-2005, 02:36 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Hi, Tami!!!!

How close are you to moving? Are you moving far? That is one thing I hate to do.. is move!!!!! I did find out from past experiences to make sure I had all the boxes labeled and packed with things from the same room!!! Nothing is worse than having to dig through 30 boxes trying to find medicine b/c since it was sitting on the microwave someone packed it with the kitchen stuff instead of the bathroom stuff!!!! LOL

How are you doing on your lowcarbing? Now that I'm finding and actually trying more new recipes, etc it hasn't been too bad. I've made some new stuff this week that was really good and the kids and I are really picky!! lol I've only lost about 6-8 lbs but that's better than gaining it!!!

Good luck on your move!!! I'll be praying that it goes smoothly!!!!
Attached Images

Stacia's Kookin Korner

Old 03-19-2005, 02:46 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Crepes

Crepes

2 eggs,
2 tbsp heavy cream,
1 tbsp butter or oil

whisk all together, heat pan, lightly butter, pour in small amounts so crepes are thin, whirl them around sop they cover the bottom of an 8" pan cook till brown on one side about 2 minutes or so, then flip and do the same.

Makes about 3 crepes Total carbs: 1.4 g for all 3

** I made these the other day when Kent came home from working 11-7 and then warmed up a couple jalepeno cheddar smoked sausages and wrapped them in the crepes just like a bun or tortilla. He really liked them.

Other options: sprinkle warm crepes with mixture of cinnamon & splenda and dip in sf syrup; mix 1/2 c softened cream cheese with cinnamon & splenda and fill crepes & roll; maybe a little cool whip & sliced fruit??, maybe fry some sausage and make a sausage & cheese burrito, hmmm.. just thought of that! Sounds really good!!!

Stacia's Kookin Korner

Old 03-19-2005, 02:48 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Breakfast Meatballs

These are good for snacks, too!!

Breakfast Meatballs:

2 lbs sausage
1 lb ground beef
3 eggs
2 TBS instant minced onion
1/2 lb shredded cheddar cheese
black pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine all ingredients and mix well. Roll into 1-1/2" balls and place on cookie sheet. Bake 20-25 minutes. Makes about 50 meatballs. They freeze well after cooking for an anytime snack.

One meatball (approx.)
Calories: 87
Carbs: 0.137
Protein: 5.36

Stacia's Kookin Korner