Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2004, 05:56 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I need to loose weight and would really like to start this. Any ideas where to start???
Old 10-18-2004, 07:29 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

blushing Good Morning

Good Morning to all.
Tutterbear35
You have already started ! you made the decision. Start your morning with non caffeine herbal tea, no sugar. Make sure to enjoy it. Wheater you are on the road to work or just getting your day started. Give yourself 10 minutes to just start the day slow. I am in Idaho and woke up and Got up. noticed it had rained all night and opened my slider doors that look to the East felt the cold air and then noticed I had snow on my foot hills. I enjoyed the fact that the seasons are changing and even though I Hate snow it made me realize everything in life needs a change and a chance to renew itself. So like it or not I will prepare for what is to come. I counted a few blessings and realized I needed to get with it and get my day started.
Now back to starting to loose weight dont start looking for pounds to drop off look and notice as you change your eating habits, notice how those pants fit or better yet if you are like me notice how your bra fits. I always lose there first.
Have some protien and remember at 10:30 or at least 2 hours after you start your day to give yourself a kick. Cheese stick or a small piece of fruit, and a large glass of very cold water. This way
you will make it to lunch

Keep in mind you need to keep remembering this is for you and you only.

Keep in mind you will neeed to fix dinner so open your mind to what you will have and if you need to cook for a family you can eat the same food just watch you portion control.

If anyone would like we could share what we are cooking and share some reciepes.

Hint: if you cook hamburger for Tacos- or Spaghetti or anything that needs ground hamburger after cooking it, rinse in a collander with VERY hot water to rinse the excess grease off.

I hope I havent rambled to much but I almost think this is like a journal and I am talking to myself more than I am to your sisters.

love ya
smiller
Old 10-18-2004, 10:09 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I always boil my hamburger - then drain it. That gets a LOT of grease out! I do about 4 or 5 pounds at a time, then freeze it. I've been doing that for years, and DH never even knew until one day last summer when he caught me in the act!
Old 10-18-2004, 01:34 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

BEEN LOSING-woohoow!!!

I'm gonna have to replace two of my pants...they're the stretchy slack kinds but they are TOO BIG.

But anyway, I made low carb chili yesterday. I used a can of tomatoes, some tomato paste, onions/green peppers, dry chili mix, and hamburger and beef. It was GOOD. My dd didn't like the beef though she only likes the hamburger. I like them both. I have been packing my lunch everyday for work, I take low carb bread as a sandwich. Tomorrow I'm gonna take some chili and enjoy. On payday I'm gonna get some low carb products to eat while at work like yogurt, candy-(since everyone is eating candy) and some low carb chips. I am living off coffee though but either way I couldn't live without caffeine!
Old 10-18-2004, 02:05 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

GREAT JOB, LEASMOM!!!

Now you made me hungry for chili. I'm drinking too much coffee, too. The colder it gets, the more I drink!! I'm going to pick up some herbal tea the next time I'm in town.
Old 10-18-2004, 02:30 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

chili

Two thumbs up Leasmm....

Try some popcorn with out butter. Use
No butter but you can have a little salt and really you could use some Molly Mcbutter sprinkels. I think you can have 2 cups. fix you some carrot and celery sticks and lots of dill pickles are great to snack on. I used to put them in baggies or small plastic and called them my m&ms and Kit Kat sticks. Its all in the head.

Lots & Lots of cold water. use a straw you drink more.
After awhile water gets old so I put a tsp. of lemon in mine.

Chili- I cant wait to make some.
I made what I call clean the fridge soup today.
I had a elk roast left over so I chopped it up and put any veggie I had on had and then added a can of stewed tomatos and some diluted gravy mix in the crock pot. It really is good and there cant be to many calories because its all veggies and a little meat.

Talk later
smiller
Old 10-18-2004, 09:17 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

if you are trying to low carb it, you need to check the pop corn!! corn is high in carbs...i learned to make some chips out of low carb tortillas and eat pork skins for snacks. for everythng high carb there is a substitute....

be careful on the stomach stapling....i had it done years ago...at first i lost like crazy and was tickled to death but i got whatever it is that is opposite to diabetes!! i would pass out and crave sugars like crazy!!! you do loose fast...your skin hangs...i use to say it made me look like i had chicken skin with the fat missing!! i regret having it and after so long if you don't change your habits, you will just start stretching the part of the stomach that is left. but this time your tummy gets big and looks a little lopsided (or mine did) and as you said, you still have to diet --or learn how to cheat and it comes back...the low carb is a life style and once you learn to substitute you are home free....i love it. and the family eats alot of the same thing so it isn't so expensive when you learn how to cook for the entire family..

fat parents can make fat children, i figured i have to get it off or my daughter will go thru all i have gone thru all my life...not to mention helping her to run the risk of diabetes....if you eat healthy your kids will to...children usually do what they SEE not what you tell them to do!!!
diane
Old 10-18-2004, 10:13 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

I guess I am more into eating foods with high fiber and filling and can be better than a hand ful of chocolate.
As far as surgercal sitiuations I dont know that I am that over weight or at least I dont feel I need to go that far. My daughter had bypass surgery 2 years ago but she had been heavy all her life and then ended up expecting twin and was on bed reest for almost 5 months. She felt like she could not walk across the room and knew she needed to do something or else she wouldnt be around to raise the twins. I believe if youdo your homework and dedicate your life to the change you will do fine. YOu also need a great support group as she has.
\
Good luck to all those going for the 3 lbs by Halloween.
I dont think I have lost anything but I did walk through the Halloween candy isle today at the store and never even picked up a bag to hand out. I will wait till Saturday noon to do that or else I will eat it.

For my choclolat e crave i found tiny Dumb Dumb suckers and I only had one in 3 days. So that is my step p.
How is every one else doing.?
Talk in am it after 11 in Idaho and my sweetie says its bed time and it is.

Heres wishing you lots of sunshine and smile in the morning.
Dont forget to treat yourself with a moment of pleasure.
love ya all- ( Ireally mean this because you are all like a best friend that I have needed for so long.)
smiller
Old 10-19-2004, 08:02 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Way to go Patrice. Your chili sounds great. The Carb o Rite(SP?) cand is great if you get the jelly beans and gummy bears. For chocolate I prefere Russel Stovers. I don't like the hersheys low carb chocolate. Yuckie after taste to me.

I am working on the 3lb halloween goal Sally. I have stopped weighing myself My next weigh in will be on Halloween day. I had to stop because I was driving myself crazy doing it two and three times a day.

Havn't had popcorn since December of last year. I plan on making popcorn balls for the kids though.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Old 10-20-2004, 06:48 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

What would be a basic outline for low-carb? I'm trying to read some of the listings and I get so confused
razorback49

Closed Thread