Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2004, 05:53 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Ladies. I am sitting infront of this computer crying. I am also wearing my wedding dress for the first time in ten years. Ten long years of not being able to put it on and remember the happiest day of my life. I just wanted to let you all know. I wanted to share this little triumph. To tell you all that it can happen, that you and I can both lose the wieght we need to to be happy and healthy. God Bless.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Old 08-30-2004, 05:55 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Sorry I forgot. Patrice all I do is cut the squash in half and clean it out. Put it cut side up ina baking diah. Put in the cavity butter and brown sugar and a little cinnamon. Cover with foil and bake it at about 300 degrees until fork tender.

Old 08-31-2004, 04:10 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

EMMJEAN, WOW, I WOULD BE CRYING TOO!

THAT's WONDERFUL!!!

You know what is funny for me, is that no one knows I've lost weight around here. Some of them haven't seen me in 2 yrs and so they didn't see me at my heaviest. They think I just lost a few pounds. I lost alot more than that-LOL! Even though I'm still 'heavy', I'm at one of my goals!!! Let's keep going!!!
Old 08-31-2004, 05:00 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

CONGRATULATIONS EMMAJEAN

Old 08-31-2004, 03:31 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

this may not help anyone but here are a few things you might like to check on....if anyone can find it, there was a little book out in the 60's or 70's before Atkins jumped on the bandwagon and all it told you was to cut out the white processed foods...and to keep carbs around 60 per day...guess what. it worked great...

also i have a monthly subscription to Low Carb Luxury magazine on line...it has lots and lots of good stuff every month...a recipe section that is huge and you can find just about everything you want...at one time i tried to copy all the recipes...man that was nuts!! hahaha

right now there is a place where you can go and vote for your favorite sites (low carb) stores (low carb) foods (low carb) and on and on and on..well i went and checked out all the places that are being voted on!!!!!!! IT IS GREAT!!! You can find the online magazines, the stores, and all!!! if you like it fine, if not, it gives you another place to bookmark and use for future reference. I didn't even realize there were so many places or stores ... the site is

http://www.carbaware.org/expo/consum...ice_awards.htm
Old 08-31-2004, 03:35 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Also if you print off the list that is being voted on it takes about 3 or 4 pages (i am half blind so i have it printed fairly large and it took me 4) anyway it gives you a really good reference list...let me know what you guys think...

oh yea Ross Chocolates are GREAT...and Russell Stovers are FANTASTIC!!! And they are within your carbs and curb any chocolate urges you have!!! Does anyone know if M&M's have come out with one yet???? love my little fellers!!
Old 08-31-2004, 04:30 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Carb-o-rite has M&M type candies. With or without peanuts. Found a great buy today. Our local winco had Atkins Pizzas for .99 each. And I had a $1.00 off coupon. So I got three for $1.98. Had one for dinner. They are kind of small but with a nice large salad it is o.k.. Sure did help the pizza cravings.

Old 08-31-2004, 10:18 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Thanks, I really don't like the taste of alot of Atkins things...that is a good deal tho...our local Walmart had the Atkins shakes marked from $7.98 down to $2.00!! I bought up a bunch for in a rush...i freeze the strawberry and then take it out and put it into the blender...I add a little more water and it is alot like sherbert or icecream..I tried Atkins breads and didn't care for them..But if people will look on the labels of most regular whole wheat bread it is about as low as any of the high priced ones that claim to be low carb.

I went on it before and lost really good...I am just getting ready to get back on it good. I do like some of the pastas but you got to look REALLY close...a few are really low carb...but the low carb brand can really fill you up alot faster than the regular and you stay full..thanks for getting back to me..
and can you tell me how I can find out how many posts i have had .. i have been a member for over a year but don't get here regular...but intend to do it alot more now..

thanks again and God Bless

diane
Old 08-31-2004, 10:22 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

after I asked, i saw where it gives the post by my name!!! want to get them up to 75

also, have you ever tried to take the Mission tortilla shells and make pizzas with them? now that they got out the low carb ones you can make some nice thin crispy ones...
Old 09-01-2004, 04:47 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I buy my low carb bread at the bakery outlet for 1.49 a loaf. Each slice has 6 net carbs. But I really like the bread.
I buy only the Mission low carb tortillas I bake the tortilla alone until it is a little crisp. Then add the toppings and bake until done. They do make great thin and crisp pizzas. What a great buy on the Atkins Shakes. I have never tried them because the cost so much here. If they ever come on sale I sure will try them.

Closed Thread