Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2004, 11:24 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Hi, Leasmom - I was wondering where you'd wandered off to!

I've been painting walls every day for the past week. I'm finally done! I used my walking time to paint. I stepped on the scale this a.m. FYI: It appears that painting is not as useful as walking when it comes to losing weight.
Old 08-26-2004, 11:40 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

It helps strengthen your arms!

I laid tile for several days and that was tiring but I could get up off the floor without help and my knees didn't swell up from being on them-(though just a few minutes)-and I could sit Indian style-woohoo

I am not done painting myself. I am going to paint this wall, it just bugs me. It's off white with paneling behind it and it's all scratched up. It won't take long to paint it but it needs it.

I need some more splenda, I ran out and have had to use sugar in my coffee. I haven't had any soda or sweet tea in days. I'll go to Walmart tomorrow...I can't wait until Monday, no more riding the bus!!!
Old 08-27-2004, 09:19 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Hello everyone.
I know it may seen early, but I was wondering if you all were planning anything special for the holidays? I know I will be making a cheesecake. This will be my first holiday season without stuffing. I just don't know how I am going to get through that. I make a really great stuffing with suasage and dried apricots and pecans(sigh). But there is just no way I could eat it now. Any ideas?

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Old 08-27-2004, 02:10 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

There's supposed to be a good stuffing recipe

on active lowcarber at http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=25

I'm not sure where it is but I am interested in it too. In the Triple Digits section we were discussing our menus. Check it out.
Old 08-27-2004, 07:55 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
EMMJEAN, Just a thought...... You could try a test-run with making your stuffing with low-carb bread. Sausage is allowed, go easy on the Apricots and pecans are ok too.

I have made a deal with myself that if I can reach 200 by Dec., then Im going to relax at little for that month and pick up in January to continue on to my final goal. I dont plan on going crazy by no means, just allowing myself a little bit of something if I really want it---without feeling guilty. I will only do this though if I reach my goal!!! I should weigh in right around 230 at Curves on Monday so it will be a challenge for me to meet my goal but Im going to work hard at it!!!

Im ready to talk holiday meals and recipes!! What are you all making??

Turkey will be on my menu for sure. After that, I have no idea!!

Has anyone made an EASY cheesecake that we can eat? I would love to try to make one but I dont want to screw it up,lol!

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 08-27-2004, 08:31 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I want to talk about it too.

Turkey, definately...normally in my family we would have mac n cheese, cranberry sauce, yams, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes, stuffing and lots of gravy.

Now I have to totally rethink everything...I'm glad but I think I better start now...

I can have the Mashed cauliflower, I can still have the green bean casserole, maybe a homemade cranberry sauce using splenda. Maybe a low carb stuffing and with the yams...what could be substituted? Acorn squash or something?
Old 08-27-2004, 08:46 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Leasmom, I looked for the LC stuffing at the link above but I couldnt find it. Can you tell me where to look?

Lets see....acorn squash would be a good replacement, cooked turnips would work too.

Im probably going to do mashed potatoes for my family and faux potatoes for me ( or maybe just cooked cauliflower and cheese).

Green beans will probably be on that list too.

Oh, how I long for sweet potatoes with butter, brown sugar and maple syrup!!!

Im going to have to find a good replacement for Pumpkin pie!!

Visit my blogs **

On Hiatus

Old 08-28-2004, 11:04 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Here's a couple of sugar-free desserts I make when my diabetic FIL comes for dinner. They both always turn out great. People don't even know they're sugar-free. Sometimes I skip the curst and just serve the fillings in dessert cups -that saves a few carbs.

No-Bake Diabetic Cheesecake

2 (8oz) pkgs. Low fat cream cheese
1 pkg. Sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix (4 serving size)
2/3 cup nonfat dry milk powder
1 cup water
1½ teaspoon vanilla
½ cup Lite Cool Whip
½ cup low-fat sour cream
1 Graham cracker pie crust

In large bowl, stir cream cheese until soft. Add pudding mix, milk powder & water. Mix well. Blend in vanilla, Cool Whip and sour cream. Spread mixture into pie crust. Refrigerate at least 1 hour.

Holiday Pumpkin Cheesecake

I found this recipe somewhere here on Family Corner about a year ago. I can’t remember who posted it, but it’s really good!

2 (8 oz.) pkgs. Cream cheese
1 pkg. Butterscotch sugar-free instant pudding mix (4 serving size)
2/3 cup nonfat dry milk powder
1 (15 oz.) can pumpkin
1½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
¾ Cup Cool Whip lite
2 Tablespoons chopped pecans & walnuts
1 graham cracker pie crust

Soften cream cheese and stir until smooth. Add pudding mix, dry milk powder, pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice. Mix well. Spread mixture into piecrust. Spread Cool Whip over filling, and sprinkle with nuts. Refrigerate 2 hours.
Old 08-28-2004, 11:37 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Oh Yeah, Ill be trying both of these!!

Thanks VickiLynn!!

Do you happen to know that card count for them?

Visit my blogs **

On Hiatus

Old 08-28-2004, 01:45 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Well, the crust is 108 total carbs
2/3 c. dry milk is 24
SF vanilla pudding mix is 24
16 oz. cream cheese is 12
1/2 c cool whip is 12
1/2 c sour cream is 5

So the whole no-bake cheesecake is 185 (divided by however you slice it).

The pumpkin cheesecake looks like it would be about the same, plus the pumpkin (34 g.) another 1/4 cup cool whip (6) and nuts (?)

Closed Thread